ADVERTISEMENT

Cory Trice

Had a good game and always looks better when the ball finds you twice. I do have some concerns with him staying with faster receivers one on one. Think he was the one burned by Demus on the first TD that was called back for holding. Also, on the second pick if that ball is thrown properly it probably goes for a 20+ yard completion. I still see him at safety long term, but he should be a good one.

Had a good game and always looks better when the ball finds you twice. I do have some concerns with him staying with faster receivers one on one. Think he was the one burned by Demus on the first TD that was called back for holding. Also, on the second pick if that ball is thrown properly it probably goes for a 20+ yard completion. I still see him at safety long term, but he should be a good one.

I got a bit irritated at the TV commentator. Said something to the effect, "it's a good thing for Purdue that one was called back."

Well, no sh*t Sherlock... if you allow the OLine to hold, you're going to give your receivers time to get open on a play like that. That's why they make it a penalty.

I got a bit irritated at the TV commentator. Said something to the effect, "it's a good thing for Purdue that one was called back."

Well, no sh*t Sherlock... if you allow the OLine to hold, you're going to give your receivers time to get open on a play like that. That's why they make it a penalty.
Maryland continued to hold, but the refs stopped calling it.

Watched the replay, the announcer on Big Channel showed 2 Purdue players were held, plus flag was thrown before QB ever threw the ball. So not lucky, just Purdue finally getting a call

Watched the replay, the announcer on Big Channel showed 2 Purdue players were held, plus flag was thrown before QB ever threw the ball. So not lucky, just Purdue finally getting a call

Agree.

Just watched the replay myself. Immediately after acknowledging two players were held, we got this gem ...

"Fortunate for this Boilermaker defense, 'cuz Pigrome had a great throw deep to Demus."

Which... was my point. It wasn't "fortunate" for Purdue. There was nothing "fortunate" about it. The only way he got the throw off was due to the multiple holds.

TV commentators say a lot of stupid stuff during games. In their quest to not have dead air time, they just say the obvious most of the time. That's why I often watch games with the TV muted. It saves the frustration.

Agree.

Just watched the replay myself. Immediately after acknowledging two players were held, we got this gem ...

"Fortunate for this Boilermaker defense, 'cuz Pigrome had a great throw deep to Demus."

Which... was my point. It wasn't "fortunate" for Purdue. There was nothing "fortunate" about it. The only way he got the throw off was due to the multiple holds.

I thought the exact same thing when I was watching it

Reactions: Purdue85
What is crazy is I believe that is only the 2nd holding call GK3 has gotten this whole season... which anyone who watches knows he gets probably a half dozen OBVIOUS play impacting holds a game

Reactions: atmafola and DAG10

Not sure if you’re a premium subscriber but Trice himself had comments that indicated he’s less comfortable with the mental aspect of safety

The announcers did point out that Maryland got away with holding on their td run.That was the one by the running back.

TV commentators say a lot of stupid stuff during games. In their quest to not have dead air time, they just say the obvious most of the time. That's why I often watch games with the TV muted. It saves the frustration.
Years ago, I used to turn the tv on ... muted and let the radio do the play by play.

Years ago, I used to turn the tv on ... muted and let the radio do the play by play.

Not being able to watch the games in our house, I listen to them on the radio while following Yahoo sports for the game on the internet. It's amazing how many times the play is already over before the other one broadcasts it, and some times by minutes before the other broadcasts it, and there is no rhyme nor reason which will be more in step with the actual game. And sometimes also following the game thread here, it is even more in sync with the actual game.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT