ADVERTISEMENT

Comparison Stats for Michigan Game

JohnnyDoeBoiler

All-American
Sep 23, 2013
West Lafayette
Michigan's Current Offensive Stats:
Rushing Offense: 41st (128 for 598 199/game 2 TD's)
Passing Offense: 85th (43 of 78 608 yards 202/game
3rd Down Conversion: 101st (16 of 47 .340)
4th Down Conversion: 1st (3 for 3)
Red Zone Offense: 39th (9 for 10 1 TD 8 FG's)
Total Offense: 72nd (402/game)

Purdue's Current Offensive Stats:
Rushing Offense: 64th (115 for 519 173/game 4 TD's)
Passing Offense: 35th (75 of 115 806 yards 286.7/game)
3rd Down Conversion: 68th (17 of 42 .405)
4th Down Conversion: 30th (5 for 7)
Red Zone Offense: 1st (13 for 13 10 TD's 3 FG's)
Total Offense: 45th (459.7/game)

Michigan Current Defensive Stats:
Rushing Defense: 10th (2.33 yards per rush 82.3/game)
Passing Defense: 12th (5.03 yards per attempt 125.7/game)
3rd Down Conversion: .244
4th Down Conversion: .500
Red Zone Defense: 35th (3/4 .750)
Total Defense: 5th (208.7/game)

Purdue Current Defensive Stats:
Rushing Defense: 53rd (4.09/rush 129.7/game)
Passing Defense: 83rd (12.44/comp 244.7/game)
3rd Down Conversion:.350
4th Down Conversion: .500
Red Zone Defense: 59th (9/11 .818)
Total Defense: 68th (374.3/game)

We put the last two games away in the second quarter and then went into a burn the clock, don't show much more, offense in the second halves.
Good point and one that Brohm stated as much about the offense going dry in the second half. I think he was more concerned about getting out of that game healthy and with minimal tape for opponents to watch.

Honestly I think there's a slight skew to the Defense rankings just a bit is because Purdue has put 2/3 games away at halftime and played more vanilla past that, letting the defense close the game in more of a "preserve the lead" type role.

Michigan has been actively trying to win all 4 quarters because of the close scores (due to the offense being a consistent non-starter) (i.e. vs Florida 26-17@end of 3, vs Cincy 24-14 @end of 3, vs AFA 19-13 @end of 3). That's a defense that is still doing their best to shut down the other side to eke out a win well into the 4th quarter, and as such means you should have a consistently lower opponent offense (assuming you are winning those games) as there really is no garbage time.

Plus you add in all the suspensions on florida's team to start that game (10 total I think it was) including the starting QB and leading WR and RB, you consider the fact that despite triple option being tough, it means knowing that they are running the ball consistently (skewing passing numbers down in both cases). Realistically, Cincy is the only two headed team they have faced all year and they really don't have much of an offense. (score 26 on Austin Peay and 21 against Miami-OH).

Michigan's D is getting a ton of credit because it's Michigan, but realistically, with their sputtering offense, as long as neither Blough nor Sindelar plant their heads firmly up their own asses and crap themselves back out, Michigan really hasn't seen an offense like the one Purdue is presenting this year.

Now I could be horribly wrong, but this really does have the feel of a strong upset game.

Reactions: SDBoiler1
Honestly I think there's a slight skew to the Defense rankings just a bit is because Purdue has put 2/3 games away at halftime and played more vanilla past that, letting the defense close the game in more of a "preserve the lead" type role.

Michigan has been actively trying to win all 4 quarters because of the close scores (due to the offense being a consistent non-starter) (i.e. vs Florida 26-17@end of 3, vs Cincy 24-14 @end of 3, vs AFA 19-13 @end of 3). That's a defense that is still doing their best to shut down the other side to eke out a win well into the 4th quarter, and as such means you should have a consistently lower opponent offense (assuming you are winning those games) as there really is no garbage time.

Plus you add in all the suspensions on florida's team to start that game (10 total I think it was) including the starting QB and leading WR and RB, you consider the fact that despite triple option being tough, it means knowing that they are running the ball consistently (skewing passing numbers down in both cases). Realistically, Cincy is the only two headed team they have faced all year and they really don't have much of an offense. (score 26 on Austin Peay and 21 against Miami-OH).

Michigan's D is getting a ton of credit because it's Michigan, but realistically, with their sputtering offense, as long as neither Blough nor Sindelar plant their heads firmly up their own asses and crap themselves back out, Michigan really hasn't seen an offense like the one Purdue is presenting this year.

Now I could be horribly wrong, but this really does have the feel of a strong upset game.
Please Floridas starting QB wasn't suspended of the 10 that were suspended only 2 were going to play, michigans defense held them to 11 yards rushing.
Purdue hasn't faced a defense like Michigans.
Listen to your coaches take on our defense

Please Floridas starting QB wasn't suspended of the 10 that were suspended only 2 were going to play, michigans defense held them to 11 yards rushing.
Purdue hasn't faced a defense like Michigans.
Listen to your coaches take on our defense
No, but he was a FR starting in his first game when Florida played Michigan. He seemed pretty inaccurate with his passes.

Are you seriously comparing the Purdue defense to the Michigan defense?

There are like five teams in the country who can make that comparison.

I think that Michigan's defense is top 5 in the country. If the Purdue offensive is effective against this defense, Purdue fans should be ecstatic.

Reactions: ivan brunetti

How's that upset feeling? Honestly, this was the easiest game possible for Michigan. Too bad they don't face purdont every game

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT