ADVERTISEMENT

Check out the video on Coach Williams...but what I noticed was the new additions to Ross-Ade...

JohnnyDoeBoiler

All-American
Sep 23, 2013
West Lafayette
Added brick along the base of the stands...and my oh my does it look so much better! Looks like it isn't all installed yet and is either painted black to be completed later or will try to get it done in the weeks leading up to the NU game.

that looks great.

have they replaced the 'purdue university' 'ross ade stadium' signage that was taken down from the press box yet?

I assume it was being replaced for a more consistent font

I really like the new facility they built. In the one area they have a wall with all the Purdue football legends. Also have the trophies from the bowl games. Should help catch recruits eyes.

I still barf whenever I see the chevron demarking the 1%ers seats on the West sideline. It looks gross. It looks grosser still when these swells go inside the press box whenever the weather is hot, windy, chilly, or cold. Television shots makes the stadium look half full. If you buy those seats then sit in them like everybody else in the stadium sits in theirs. Those who pay even more to sit inside the press box are fine, but the people who buy these 1% seats shouldn’t be able to join them.

I still barf whenever I see the chevron demarking the 1%ers seats on the West sideline. It looks gross. It looks grosser still when these swells go inside the press box whenever the weather is hot, windy, chilly, or cold. Television shots makes the stadium look half full. If you buy those seats then sit in them like everybody else in the stadium sits in theirs. Those who pay even more to sit inside the press box are fine, but the people who buy these 1% seats shouldn’t be able to join them.
coach Williams seems like a guy anyone would want to play for. What's his coaching career like?

coach Williams seems like a guy anyone would want to play for. What's his coaching career like?
Williams came to Purdue after spending the 2016 season as the offensive line coach at Western Kentucky. The Hilltoppers averaged 45.5 points, 336.8 passing yards and 523.1 total yards per game. Williams’ line allowed merely 22 sacks on 471 passing attempts (one every 21.4 attempts). Offensive tackle Forrest Lamp, a two-time first-team All-Conference USA selection, was named a third-team All-American. Center Max Halpin also earned first-team all-conference honors.

Previously, Williams coached at Florida Atlantic, Findlay, Gardner-Webb, North Greenville College and West Virginia.

At FAU, the Owls won the 2007 Sun Belt championship, 2007 New Orleans Bowl (the school’s first-ever bowl appearance) and 2008 Motor City Bowl. FAU ranked 15th in the nation in total offense in 2009, averaging 432.1 yards per game. Williams’ line protected 2007 Sun Belt Player of the Year Rusty Smith and paved the way for a pair of 1,000-yard rushing seasons by Charles Pierre (1,009 in 2008) and Alfred Morris (1,392 in 2009). FAU finished 13th in the nation in fewest sacks allowed in 2007 and 17th in 2008. Three of Williams’ offensive linemen – David Matlock John Rizzo and Jarrid Smith – earned All-Sun Belt accolades.

At Findlay, where he was the offensive coordinator and line coach from 2002 to 2004 and recruiting coordinator from 2000 to 2004, Williams directed an offense that finished 11th in the nation among Division II schools in rushing in 2004 (246 yards per game) and 18th in rushing (219) and 29th in total offense (405) in 2002. The 2002 team went 9-2, was ranked No. 25 in the country and allowed merely 15 sacks.

A three-year letterwinner and a member of West Virginia’s 1994 Sugar Bowl team, Williams was a two-year starter on the offensive line for the Mountaineers. He subsequently got his start in collegiate coaching as a graduate assistant with the Mountaineers.

A native of Cleveland, Williams (born Dec. 4, 1970) earned a bachelor’s degree in liberal arts in 1994 and a master’s degree in athletic coaching in 1996. He and his wife, Wendi, have two children, Nicole and Dominick.

*** From PurdueSports.com ***

Morgan coasting until retirement (and also limited funds from paying back the university).

Yeah, things like this show he was a bit too stodgy. I can see him saying “why would I put bricks there? How does that help the football team”. Just like the lights. And he didn’t realize these little things add a lot to the fan experience...and the improvement of that could have long term consequences that are hard to quantify.

Morgan coasting until retirement (and also limited funds from paying back the university).

I don't think it was coasting, that's how he always was. It was good for Purdue at times - we would have ended in a financial mess like Maryland. The other part is Purdue was barely keeping afloat taking such major revenue hits from football - not from paying back the university. Purdue would be in a world of hurt right now if it didn't have the Big Ten money.

Reactions: JohnnyDoeBoiler
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT