ADVERTISEMENT

Can we crack into the Top 25 this week?

KentuckyBoiler

All-American
Jul 6, 2011
It has been a while, since we were ranked during the regular season.

When was the last time we were ranked, 2007? With us now being 2-0, do we break into the Top 25 rankings this week?

It has been a while, since we were ranked during the regular season.

When was the last time we were ranked, 2007? With us now being 2-0, do we break into the Top 25 rankings this week?
I think we would have if we had turned our two opportunities to score inside the 5 into touchdowns to go up 45-10. I think the game ends much differently had we done that. With the way it played out I think we’ll move up in the “receiving votes” group

Not a chance. But more votes. A lot of lower ranked votes out there from Penn State, Memphis, Minnesota and Arkansas. Maybe a few more.

The score made it look like the game was closer than it was; although I did miss the 4th quarter. No way we crack the top 25 this week. I haven't been looking but is the Wisconsin game going to happen? I will say O'Connell is looking good imo! I like that kid!

The score made it look like the game was closer than it was; although I did miss the 4th quarter. No way we crack the top 25 this week. I haven't been looking but is the Wisconsin game going to happen? I will say O'Connell is looking good imo! I like that kid!
Alvarez says Wisconsin will decide whether next weeks game is played or not on Tuesday.

Reactions: Purdue0034
Uhm, the game was as close as it looked. Had Bell not made that catch, Illinois gets the ball back with a chance to tie or win the game. It was not a well played game by this team.

Trying to figure out why Boise St is ranked based on their play this year? They beat Air Force and Utah St. It appears Purdue's quality of wins are better.

Trying to figure out why Boise St is ranked based on their play this year? They beat Air Force and Utah St. It appears Purdue's quality of wins are better.
They’re ranked based on finishing 12-2, MW champs last year. We will find out if they are for real this week against BYU.

Reactions: DAG10
Hey, I knew it was probably a long shot this week, but I thought I would put it out there.

We didn't move up much in the AP poll this week, but we did move up more in the Coach's poll. If we take care of business, it is going to happen soon. People are starting to take notice of us again.

Reactions: purduepat1969
Pretty simple. They started the season with votes because they're a good program with decent expectations. They've moved up accordingly from there. We had few expectations and therefore zero preseason votes.

if you didn’t watch the last quarter, then you have no idea how close the game actually was.
Good gravy. I suppose it was, but last time I looked up it was 31 to 10 and up to that point was never concerned we would not win the game. I guess the 4th quarter was worse than I thought. Anyway, I do feel we should have beat Illinois by more than we did. A win is a win, but we have to do better if we want to get serious recognition in the polls.

Top 25 would have been a stretch, but I'm surprised you all didn't receive more votes, to be honest. I would have expected somewhere between 26-30.

But regardless of whether the Wisconsin game is played, there's not a game left on your schedule that isn't winnable. Wisconsin is probably the closest to it, but IF they even play, they're not going to be close to full strength.

Good gravy. I suppose it was, but last time I looked up it was 31 to 10 and up to that point was never concerned we would not win the game. I guess the 4th quarter was worse than I thought. Anyway, I do feel we should have beat Illinois by more than we did. A win is a win, but we have to do better if we want to get serious recognition in the polls.

The 4th quarter was bad

Reactions: purduepat1969
Honestly the only reason I care about polls is so that the coaches can have another recruiting pitch.

B10 wins are (almost) all I care about. Get those, and everything else will take care of itself.

Pretty simple. They started the season with votes because they're a good program with decent expectations. They've moved up accordingly from there. We had few expectations and therefore zero preseason votes.
BYU 55 Boise St 17. Won't be ranked now...

BYU 55 Boise St 17. Won't be ranked now...

Boise State has always been the biggest fraud program to me...

It’s not winning one game against Oregon state that’s your big signature until you make a top bowl...

It’s.. instead of playing Utah state the next week

You’re at northwestern and you’re getting hit in the mouth. And then the next week you go to happy valley for a white out.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT