ADVERTISEMENT

Carson was Likely 1st Rounder Last Year?

buffboiler

True Freshman
Mar 4, 2002
Heard one of the commentator mentioned that one of the Pro scouts attending the Charleston Classic was surprised that Carson withdrew his name from the draft and coming back to Purdue this year. And that Carson would have been taken in the first round for sure.

That was sweet. Carson will be one of the hot draw for this year's draft!

Boiler Up!!

In no way is this a put down on Carsen. But I don’t believe the announcer. But I do believe Carsens game translates to the NBA though.

But he is going to be selected at the top to mid 2nd round. His height is gonna make him slip.

Last edited:
Remember. .
This year's freshmen class is loaded..
He's numbers will slip a tad ..When he goes against higher level athlete's in the Big Ten ..After watching Iowa tonight. That's a team kinda under the radar in the conference. .
Carson has some game though. And from the length of those three's.CMP has given him the green light to shoot as much as he'd like..

Remember. .
He's numbers will slip a tad ..When he goes against higher level athlete's in the Big Ten ..After watching Iowa tonight. That's a team kinda under the radar in the conference. .
Carson has some game though. And from the length of those three's.CMP has given him the green light to shoot as much as he'd like..
CARSEN. CARSEN. CARSEN. CARSEN. CARSEN. CARSEN.

JFC. LEArN tO SpELl

In correcting others, what is JFC supposed to mean? Hopefully, you are not using somebody's name in vain.

No he wasn't a likely first round pick, if he was he would of left he said it himself he was looking for at least turn of the first round into the second and he didn't get that feed back so he returned

The announcers in charleston were so ****ing stupid it is not funny

with gems like Carsens career high is 27 and talking about the illegal defense rules in the NBA that were repealed over a decade ago they were well below the average fan in level of insight

Seriously. Did anyone else catch them saying "Painter switching into a zone...momentarily, back to the man to man" Anyone who knows anything about Purdue knows we never play zone. There were a few others too...

Ok , maybe they got a few things wrong. Overall they were very positive about Purdue and Carsen . That's a good thing in my opinion.

Reactions: dumpsterFyre
Carsen almost seemed surprised by the comment during the post game interview.
I don’t believe that is what he was told. It was one scouts’ opinion, but it wasn’t coming from a GM, so I would take it with a grain of salt. That said, Carsen is so good at what he does well that I won’t be surprised if he is able to move into the first round.

Lottery pick. Much more range this year. Elite speed, quickness, court awareness, confidence. He is checking all the boxes. Guys his size do make it. I don’t think it is entirely too early to compare his game to Iverson or Curry. This is definitely his team this year. I’m going to sit back and enjoy the show!

Remember. .
Take your Romeo lovefest back to Boxtown.

Reactions: Yellowstone1004
I doubt he's a lottery pick. I believe he may be a first round pick this year

Ok , maybe they got a few things wrong. Overall they were very positive about Purdue and Carsen . That's a good thing in my opinion.
They were making so many annoying comments I kept threatening to turn off the audio. And their interpretation of the hook-and-hold rule finally caused me to do it.

But I agree that they were showing the Boilers some love.

Reactions: Fansince72
I 've only turned down the volume on two announcers in my life. The 1st one was Howard Cossel during the Holmes/ Tex Cobb fight. The other was dickie v multiple times
I liked the energy both brought in their earlier days, but they didn't know when to stop. Vitale became a cringe-worthy self-promoter and suck-up to the few elite coaches.

Reactions: Fansince72
Yea, me too. They were actually good announcers early. Cossel was good on Monday night football, Dickie became an Duke and UNC promoter. I think Duke had to ban him from the shower room.
liked the energy both brought in their earlier days, but they didn't know when to stop. Vitale became a cringe-worthy self-promoter and suck-up to the few elite coaches

Reactions: BoilerAndy
Yea, me too. They were actually good announcers early. Cossel was good on Monday night football, Dickie became an Duke and UNC promoter. I think Duke had to ban him from the shower room.

Cosell spanned many sports and was definitely a unique case.....much more bombastic than Vitale, but there are some parallels. Remember the old MNF Halftime Highlights?

Agree in many respects on Dick Vitale's announcing......If you go back to the early early first days when Vitale did games for ESPN (I think he used to do some of the Big Monday games with Mike Patrick), Vitale had some of the humorous demeanor....and it was informative and entertaining, IMO......even his voice was a little different to the point if you go back now, you might not recognize it at first. I used to really look forward to his game calls. Then he gradually morphed into Dukie V., a mere "shell" of his former announcing self.

"I really like Matt Painter and the Boilers.....but, I'm lookin for style.....for pizzazz, Paisan.....like Coach K, the AP-Soh-LOOt Best....the Maestro! They don't call me Dukie V for nothing, Baby!"

No he wasn't a likely first round pick, if he was he would of left he said it himself he was looking for at least turn of the first round into the second and he didn't get that feed back so he returned

with gems like Carsens career high is 27 and talking about the illegal defense rules in the NBA that were repealed over a decade ago they were well below the average fan in level of insight
He won’t be but time will show that he should have been.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT