ADVERTISEMENT

Caleb Furst

I wouldn't be surprised if any state school get's him...
Big dog's will come calling probably. If he has a decent summer..Duke. UK. UNC..etc..

Is anyone thought to be a leader for him? I’m anxious to see him in the state championship this Saturday.
He leads the state's highest scoring team and as a 1A school they had more wins (eight) against the Summit conference than the Summit Conference champs had (seven). That is the big school Fort Wayne conference.

Whatever he does....iu should not be an option......looking @ Romeo who prior to playing @ iu was slated in predrafts to go 3-5th.....now is slated around 14th.

If that holds.....Looking at the first 3 contract years.....it cost him about $7 million to play for iu and the coaching there(dropping from 5 to 14). Good players need to be aware of that....

Reactions: TX4GB
Whatever he does....iu should not be an option......looking @ Romeo who prior to playing @ iu was slated in predrafts to go 3-5th.....now is slated around 14th.

If that holds.....Looking at the first 3 contract years.....it cost him about $7 million to play for iu and the coaching there(dropping from 5 to 14). Good players need to be aware of that....
If I was a college coach known for development, I'd be pointing to that every.damn.time I recruited against IU. It's not anything against Archie personally...I wouldn't call him a bad person or having bad character, but you can call out bad coaching and decisions.

If I was a college coach known for development, I'd be pointing to that every.damn.time I recruited against IU. It's not anything against Archie personally...I wouldn't call him a bad person or having bad character, but you can call out bad coaching and decisions.
I would agree. I am sure that other coaches call out things on us.

Is anyone thought to be a leader for him? I’m anxious to see him in the state championship this Saturday.
He's a good player with potential, but BC has a good all around team. I would love to see him at Purdue because I think he could be developed into another great center for Purdue.

He's a good player with potential, but BC has a good all around team. I would love to see him at Purdue because I think he could be developed into another great center for Purdue.
Do you see him as a center or more of a mobile 4? Haven't read much into him yet.

If we get Carlson, which I’d be fine with because I think he’s an Ethan Happ with a Jumper, I’d be pretty pleased and could probably be a multiple year version of this Furst dude.

Look for Painter to whiff on these guys and replace them with a 3 star rated 200+ in their class. We will still win the B1G with these players, but I am no longer looking at recruiting, as Painter (the savior) himself said that recruiting rankings outside the top 20-25 are HOKUM

Reactions: mreeser
I watched him play in Regional. He has a great build for his size especially for a Soph. but he still moves very well and should be a very versatile college player. He had enough agility that he didn’t look clunky out there with short darting 1A players but will have plenty of strength to muscle around with bigger dudes.

Look for Painter to whiff on these guys and replace them with a 3 star rated 200+ in their class. We will still win the B1G with these players, but I am no longer looking at recruiting, as Painter (the savior) himself said that recruiting rankings outside the top 20-25 are HOKUM
I share your skepticism about finishing “Furst” in this particular recruiting battle, but how many players on the current squad were ranked 200+?

Yep, quite a difference in rankings...……...maybe that's why CMP doesn't put as weight on these "opinions"

Reactions: rjmpu82
I share your skepticism about finishing “Furst” in this particular recruiting battle, but how many players on the current squad were ranked 200+?
I joke around here about Painter all the time but his piece about not putting any stock in rankings is actually very true. Outside of the top 20 it’s all about the system, and he recruits our system very well. No idea how many were outside the top 200 because they’ve all been valuable since they got to campus

Yep, quite a difference in rankings...……...maybe that's why CMP doesn't put as weight on these "opinions"
Over the last 10 years, what's the average recruiting rank for the national championship game starters? Over the last 10 years, what is the average recruiting rank of our starters? I'm guessing you will see that the average starter on a national championship team was ranked significantly higher coming out of high school.

Over the last 10 years, what's the average recruiting rank for the national championship game starters? Over the last 10 years, what is the average recruiting rank of our starters? I'm guessing you will see that the average starter on a national championship team was ranked significantly higher coming out of high school.
Yes, that’s right because like CMP said the top 20 are clearly a cut above the rest. After that it’s system recruiting and character of the player. When programs like duke, UNC, Kansas, etc. have the name association AND are dropping the $$$ for players of course they are going to win. K, Self, Williams aren’t suddenly bad coaches just because they can drop the bag. They still recruit system guys just like CMP... however they also use name recognition and payments to lure top 20 talent. It isn’t hard to understand

Yes, that’s right because like CMP said the top 20 are clearly a cut above the rest. After that it’s system recruiting and character of the player. When programs like duke, UNC, Kansas, etc. have the name association AND are dropping the $$$ for players of course they are going to win. K, Self, Williams aren’t suddenly bad coaches just because they can drop the bag. They still recruit system guys just like CMP... however they also use name recognition and payments to lure top 20 talent. It isn’t hard to understand
The last 2 national championship games consisted of Villanova, Michigan, Gonzaga, and UNC. You really think we can't recruit like Nova, Michigan, and Gonzaga? We have in the past with the baby boilers.

Reactions: icewind7
The last 2 national championship games consisted of Villanova, Michigan, Gonzaga, and UNC. You really think we can't recruit like Nova, Michigan, and Gonzaga? We have in the past with the baby boilers.

I don't know the answer to your question.

However, Villanova's recruiting classes have been loaded with 4- and 5-star recruits.

They're a 6 seed.

I don't know how well they'll do in this year's tournament, BUT... if Painter had those classes and landed a 6 seed, the resident b*tchers would have his hide.

Gonzaga has their end of the market cornered. Quite frankly no, I don't think we can recruit like John Beilein and Jay Wright. Not a knock on Painter... he's probably a top 15 coach in America. Beilein and Wright are top 5

Reactions: Boiler Buck
Going back a ways huh? SMH

However, Villanova's recruiting classes have been loaded with 4- and 5-star recruits.

They're a 6 seed.

I don't know how well they'll do in this year's tournament, BUT... if Painter had those classes and landed a 6 seed, the resident b*tchers would have his hide.
They won the national championship last year...

Going back a ways huh? SMH
How far back you want to go? 10 years? In the last 10 championship games only one of them have featured two blue bloods (12 - UK and Kansas). They have featured the following teams as well though:

Butler (2X)
Uconn (2X)
Michigan (2X)
Wisconsin
MSU
Gonzaga
Louisville

The regular blue bloods are mixed in there as well, but there are a lot of schools that aren't blue bloods.

You said we could recruit with the likes of Nova Mich.and the Zags your example was the baby boilers that's what I meant going back a ways.Have we been able to recruit with those teams the last 5-7yrs. I don't think so but you may have a different opinion which is alright to. BOILER UP !!

Reactions: BoilerIron

You write like an IU fan. Just say’n.

Rankings? CMP says he wants this guy for his team. The only issue is.....does he get him or not? EOS.

They're a 6 seed.

If Purdue won 2 of the last 3 NCAA tournaments, won the regular season conference championship and conference tournament and got a 6th seed in the NCAAs- - all after losing 3 players early to the NBA---I dont think anyone would have Painter's hide..

Reactions: hoosierdog1
If Purdue won 2 of the last 3 NCAA tournaments, won the regular season conference championship and conference tournament and got a 6th seed in the NCAAs- - all after losing 3 players early to the NBA---I dont think anyone would have Painter's hide..
Alas, Painter's hide isn't had by us... but by the coaches who just go hog-wild on his cheeks as they spank his ass endlessly in tournament matchups. Painter's hide is no longer valuable, as it is bruised a dark black and blue at this point!

Furst will not play for any team in the State of Indiana. MSU, Duke, UNC, UK....and maybe OSU.
Maybe, maybe not...Ive had the opportunity to be around him on many occasions over the last 5 yrs or so for athletic related reasons..and heres what IS KNOWN:
CMP was first to offer and is HIGHLY regarded by family. He's been to multiple visits to PU and does not have "AAU type handlers..family is well grounded. To date: has made one other visit: to UM .Mentally is perfect fit for CMP and will play the 4 for who ever he plays for. His HS team is unbelievable for a 1A team because they have TWO D1 players! Obviously he's gonna get more hype and press, but if he were choosing TODAY would most likely be PU without question "I love how PU plays,Coach Painter and my family are now really close" ...quote from him couple months ago.

Maybe, maybe not...Ive had the opportunity to be around him on many occasions over the last 5 yrs or so for athletic related reasons..and heres what IS KNOWN:
CMP was first to offer and is HIGHLY regarded by family. He's been to multiple visits to PU and does not have "AAU type handlers..family is well grounded. To date: has made one other visit: to UM .Mentally is perfect fit for CMP and will play the 4 for who ever he plays for. His HS team is unbelievable for a 1A team because they have TWO D1 players! Obviously he's gonna get more hype and press, but if he were choosing TODAY would most likely be PU without question "I love how PU plays,Coach Painter and my family are now really close" ...quote from him couple months ago.
The advantage of his HS is they can recruit. I've coached against them over the years and they've had some very good teams in Baseball too. Here's a list of his visits....
https://247sports.com/Article/Analysis-Michigan-gets-a-great-one-in-the-2021-class-130301003/
4648300.png

Also, he is known not to take any AAU trips that his Mom won't or can't attend. Heard he wants to stay close. Keep on Mom and make her feel comfortable with us. I can remember when Jordan after the Minnesota game said CMP was going to offer him.

Reactions: todd brewster
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT