ADVERTISEMENT

BTN Classics in 60

I've been to many games in Mackey since my freshman year in 2007. Last years game against IU was the most raucous I've experienced.

Reactions: nagemj02
I've been to many games in Mackey since my freshman year in 2007. Last years game against IU was the most raucous I've experienced.
1992 when Purdue was an NIT team and IU was #2 in the country was insane. IU should have won by 30. Woody Austin, an inspired Craig Riley, a hustling Ian Stanback, and a skinny frosh capable of hitting clutch shots named Cuonzo Martin weren't going to let that happen. The place was deafening and Bill Raftery mentioned on the broadcast that it was louder than any arena he'd been in.

1992 when Purdue was an NIT team and IU was #2 in the country was insane. IU should have won by 30. Woody Austin, an inspired Craig Riley, a hustling Ian Stanback, and a skinny frosh capable of hitting clutch shots named Cuonzo Martin weren't going to let that happen. The place was deafening and Bill Raftery mentioned on the broadcast that it was louder than any arena he'd been in.
I was at the game. As I've said before on here, that game turned me from an IU fan to a Purdue fan. It was my freshman year and I had grown up fanatical for IU.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT