ADVERTISEMENT

Can Purdue upset Florida State and Michigan this week?

Alan_GoldandBlack.com

All-American
Jun 18, 2003
West Lafayette
Become a member of GoldandBlack.com and talk about it with the most knowledgeable Purdue sports fans on the Internet. Become a member today.

PurdueSOCIALandCONTENT.jpg

Florida State will be easier that Michigan IMO. Nova just beat them and they had a rough night shooting. If they struggle scoring, Purdue should win.

Michigan will be interesting. They have looked like the best team in the Big. Purdue will need to play a really good game and would benefit from some Michigan mistakes. In the next five going 3-2 would show they are the real deal. That’s a real tough stretch. 4 or 5 wins would have me so hyped.

Let's be realistic here. I don't think we beat Michigan this game. I would love to be proven wrong. Our team last year had a tough time with this Michigan team, and it is roughly the same cast of characters, but we've lost our upper classmen while UM has gotten more mature. Simpson, who we really wanted, was a handful last year. I expect him to be better this year.

I just hope that after we lose, I see only the usual three posters talking about "athletes" or "zone", or "recruiting failures". It is nonsense. Having upper class good players is a cycle and we are on the low end of it this year. That said, I know all these guys want us to be a winning program, so some forbearance is needed.
:cool:

Let's be realistic here. I don't think we beat Michigan this game. I would love to be proven wrong. Our team last year had a tough time with this Michigan team, and it is roughly the same cast of characters, but we've lost our upper classmen while UM has gotten more mature. Simpson, who we really wanted, was a handful last year. I expect him to be better this year.

I just hope that after we lose, I see only the usual three posters talking about "athletes" or "zone", or "recruiting failures". It is nonsense. Having upper class good players is a cycle and we are on the low end of it this year. That said, I know all these guys want us to be a winning program, so some forbearance is needed.
...and that is not even counting IGNAS BRAZDEIKIS who looked very good the mintues I watched. Michigan should be tough!

Reactions: Boiler Buck

Michigan lost a lot too. MAR, Mo, and Robinson. They don’t have the same offensive punch. If Michigan doesn’t shoot it well and Purdue does, they can win. It will be a difficult road challenge, but not impossible.

Purdue brings back Carsen. Michigan added Brazdeikis, who seems to be a beast, and Mathews has looked real good. Michigan always seems to have their 7th or 8th man go off on Purdue, so it will be interesting to see who that guy is this year.

If Cline and Carsen have a good night shooting, Purdue can sneak away with a win. If Purdue gets in fouls trouble and turns it over they have no shot. Purdue’s bench will be critical as well.

Beating Michigan early would be a heck of a win and is probably the most important game in that five game stretch to have a chance at winning the Big.

That said, FSU should be the focus. Purdue is going to have to play very well to get a win. Can’t turn the ball over and get into early foul trouble.

Agree. I’m not completely sold on Michigan yet, but for us to win at their place this early in the year seems like a big ask.

Reactions: Roeder
Michigan will be really tough, but Wagner and MAR were horrific thorns in the side for Purdue. I mean, Wagner was for basically anyone, but MAR always played his best against Purdue. Michigan plays so well as a unit but they are fairly young. Maybe we can catch them off guard. Curious to see how our shooting does in a true road game for the first time.

is Mo Wagner gone? If yes, then that helps us.
The Mich game at Purdue last year was one of the best college games I've ever seen.

AGREED. That game was incredible. It honestly felt like an NBA game with the scoring on almost every single possession for both teams in the second half. That game was right up there for loudest I've heard Mackey and I've been fortunate to see more games there than I can ever count.

Reactions: nagemj02
We've got a chance to beat FStste and it would take a miracle to beat Mich. I'll go with -3 with Fl St and -13 with Mich.

Both games are winnable. Grady Eifert will put Purdue over the top with his hustle and being played a lot of minutes.

Defense will rule Michigan game. They play it we don't. Carsen can play it and doesn't he was our worst defender last year and so far this year.

Defense will rule Michigan game. They play it we don't. Carsen can play it and doesn't he was our worst defender last year and so far this year.

Carsen is our worst defender? Have you been watching the games? We also play decent defense. Yes , I will agree we quit playing sometimes, but we are not terrible.

Reactions: Ignacious McNutt
Florida State will be easier that Michigan IMO. Nova just beat them and they had a rough night shooting. If they struggle scoring, Purdue should win.

Michigan will be interesting. They have looked like the best team in the Big. Purdue will need to play a really good game and would benefit from some Michigan mistakes. In the next five going 3-2 would show they are the real deal. That’s a real tough stretch. 4 or 5 wins would have me so hyped.
How does the $99 in team gear work? Is it a pre-set package of items? Or like a gift card to the team store?

I signed up the other day. They are supposed to email me a gift card ,but I haven't received it yet.

Carsen is our worst defender? Have you been watching the games? We also play decent defense. Yes , I will agree we quit playing sometimes, but we are not terrible.
Painter does a great job of teaching defense but this team lacks some abilities. Carsen should be a lot better one on one defender , you need to pay attention and you will see he gets most of his steals double teaming others players. Still don't believe it go to a statistic web site his defense was the worst next to Evan B.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT