ADVERTISEMENT

Credit Monitoring Service

Indy_Rider

All-American
Feb 10, 2006
Bargersville, IN
Anyone use a credit monitoring service?

I finally got hit by someone attempting to steal my identity (how sad do you have to be to want to be me, but whatever). Someone put a hold on our mail with the post service and was going to steal our mail, found one new credit card opened but got it closed before there were any charges to it, nothing else on any of the credit reports and all are now frozen. So hopefully that is taken care of.

But got me thinking, maybe I should sign up for a credit monitoring service. So, who do you use or recommend as apparently there are several now? Would be a family of 4, I guess Aura sounds like the best option for that but was curious if anyone had any experience or thoughts.

Anyone use a credit monitoring service?

I finally got hit by someone attempting to steal my identity (how sad do you have to be to want to be me, but whatever). Someone put a hold on our mail with the post service and was going to steal our mail, found one new credit card opened but got it closed before there were any charges to it, nothing else on any of the credit reports and all are now frozen. So hopefully that is taken care of.

But got me thinking, maybe I should sign up for a credit monitoring service. So, who do you use or recommend as apparently there are several now? Would be a family of 4, I guess Aura sounds like the best option for that but was curious if anyone had any experience or thoughts.
Best of luck trying to prevent this. We’ve had our identity stolen twice, credit cards four times, and just recently my Medicare card was compromised. We have our credit cards give us an alert for anything over twenty bucks. That’s helped a lot as we’ve had a few notifications that weren’t ours.

Best of luck trying to prevent this. We’ve had our identity stolen twice, credit cards four times, and just recently my Medicare card was compromised. We have our credit cards give us an alert for anything over twenty bucks. That’s helped a lot as we’ve had a few notifications that weren’t ours.
Yeah, I am surprised it hasn't happened sooner. Just trying to decide if paying for a credit monitoring service would be worth it as the cost isn't insignificant in my book for the service.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT