ADVERTISEMENT

Catchings and Colvin both made final 18 for the U19 team USA

Kind of be surprised if he doesnt make it. He made the 3 on 3 team last year and did well.
My understanding is that the 3x3 team is a totally different deal in terms of the competition to make the team. Not saying he won't make it but I believe that it would widely be considered a surprise if he does.

Reactions: ChoiceBeef
My understanding is that the 3x3 team is a totally different deal in terms of the competition to make the team. Not saying he won't make it but I believe that it would widely be considered a surprise if he does.
"widely be considered a surprise" What? Why in the hell was he invited then, and why in the world would he ever make the first cut?

"widely be considered a surprise" What? Why in the hell was he invited then, and why in the world would he ever make the first cut?
Check out the roster of invites. Some of the most heralded recruits in the country across three recruiting classes were invited. Even if you believe Painter's view that Colvin is a top 25 type player in his class (versus his current ranking of 59th), making the cut to 18 was a huge coup for him and making the final 12 man roster would certainly open some eyes.

I'm not saying he doesn't deserve to be there or to make the final cut but based on his profile it would undoubtably be considered a major surprise for him to make the team.

Reactions: jtanoos1
Check out the roster of invites. Some of the most heralded recruits in the country across three recruiting classes were invited. Even if you believe Painter's view that Colvin is a top 25 type player in his class (versus his current ranking of 59th), making the cut to 18 was a huge coup for him and making the final 12 man roster would certainly open some eyes.

I'm not saying he doesn't deserve to be there or to make the final cut but based on his profile it would undoubtably be considered a major surprise for him to make the team.

There are 3 top 5 recruits for the 2024 class (all guards) in the now 14 left. Colvin is still on the roster, Catchings did not make the latest cut.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT