ADVERTISEMENT

Casey Bartley Illinois Game Article

fsmark

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2015
Casey Bartley's article is "Low class". Better articles are written by "good" writers while they are on the toilet using toilet paper. Using the 'f' word to express your point is sub-street standard and certainly not worthy of Purdue University or any of its programs, athletic or otherwise. Clean it up!

Casey Bartley's article is "Low class". Better articles are written by "good" writers while they are on the toilet using toilet paper. Using the 'f' word to express your point is sub-street standard and certainly not worthy of Purdue University or any of its programs, athletic or otherwise. Clean it up!
Why is this a thread

There are other sites if you don't like this one bud.

Reactions: DwaynePurvis00
In Casey’s defense, he rarely uses vulgar language in his articles, and only occasionally on his podcasts. As a long suffering fan myself, who really wants this team to get to the promised land, I absolutely get where he’s coming from - it was super awesome to see this team just take it to the Illini, be the aggressor and stake their claim to the title in emphatic fashion.
This is the grit and fight we’ve all been waiting to see- and by golly they delivered!

PS - I’m not a fan of frequent, daily, hourly usage of F bombs, but sometimes it is warranted. This is one of those times.

Just read the article and thoroughly enjoyed it.

He gave you a heads up vulgar words were going to be used.

We are adults. Don’t read it if you can’t handle the words.

The article is below low class. And also CB!!! No need to use f bombs. Probably read by kids. I’m sure if someone posted a thread with f bombs that the admins would remove the post and reprimand the poster.

The article is below low class. And also CB!!! No need to use f bombs. Probably read by kids. I’m sure if someone posted a thread with f bombs that the admins would remove the post and reprimand the poster.
I agree. No need at all to drop F bombs in a Purdue related basketball article. You can't do that in this forum, why the double standard?

Reactions: 22larry22
Oh no! What about the children?! They might read a curse word!

Did you time travel from the 50s?

I'll give him one thing, I only read it because people were howling about it on Twitter, so he got an extra click that he wouldn't have otherwise. I'm here only because the leftover free boards from GBI are still active. This was the only piece of content I have ever consumed from Boiler Upload, and while I thought it was pretty poor if they fancy themselves journalists, who cares? It's their site, they can write what they want.

Reactions: Professor Emeritus
I'll give him one thing, I only read it because people were howling about it on Twitter, so he got an extra click that he wouldn't have otherwise. I'm here only because the leftover free boards from GBI are still active. This was the only piece of content I have ever consumed from Boiler Upload, and while I thought it was pretty poor if they fancy themselves journalists, who cares? It's their site, they can write what they want.
Poor because it has a curse word?
Listen, this isn't the NYT or Washington Post. It's a sports message board.

I suppose they are journalists in the strictest sense but they aren't writing about abortion or super important issues. They are writing about basketball. And for that, I thought it was just fine.

Reactions: JeffBoiler
That he cursed upsets some people, I get that.
What he said (aside from the cursing) was spot on.
Maybe try focusing on that.

Poor because it has a curse word?
Listen, this isn't the NYT or Washington Post. It's a sports message board.

I suppose they are journalists in the strictest sense but they aren't writing about abortion or super important issues. They are writing about basketball. And for that, I thought it was just fine.
You're right. It would take much more than expletives to reach the depths of amateurism exhibited by the Times and the Post on a daily basis.

Reactions: BoilerAndy
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT