ADVERTISEMENT

Camp Starts Tomorrow

KentuckyBoiler

All-American
Jul 6, 2011
Camps starts tomorrow. I know there is a lot of questions with COVID, and it will affect this season obviously. However, I am excited for camp to finally be starting.

What are our top 3 questions we need to answer in camp?

In my opinion, here are our top 3 questions in no particular order:
1. Plummer, AOC, or Burton as our QB starter
2. How does the new defensive scheme work out for us
3. OL

Who will be the biggest surprises this year from last year's roster? Biggest surprises of the newcomers (true freshmen and transfers)?

Camps starts tomorrow. I know there is a lot of questions with COVID, and it will affect this season obviously. However, I am excited for camp to finally be starting.

3. OL

Who will be the biggest surprises this year from last year's roster? Biggest surprises of the newcomers (true freshmen and transfers)?
1. Plummer
2. Pieces are there, but probably start a little slow. Good in the long run.
3. Much improved and not a downfall to the team.

Reactions: boilerpt

3. OL

Looking for some starters to separate themselves at OLB and CB.

Looking for some starters to separate themselves at OLB and CB.
I was hoping Johnson's transfer waiver would have approved by now. I think he can help us at CB, even if it is to provide experienced depth at that position.

3. OL

1). Plummer
2). Can't be any worse than Holt's scheme.
3). OL has significantly more depth and better talent than last year. Depth alone will make it better.

Biggest surprise - how good the DL will be with Neal, Watts, and Karlaftis.

1). Plummer
2). Can't be any worse than Holt's scheme.
3). OL has significantly more depth and better talent than last year. Depth alone will make it better.

Biggest surprise - how good the DL will be with Neal, Watts, and Karlaftis.

I need to edit mine. The biggest surprise will be who the h@ll else opts out other than Rondale. He has to make the best choice for him. But I'm very disappointed...

Reactions: Bayou Boiler
Can a guy opt out and stay on schollie? I would assume so, but haven't heard of anyone. I don't think we have anyone else who would opt out for the NFL other than Neal, and he's got a ton to prove.

This deflates the start of camp a little bit. Just tell me that we are going to have Bell.
David Bell, Marcellus Moore, Ahmed Anderson, Maliq “ the Freak”Carr, Abdul Rahmaan Yaseen, plus some talented TE’s up and coming. While it is hard to replace a dynamo All-American, we’ll still have Quality Weapons.

Anyone else feel like they did when Carsen left?
I’m raising my hand. Would have love to see a few more of those dead leg high step fakes and blowing thru some missed tackles. Happy that we got to see him while we could, but understand the NFL big payday is setting a person up for life if you are a first rounder.

Reactions: ImRonBurgandy?
David Bell, Marcellus Moore, Ahmed Anderson, Maliq “ the Freak”Carr, Abdul Rahmaan Yaseen, plus some talented TE’s up and coming. While it is hard to replace a dynamo All-American, we’ll still have Quality Weapons.
If you go back in the archives of this board, I predicted the day Carr announced, he was coming to Purdue, that Carr would win us the 3rd consecutive BT Freshman of the Year. I still stand by that statement.

Anyone else feel like they did when Carsen left?

Not really the same. Carsen played 3 seasons, won multiple Big Ten Championships, went to 2 Sweet 16s and 1 Elite 8.

If Moore came back, it's not like Purdue was a favorite to win the Big Ten, go to a "BCS level" bowl, etc. - and because he's not playing we won't have that.

Yes, he's fun to watch as an individual and shot onto the scene with a terrific and exciting freshman year, but him playing or not is not going to be the difference between a dream season and an average one for our current team. (and thankfully, for once, we have some depth).

I'm not a big fan of the "leave to train in the NFL" mentality - we've mostly seen that with bowl games (I know what the arguments are). I don't have a lot of insight into his decision, but it seems mostly focused on NFL vs. concern for safety - maybe I'm wrong. Wish him the best!

Reactions: FLAG HUNTER
I'm not a big fan of the "leave to train in the NFL" mentality - we've mostly seen that with bowl games (I know what the arguments are). I don't have a lot of insight into his decision, but it seems mostly focused on NFL vs. concern for safety - maybe I'm wrong. Wish him the best!
I miss the days when playing college football was considered preparing for the NFL.

I miss the days when playing college football was considered preparing for the NFL.

His first NFL game will come almost 2 years since he last played in a football game. That's a while.

His individual case aside, I don't love the mindset. Hell, preseason NFL football is as worthless as it comes, yet starters play in those games just a couple weeks before the regular season.

I understand being careful - if you have a minor injury at the time of a bowl game, should you push yourself? Maybe not. But basically taking a whole year off before a draft...is a bit much.

Reactions: bananabucket
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT