ADVERTISEMENT

Butch Jones fired at Tennessee

Not sure I understand why people think Tennessee is a program that's capable of luring a coach from another Power 5 school. Maybe they used to be a great program, but they're a dumpster fire at the moment. A middling program in the best conference, no thanks.

If Brohm was willing to ditch us after 1 year... good riddance.

I don’t think he’s that kind of guy but if he did jump, they deserve each other.

Reactions: 70boiler
If Brohm was willing to ditch us after 1 year... good riddance.

I don’t think he’s that kind of guy but if he did jump, they deserve each other.
I agree, I don't think he'll even listen to Tennessee et al. Brohm's a classy guy and I think he has too much integrity for that. Plus his buyout in Year One is $12 million, right?

I think CJB is here to build a long term program. Arguably the easiest division in all of P5. He can be a superstar here if he gets kids to come.

Reactions: chiboiler7
Not sure I understand why people think Tennessee is a program that's capable of luring a coach from another Power 5 school. Maybe they used to be a great program, but they're a dumpster fire at the moment. A middling program in the best conference, no thanks.
tenor.gif

Reactions: chiboiler7
Don’t forget Sumlin, even if he wins out he is on the Hot Seat too! UCLA? Illini may be one year too soon,

I don't understand the fear of losing Brohm. When was the last time a Purdue coach actually left Purdue for a better job ?

Lee Rose left but there were circumstances behind his departure as he went back to his roots.

Young left, but he didn't leave for a better or higher paying job.

A couple of women's basketball coaches left , but there were circumstances involved.

a bunch of assistants have left.

My memory is bad. What Purdue coach actually left Purdue to accept a better job? John Wooden?

I believe this fear of Brohm leaving is a waste of forum space.

I agree, I don't think he'll even listen to Tennessee et al. Brohm's a classy guy and I think he has too much integrity for that. Plus his buyout in Year One is $12 million, right?
Heck. That would pay off Hazel and we'd make a little to boot: )

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT