ADVERTISEMENT

CA Gov Newsom confused

He thought when he heard USC and UCLA “leaving” they were leaving California with everyone else 🤪

I moved to FL a year ago after 25 years/Silicon Valley. He and his cohort turned paradise into a cesspool.
When things get bad enough there will be a change in leadership (probably soon). I would be pretty upset if I were a California resident.

They need people to leave. It is overpopulated. Housing costs are obscene. Water is scarce.

California is a wonderful place if you are ultra high net worth. The State has one of the highest cost of living indices and is a poster child for income inequality. As much as I love California, the current path is not sustainable.

UCLA may not be able to spend $$$ being a state school in some states for travel bans. USC is a private school. Meanwhile, I am simply sitting back and enjoying the lawyers have a ball on this, the PGA Tour/LIV among other insane fights. Entertaining.

Last edited:
California is a wonderful place if you are ultra high net worth. The State has one of the highest cost of living indices and is a poster child for income inequality. As much as I love California, the current path is not sustainable.
I mean I’m not UHNW and I think living here is pretty wonderful. It’s pricey, but we are doing fine. Certainly not the same can be said for everyone, but not everyone needs to live here (or any particular place). It’s not like the problem is unique to CA, politics or otherwise.

I mean I’m not UHNW and I think living here is pretty wonderful. It’s pricey, but we are doing fine. Certainly not the same can be said for everyone, but not everyone needs to live here (or any particular place). It’s not like the problem is unique to CA, politics or otherwise.
10% of the country lives in this state. I would be happy if a couple million more left. There is a bad side to living anywhere.

Happy the OP has enjoyed his move. You couldn't pay me to live in Northern California or Florida. I have been in tech since the late 90's and find San Francisco unbearable. Really happy down south, though.

I’ve been in California with summers there more or less my entire life and the last three years off and on since coming to hawaii, and I completely understand worrying that ucla and usc are literally relocating away. Outside of extremely upper middle class areas, you’d be crazy to want to be in California. And if you think it’s bad now, hit me back in 2027.

Always get a kick out of the people who shit on California (even if they’ve never been there) vs the California residents taking extreme offense (even if they live in their own little bubble). Always entertaining gents.

Reactions: tkejones
Always get a kick out of the people who shit on California (even if they’ve never been there) vs the California residents taking extreme offense (even if they live in their own little bubble). Always entertaining gents.
I’ve been there. There is a lot to love about the state’s beauty, but not a lot to love about how they do things.

I started going to California in 1951, it was idyllic. Massive orange groves. Still pretty clean air and nice weather. As the years passed I went often enough to see changes. You could only see the mountains on rare days. The orange groves were disappearing and urban sprawl was highly visible. San Diego was no longer a retirement paradise for retired ex militany non coms. Traffic had become a nightmare. The population had been 10M in 1951 when I started going. By my last visit for the 1995 football game it was 31M. I have not been back in almost 30 years It is now about 40M.

Last edited:
Reactions: BoilerMadness
When things get bad enough there will be a change in leadership (probably soon). I would be pretty upset if I were a California resident.
What's amusing is that Newsom thinks his resume is strong enough to make a run at the Presidency in 2024. I guess surviving a recall is a real resume builder.

He's been advertising in Florida, telling us how much more freedom Californians enjoy, than Floridians. He's delusional and has no self awareness. A perfect Dem Presidential candidate.

UCLA may not be able to spend $$$ being a state school in some states for travel bans. USC is a private school. Meanwhile, I am simply sitting back and enjoying the lawyers have a ball on this, the PGA Tour/LIV among other insane fights. Entertaining.
I believe Newsom banned Montana for travel and then went to Montana on a trip shortly thereafter. His cover story was that it wasn't an Official trip, so it didn't count. I guess it must not have been an Official dinner in the French Laundry, when Cal was having an official lockdown. Apparently, laws & rules only apply to the little people in California...

Trading one sh—hole for another…
Says the guy, who's probably never been in either state.

I've lived in both states and they're both beautiful places to live. Unfortunately, California's WOKE politicians are destroying one of the most beautiful states in the Union.

Meanwhile, Florida has adults in charge and the state is thriving beautifully. We have about 1000 people a day moving to Florida and I can only hope they remember the reasons WHY they left the state they were previously in. Understand the policies that ruined the state you left and appreciate the policies of the state to which you're moving and why they work.

What's amusing is that Newsom thinks his resume is strong enough to make a run at the Presidency in 2024. I guess surviving a recall is a real resume builder.

He's been advertising in Florida, telling us how much more freedom Californians enjoy, than Floridians. He's delusional and has no self awareness. A perfect Dem Presidential candidate.
+1,000

I've lived in both states and they're both beautiful places to live. Unfortunately, California's WOKE politicians are destroying one of the most beautiful states in the Union.

Meanwhile, Florida has adults in charge and the state is thriving beautifully. We have about 1000 people a day moving to Florida and I can only hope they remember the reasons WHY they left the state they were previously in. Understand the policies that ruined the state you left and appreciate the policies of the state to which you're moving and why they work.
I live in FL.and I love it.No state income tax and reasonable property tax, beaches and plenty of sunshine.

I’ve been to California multiple times and love it but it has structural problems that no one has the balls to fix (homelessness, cost of living, housing costs, etc…).

And Florida, Florida is like an armpit 3/4’s of the year and has too many douchey people living there. Yeah a ton of people are moving there but wait until they realize just how crappy it is, how expensive it is, and how much the schools suck. My company benefits from those people moving there so I see it daily but you couldn’t pay me enough to move there. DeSantis going after one of his largest employers and one of the main drivers of tourism in the state was sort of the icing on the cake for me. Oh yeah I forgot the residents away from the coasts could give the people in the movie Deliverance a run for their money…

I’ve been to California multiple times and love it but it has structural problems that no one has the balls to fix (homelessness, cost of living, housing costs, etc…).

And Florida, Florida is like an armpit 3/4’s of the year and has too many douchey people living there. Yeah a ton of people are moving there but wait until they realize just how crappy it is, how expensive it is, and how much the schools suck. My company benefits from those people moving there so I see it daily but you couldn’t pay me enough to move there. DeSantis going after one of his largest employers and one of the main drivers of tourism in the state was sort of the icing on the cake for me. Oh yeah I forgot the residents away from the coasts could give the people in the movie Deliverance a run for their money…
How much time have you spent in inland California? Disney is only being dealt with by Florida because they have a major business enterprise, which enjoys tremendous benefits which were granted to Walt Disney ( Who would fire the whole kitten kaboodle of executives which have turned his company upside down) and their shortsighted leadership thought they could tell people in Florida how to live, but their Governor believes people should have the right to determine how they live. Expensive? you know nothing about living in Florida. The tourists pay the high sales tax thst supports the state’s services. They do not have state income tax and property taxes are quite low because that is not how they fund schools. Why did Disney end up in Florida? Because it had all those benefits and at the time allowed him to covertly purchase thousands of acres to build Disneyworld. Inland Florida offers the Villages with some 60,000 retirees with lots of money living in a massive residential complex. My property taxes on a $550K home in Destin were $3,200 a year. In Texas I Paid $15K a year on property taxes for my home of comparable value. The Texas house was 6,200 sq feet. The Florida house was 3,200 sq feet. What would the California taxes be?

DeSantis is going to be one heck of a president.

How much time have you spent in inland California? Disney is only being dealt with by Florida because they have a major business enterprise, which enjoys tremendous benefits which were granted to Walt Disney ( Who would fire the whole kitten kaboodle of executives which have turned his company upside down) and their shortsighted leadership thought they could tell people in Florida how to live, but their Governor believes people should have the right to determine how they live. Expensive? you know nothing about living in Florida. The tourists pay the high sales tax thst supports the state’s services. They do not have state income tax and property taxes are quite low because that is not how they fund schools. Why did Disney end up in Florida? Because it had all those benefits and at the time allowed him to covertly purchase thousands of acres to build Disneyworld. Inland Florida offers the Villages with some 60,000 retirees with lots of money living in a massive residential complex. My property taxes on a $550K home in Destin were $3,200 a year. In Texas I Paid $15K a year on property taxes for my home of comparable value. The Texas house was 6,200 sq feet. The Florida house was 3,200 sq feet. What would the California taxes be?
California property taxes are actually not that bad as they have a limit on increases of 2% a year from the baseline purchase. I bought my house at the bottom in 2011 and it has tripled in value with my property taxes increasing 20%. Now with income taxes get a really good trust attorney.

Reactions: BSIT
They need people to leave. It is overpopulated. Housing costs are obscene. Water is scarce.
We (wife and me) did our part and moved to an even bluer state (Hawaii) last year. The ironic thing is we vote primarily Republican but after each move we have lived in a red to a deeper shade of blue (Indiana, Michigan, California and now Hawaii) but our quality of life improved after each move. I wish Tulsi was still our Congresswomen

Last edited:
Reactions: Robinahood
I believe Newsom banned Montana for travel and then went to Montana on a trip shortly thereafter. His cover story was that it wasn't an Official trip, so it didn't count. I guess it must not have been an Official dinner in the French Laundry, when Cal was having an official lockdown. Apparently, laws & rules only apply to the little people in California...
Typically lefty lib dem.
if it weren't for double standards, they'd have not standards at all......

Reactions: Robinahood
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT