ADVERTISEMENT

Christian Keeling

After watching his highlight video, he looks like an absolute perfect fit for what Purdue needs with the departure of Cline/Edwards. He can create his own shot and shoots lights out from DEEP. Sign him up!

I'm sure the UT fans will love his leg kick if we get a chance to play them next season, lol

Yes between Keeling and Sherfield we would be assured to get a hard nosed kid who could hold his own in the Big Ten and fit our system.

Christian Keeling, 6-4, 175, G, Charleston Southern
Stats: 18.7 ppg, 6.9 rpg, 38% 3-pointers
Quick Scout: “Elite scorer from 3 and mid-range. Very, very good shooter off the catch-and-bounce. Creative to get his spots. Long and good athlete for his size. Good finisher at the rim, but trusts his jump shot more. Defends.”
Schools: Louisville, Texas Tech, Clemson, Georgia, Georgia Tech, Memphis, NC State, Maryland, Ole Miss, Colorado, Georgetown, Nevada, Butler, Arizona, Cincinnati, Boston College, Tennessee, Texas, Charleston Southern, Gonzaga

Jahaad Proctor, 6-3, 215, G, High Point
Stats: 19.5 ppg, 3.8 rpg, 3.3 apg
Quick Scout: “Physical, smart, can put you on his hip and keep you there. Gets to the free throw line. Three-level scorer. Streaky 3-point shooter with deep range. Average athlete.”
Schools: Arizona, Maryland, Seton Hall, Nevada, Oklahoma State, Michigan, Murray St., Boston College, Utah State, Wake Forest, San Diego, Colorado State, LaSalle

https://watchstadium.com/news/these...ayers-transferring-this-offseason-04-01-2019/

what role would he play ? a starter to replace Cline? or a 6th man steadying force off the bench like Evan ? I would sure like to see Newman starting from Day 1. I'm not sure if he's ready, but it would be awesome if he was.

Reactions: fall city
what role would he play ? a starter to replace Cline? or a 6th man steadying force off the bench like Evan ? I would sure like to see Newman starting from Day 1. I'm not sure if he's ready, but it would be awesome if he was.
It probably depends on who is in the front court. If Haarms and Wheeler are the 4 and 5, then he is a likely starter. If Wheeler, Haarms, and Williams start at the 3,4,5, then it would be close as to who starts between Newman and Keeling at the 2, imo.

With that being said, we should land him before worrying about what his role will be.

Reactions: Do Dah Day
Shooting in the dark on this ... the off-seasons under Painter always result in some nice surprises. I can't imagine Proctor becoming a starter, at least not before the Conference Season. Keeling has the attitude and energy and "CE"ism to be a real possibility. As said above, who will we get is the first answer needed.

I'm just thinking a grad transfer probably wants to know the answer to the same question before committing to a school. is he going to receive a chance to start? or will he just be depth? I would believe it would be hard for some to go from the main man and scoring machine to a lesser role. I realize that's what Evan did, but I'm not sure if his ending role is what he expected or projected it would be when he first committed to Purdue.

I can see some grad transfers wanting to play for a school that offers a great grad program. I can see some who just want a chance to play one last year for a team that will be in the dance. Whereas some might want one last year to try to display their talents with that small hope of turning pro.

I'm not really sure of the success rate, or exactly how many grad transfers have actually turned their transfer into actually being drafted by the NBA. I would believe one of the ones at texas tech may have a chance.

Purdue has used grad transfers in a variety of different roles from starters to bench role players. I believe our success rate has been a lot higher than other schools. Although, I readily admit I haven't really followed grad transfers at other schools. Do grad transfers even think of going to IU ? I guess it also depends on the coach. Some coaches embrace it, while others don't.

I'm just thinking a grad transfer probably wants to know the answer to the same question before committing to a school. is he going to receive a chance to start? or will he just be depth? I would believe it would be hard for some to go from the main man and scoring machine to a lesser role. I realize that's what Evan did, but I'm not sure if his ending role is what he expected or projected it would be when he first committed to Purdue.

I can see some grad transfers wanting to play for a school that offers a great grad program. I can see some who just want a chance to play one last year for a team that will be in the dance. Whereas some might want one last year to try to display their talents with that small hope of turning pro.

I'm not really sure of the success rate, or exactly how many grad transfers have actually turned their transfer into actually being drafted by the NBA. I would believe one of the ones at texas tech may have a chance.

Purdue has used grad transfers in a variety of different roles from starters to bench role players. I believe our success rate has been a lot higher than other schools. Although, I readily admit I haven't really followed grad transfers at other schools. Do grad transfers even think of going to IU ? I guess it also depends on the coach. Some coaches embrace it, while others don't.

Not quite an apples to apples comparison to a grad transfer, but Carl Landry comes to mind when mentioning ''transfer" and "NBA" in the same sentence. He was such an impressive player to watch. Undersized but always got the job done.

Reactions: pb1941

Painter will never guarantee playing time to anybody. They all get a chance to earn it.

This is correct. There are at least two starting guard jobs up for grabs. No on gets promised a starting role but the minutes are there and up for grabs.
Which in turn makes a player better and starting isn't even that big of a deal anymore.

If I was a player, I'd want all the minutes whether I started or not.

Reactions: northside100
Watford is going to Memphis and Dakich said to stay away from quinones.

I really would love to see Purdue land Keeling. He averaged over 20 points against Florida, Marquette, and Clemson and even though all three were bad losses, I think he demonstrated that he can score against high major competition, with 50% shooting from the field and from 3 in those three games combined. He looks like a player who could really plug in and compliment the players that Purdue has returning. With Edwards and Cline gone next season, I think that he could really help spread the court.

Unfortunately, my gut says he chooses UNC.

I assume that's for real ... and yes, Boilermakers everywhere said exactly the same thing!

We're certainly missing from the comments below the tweet.
Yeah the delusional UNC fans think the Harris commitment is going to help them land a guy with one year of eligibility left lol.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT