ADVERTISEMENT

Coach Shondell on the health of Poulter

DocRon

All-American
Gold Member
Aug 15, 2001
Sheridan , Michigan
At Purdue’s press conference during the B1G Media Day, Shondell said Poulter has been given a medical “all-clear” after her knee injury. He said he was allowed a waiver to spend a day testing her knee (coaches are not allowed to work with players during the summer) and she did well. That is good news as Dave needs to have a good setter right off the bat after veteran Megan Renner tore her ACL for the second time and considering their very tough non-conference schedule.

Eva Hudson also commented on how she “started out hot” last year as a freshman and then went through a cold spell. It was hard for her. She has talked to the freshman coming in this summer, especially Chloe Chicoine, that they need to be prepared for those ups and downs.

Last edited:
At Purdue’s press conference during the B1G Media Day, Shondell said Poulter has been given a medical “all-clear” after her knee injury. He said he was allowed a waiver to spend a day testing her knee (coaches are not allowed to work with players during the summer) and she did well. That is good news as Dave needs to have a good setter right off the bat after veteran Megan Renner tore her ACL for the second time and considering their very tough non-conference schedule.

Eva Hudson also commented on how she “started out hot” last year as a freshman and then went through a cold spell. It was hard for her. She has talked to the freshman coming in this summer, especially Chloe Chicoine, that they need to be prepared for those ups and downs.

Reactions: DocRon

They used the crap out of EH last year. Should have more options this year even if very young. Hope setters can use the middles more. They never seemed in sync last year.

Should be exciting.

Will both Hudson and Chicoine play 6 rotations? I don’t think you lose a thing defensively with Chicoine and the combined offense will be great.

Leaves very little room for DSs

Last edited:
Reactions: DocRon and Boilermb
They used the crap out of EH last year. Should have more options this year even if very young. Hope setters can use the middles more. They never seemed in sync last year.

Should be exciting.

Will both Hudson and Chicoine play 6 rotations? I don’t think you lose a thing defensively with Chicoine and the combined offense will be great.

Leaves very little room for DSs
CDS thinks Hudson will have more help in the front row this year. Chicoine for sure will play 6 rotations, hope CDS remembers to rest her as much as possible.

CDS thinks Hudson will have more help in the front row this year. Chicoine for sure will play 6 rotations, hope CDS remembers to rest her as much as possible.
Do you think Hudson will also play 6 rotations like last year? Gives the setter so many options.

The “normal” I guess is to only have a back row hitter when the setter is on the front row but with two very good defensive hitters, why not?

Reactions: Boilermb
Do you think Hudson will also play 6 rotations like last year? Gives the setter so many options.

The “normal” I guess is to only have a back row hitter when the setter is on the front row but with two very good defensive hitters, why not?
I think Shondell will play both in the back row for the purpose of saving substitutions.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT