ADVERTISEMENT

Class of 2025 Shrinking Fast

At this point I am not sure we'll be able to even field a team next season.

This is a historic disaster.. ironically as much as I hated NIL, it might be the only way we survive at this point when the new coach comes in.

I would put this coach as our worst in history.. and say that comparing the timeline all our bad ones were on and looking at it as a whole. This one has historic loses, decommits left and right, players flat out leaving the team for "personal reasons"... this is a disaster. I mean we can't even keep 3 star recruits that likely would have all the playing time they want...

Last edited:
At this point, looks like the staff will have to hit the portal hard in December and find some guys who are just looking for a fresh start. I'm sure Purdue's not going to get the cream of that crop, either.

Uncertainty about the coaching staff is probably as much of a recruiting hinderance now as the weekly on-the-field beatdowns.

Whoever the new coach will be, everyone will have to realize its not gonna be an overnight turnaround, unreal how bad things got this year.
There is wins and losses and then there's becoming competitive. No doubt next season will be similar to this year in terms of wins but please get the ship turning in the right direction and get competitive.

At this point, looks like the staff will have to hit the portal hard in December and find some guys who are just looking for a fresh start. I'm sure Purdue's not going to get the cream of that crop, either.

Uncertainty about the coaching staff is probably as much of a recruiting hinderance now as the weekly on-the-field beatdowns.
Hopefully, it will be an entirely new staff or we are going to get this big name school transfers that these big name schools knew were not what they thought they were and hoped that they would leave for another school.

Even if it is entirely new staff, Purdue is going to have to start putting up some NIL money to entice better players. I still do not see us doing that, unless we get a new AD.

The next couple of years are going to be bleak until we get a good foundation set up.

Reactions: FLAG HUNTER
Hopefully, it will be an entirely new staff or we are going to get this big name school transfers that these big name schools knew were not what they thought they were and hoped that they would leave for another school.

Even if it is entirely new staff, Purdue is going to have to start putting up some NIL money to entice better players. I still do not see us doing that, unless we get a new AD.

The next couple of years are going to be bleak until we get a good foundation set up.
And we need to do good in football as it pays for other things with it being such a high revenue... So dumping money in to it will only trickle elsewhere.

So this whole debacle right now has far reaching implications really. Yeah we have mens bball .. but that won't make enough to cover everyone else really.

Reactions: pboiler18
it's a bad sign when your team on the field quits, it's a really bad sign when apathy sets in with the fan base, it's a horrible sign when your recruits lose faith and start decommitting.
And right now we have all of this...... many times over. We mocked indinia for having more goose poop than fans int he stands, we're likely in the same boat going forward unless there is a change.

I’m confident Walters will find new recruits to play for him. They won’t be elite 4 star recruits, but they will be recruits. I look forward to Walters signing many 3,2 star and unfanked players hoping to find a nugget. I look for him to add a bunch of jucos and a bunch of experienced grad transfers. Purdue will start recruiting MAC players once more. What is sad is when mac recruits pick a mac team over a Purdue offer.

As for the future, there is no new coach that is going to be able to create a quick fix. Purdue had a chance to hire a decent coach to replace Brohm. That coach instead went to Wisconsin.

Purdue football wasn’t that great to begin with. Add Oregon, usc and Washington to the league and Purdue just took 3 steps lower in the standings. Any further additions to the conference will also be stronger than Purdue.

Instead of trying to relive the past and success of Purdue football, Purdue is going to have to grow up and start following the path that schools like northwestern, Wisconsin, Iowa, Minnesota and Indiana have taken.

Ask yourself, what’s more important? Reliving the past and creating a pass happy offense? Or having a winning season?

I’m confident Walters will find new recruits to play for him. They won’t be elite 4 star recruits, but they will be recruits. I look forward to Walters signing many 3,2 star and unfanked players hoping to find a nugget. I look for him to add a bunch of jucos and a bunch of experienced grad transfers. Purdue will start recruiting MAC players once more. What is sad is when mac recruits pick a mac team over a Purdue offer.

As for the future, there is no new coach that is going to be able to create a quick fix. Purdue had a chance to hire a decent coach to replace Brohm. That coach instead went to Wisconsin.

Purdue football wasn’t that great to begin with. Add Oregon, usc and Washington to the league and Purdue just took 3 steps lower in the standings. Any further additions to the conference will also be stronger than Purdue.

Instead of trying to relive the past and success of Purdue football, Purdue is going to have to grow up and start following the path that schools like northwestern, Wisconsin, Iowa, Minnesota and Indiana have taken.

Ask yourself, what’s more important? Reliving the past and creating a pass happy offense? Or having a winning season?
I don't know how accurate it is to say that Purdue had the chance to hire Fickell in 2022. If Fickell had no interest in coming to Purdue, then Purdue didn't really have the chance to hire him.

Reactions: TC4THREE
Whoever the new coach will be, everyone will have to realize its not gonna be an overnight turnaround, unreal how bad things got this year.
The portal taketh and the portal giveth. Indiana has proven a new coach can win with a team made up of a large number of transfers. In today’s day and age I actually think that you can have immediate success.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT