ADVERTISEMENT

Bucks

all i can say is wow.
thought they were down and out at 21-6.... 2 min left now, and theyre holding on by a td.

i know some dont like the blind cheering for any school just b/c of conference affiliation, but i disagree. the big ten has taken so much crap (some deservedly so), but its great to see these teams come back and do well today, especially vs. the sec.

After cheering for both Wisky and O$U, glad they both got victories, I made myself throwup.

Of the final four I find it hard to BE for anyone; maybe O$U because of BIG but it feels like backing nd or iu. fsu & tide no way. Oregon maybe except they have a lot of advantages with Phil Knight's money. Guess watch and enjoy with no real favorite.

At 21-6, they were definitely down, but not out. Statistics were showing OSU with a huge advantage despite the turnovers that let Bama get the lead. Kind of reminded me of a Purdue/Michigan game (Rose Bowl year) where we were down 21-10 or something like that in the first half but statistically we were right in it. Second half - we win on Dorsch's 2nd last minute FG.

OSU (as a team) seems to have the "charmed" season going right now. All the adversity they have faced this year in terms of QBs going down, and the death of a player, they seem to be destined to win it all. Ducks and Bucks should be a fun game to watch.

I can't believe that I haven't found any controversy on that no call on the obvious Alabama WR fumble in the fourth quarter. I think if OSU had lost that would have been a pivotal play, but the announcers just glossed right over it. That was one of 3 bad calls that could have sunk OSU. The others being the roughing the kicker small penalty and the mugging the OSU WR received while trying to catch a long pass that wasn't even given a second look by the ref. Fortunately they overcame and won. MSU played OU tough early in the year. Hopefully Meyer is looking at that game and has the athletes to go all 4 quarters.

Yesterday was a near perfect day of football for me. Loved seeing the B10 play well.

Agreed that OSU seems destined to win it all. They definitely have a chip on their shoulder and are really believing they can hang with anyone. I'm surprised the line is Oregon -7.

I believe OSU and Michigan can be top 5 every year. MSU, Wisconsin, PSU can be top 15 every year. And Nebraska and someone else will also be in the top 25. (I really believe in Franklin at PSU but not Nebraska - just not a big enough population base to keep a top program going.)

Somebody I always thought underperformed is Minnesota. They are a huge school in a big city and have no competition for recruits in the state. Maybe Kill can turn them into a perennial top 25 team.

The future of the B10 is looking great.

Originally posted by njm8845:
Yesterday was a near perfect day of football for me. Loved seeing the B10 play well.

Agreed that OSU seems destined to win it all. They definitely have a chip on their shoulder and are really believing they can hang with anyone. I'm surprised the line is Oregon -7.

I believe OSU and Michigan can be top 5 every year. MSU, Wisconsin, PSU can be top 15 every year. And Nebraska and someone else will also be in the top 25. (I really believe in Franklin at PSU but not Nebraska - just not a big enough population base to keep a top program going.)

Somebody I always thought underperformed is Minnesota. They are a huge school in a big city and have no competition for recruits in the state. Maybe Kill can turn them into a perennial top 25 team.

The future of the B10 is looking great.
Nebraska has never had a "big enough population" yet they have won national titles. Tradition and money help sell a program and Nebraska has plenty both....some of the best athletic facilities in the country. With the right coach, Nebraska can always make a comeback.

As for Minnesota....yes, big city and the only major university in the state but not enough recent success, historically, to draw in too many other top notch players and add to what they have (they do claim 7 national titles but those were a looooong time ago). Kill is having some success by getting the most out of the 2 and 3 star recruits he does get. Hopefully, for him and the program, the recent wins will translate into better recruiting...usually does.

Phila,
That play was whistled dead. They can't review. Roughing penalty was was a brush, he didn't cause physical danger to him. Kicker did some acting on the spin.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT