ADVERTISEMENT

CB Malachi "Max" Melton Commits

I have seen Kool and the Gang live twice, once was Mardi Gras in the 90s. They are fantastic, dont remember the Mardi Gras concert as well for some reason, lmao.

Don't feel bad about not tackling Barry Sanders, there are players who played multiple games against him and never tackled him. Greatest college season ever for any position was Barry's Jr year. His numbers are insane, add in a 200+ yard bowl game with I think 3 or 4 TD's like they do today, and even more insane, something like 3,000 yards almost and around 40TDs. You cant do that crap on video games much less division 1 FB.

Were you fan of EB? I remember his thighs were something like 36 inches and his waist was 34. Incredible. Built perfect for the position, still shocked he wasn't a stud in the NFL. I love when players talk crap, to me its a fun part of the game, I remember Hart Lee Dykes. He had a slightly better pro career than I did, and I didn't even play college, ball, lol
You should check out Kool and the Gang's video "Victory" because the entire video was filmed at my school. I wished I had skipped football practice to be in the video. A lot of guys did just that. The concert scene is shot in our main gym, which is like the largest or second-largest gym in the state of NJ.

As I get older, I love telling the story that I played against Barry Sanders. So few people understand what it's like to see him up close. It's like being the AI in a video game and Barry clowning you. It was like cheat codes from a video. At the time, I didn't like how he made our team look like fools, but now it's a badge of honor.

I have a funny story with EB. He lived on the floor above me next to Chad Brown (Steelers/Seahawks). Chad's room was the spot to play video games all day every day. Chad used to collect snakes (boa), and one day one of the snakes somehow escaped its enclosure. EB was playing the video game and started yelling. We all thought EB was screaming because he likes to get loud when he's winning. It turned out it was yelling because the snake was crawling up his pant leg. EB hit the door and was down the hallway in 2 seconds flat. He never came back to play video games.

I had a friend at Purdue who knew Derrick. He said he was pretty straight laced considering his brother was a rock star. Said he never saw him party much
Derrick had a few offers to play D1 basketball, but you would never know. He wasn't phased by much. He played a few years with the Seahawks and Denver Gold of the USFL. He's a good guy. These days he travels with his brother providing security.

Last edited:
Reactions: SKYDOG and Tommaker
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT