ADVERTISEMENT

Carsen and Germany Game

CE on the front page for now.

http://www.fiba.basketball/

Looks VERY intense.

Other than his shooting (second highest scorer but 20% from 3 and 50% from the free,) a very solid game. 12 pts, 4 rebounds, 4 assists, 2 steals, and only 1 turnover in 17+ minutes!

Cline still has yet to even turn the ball over a single time so I'm not sure Carsen's improved numbers against Germany warrant him being given too much praise here...

but they do show a spiraling down trend from his first game of three turnovers. perhaps, in the future, if this trend continues, he'll have negative turnovers.

What is a negative turnover, you ask ? it's when you create more turnovers from your opponent than you create yourself via a steal or block. unfortunately, that "real" stat never shows up in a boxscore. I believe the total turnover stat when counting yours and the guy you are guarding is an even better stat than the TO /Assist ratio. or at least equally as important.

Think about it. a guy commits 1 turnover, but he has 2 steals and 1 block. you may have cost your team 2 points, but you've taken 6 points away from your opponent.

Reactions: boilerbusdriver
but they do show a spiraling down trend from his first game of three turnovers. perhaps, in the future, if this trend continues, he'll have negative turnovers.

What is a negative turnover, you ask ? it's when you create more turnovers from your opponent than you create yourself via a steal or block. unfortunately, that "real" stat never shows up in a boxscore. I believe the total turnover stat when counting yours and the guy you are guarding is an even better stat than the TO /Assist ratio. or at least equally as important.

Think about it. a guy commits 1 turnover, but he has 2 steals and 1 block. you may have cost your team 2 points, but you've taken 6 points away from your opponent.

As a reference point, Chris Kramer stands at a staggering -175 turnovers in his career at Purdue (total turnovers minus total blocks and steals).

Reactions: Frankie611
High praise from the announcers. "He's as good as anybody on the court"
CANADA scares me, the highlights I saw, they will match up very well. Will be a tough one.

Carsen was good today, really brought the energy, but he almost seemed too amped. The bench technical while total BS, was him and the Oregon guard who were the most demonstrative about the call on the court, it didn't seem like it was on the coaches.

This was a good game for a half, and I think CN game might go to the last few minutes. Definitely one worth watching. Really surprised its not on ESPNU or ESPN2 vs. just ESPN3

Reactions: nagemj02
CANADA scares me, the highlights I saw, they will match up very well. Will be a tough one.

Carsen was good today, really brought the energy, but he almost seemed too amped. The bench technical while total BS, was him and the Oregon guard who were the most demonstrative about the call on the court, it didn't seem like it was on the coaches.

This was a good game for a half, and I think CN game might go to the last few minutes. Definitely one worth watching. Really surprised its not on ESPNU or ESPN2 vs. just ESPN3

Sadly proven right. RJ Barrett is so good. No wonder he's #1 player in the 2018 class

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT