ADVERTISEMENT

Catlett Transferring

Yep. Hate to lose anyone but can appreciate his decision (and desire).

So transfers reduce any counts other than scholarships?

Yeah so does this open up a spot for a potential grad transfer or does that go against the 25 rule?

Well, freshmen won't be here until fall, actually late summer practice. 4 good ones at that. So I'm thinking the current receivers really won't know where they stand until then.
That's right. The true Freshmen will be Bell, Wright, Rice, and Sheffield. Add the Redshirt Freshman Kory Taylor, Tyler Hamilton, Ryan James, Noah Ellison, and Amad Anderson. When you add Sparks, Anthrop, Franklin, Bonner, Dotson, and, oh yeah, Rondale Moore, that makes a total of 15 WR's.
Holy cow! Please correct me if we have additions or subtractions.

Reactions: Zaphod_B
That's right. The true Freshmen will be Bell, Wright, Rice, and Sheffield. Add the Redshirt Freshman Kory Taylor, Tyler Hamilton, Ryan James, Noah Ellison, and Amad Anderson. When you add Sparks, Anthrop, Franklin, Bonner, Dotson, and, oh yeah, Rondale Moore, that makes a total of 15 WR's.
maybe Taylor gets beefed up to TE?

Tyler Hamilton is class of 2017 so he would be a RS Soph. next year.

He’s a track runner. At that height, I’d rather have his size on the outside
I agree. Also, I believe there was a poster who claimed to be his brother on the board this past summer stating that he will be a WR and will not be a TE.

This is why I think we will still end up with another big recruiting class in 2020. As we upgrade talent there will be more transfers. It’s not a bad thing.

The best part about the transfers, is in the Brohm era we don't really have to worry if the 7th WR transfers because the depth is crazy.

Reactions: Purdue85
With the playing time Moore received, I have to believe Bell will also be given a chance to start as a freshman and After the spring game you will see other players announcing their intentions to transfer. It's one thing to be 4-5th on the depth chart. But if you're a junior and you are 7th or higher, the writing is on the wall. Purdue doesn't really need 15 receivers.

With the playing time Moore received, I have to believe Bell will also be given a chance to start as a freshman and After the spring game you will see other players announcing their intentions to transfer. It's one thing to be 4-5th on the depth chart. But if you're a junior and you are 7th or higher, the writing is on the wall. Purdue doesn't really need 15 receivers.

Yeah, but if you are a junior and know you're not going to the NFL, you might play it out on special teams and get a degree from a really good university.

Yeah, but if you are a junior and know you're not going to the NFL, you might play it out on special teams and get a degree from a really good university.

it's possible. but if you're a sophomore and still have dreams, would you stick around? I find it amazing when talking about 2020 recruiting targets, we are drawing interest from more elite receivers.

Reactions: pboiler18
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT