ADVERTISEMENT

Bryce Kirtz

Agreed, as long as it’s not IU or ND. He does show a IU offer along with Cincy and some MAC Schools. I’m sure Brohm is way ahead on this, since it is in that 3 hour radius of recruiting which he talked about.
Kids a 3*, I’m sure he is thrilled to visit OSU, that’s Big Time

Reactions: Indy_Rider
Agreed, as long as it’s not IU or ND. He does show a IU offer along with Cincy and some MAC Schools. I’m sure Brohm is way ahead on this, since it is in that 3 hour radius of recruiting which he talked about.
Kids a 3*, I’m sure he is thrilled to visit OSU, that’s Big Time
for a big game too.

Reactions: boilerbusdriver
2019 WR from Brownsburg. Is visiting OSU this weekend. He’s a four star with lots of good offers. Gotta keep the best talent in state.

1. if my info is correct, it's an unofficial to OSU
2. he's a 3-star (right now), not a 4-star (although he could become a 4)
3. he has good speed, but I'm not sure it's that elite speed we so desperately need.

With all that said, prior comments in this thread are right, keep the local talent at Purdue.

I think it comes down to IU or Purdue.

3. he has good speed, but I'm not sure it's that elite speed we so desperately need.

With all that said, prior comments in this thread are right, keep the local talent at Purdue.

I follow Wiltfong and he’s got him as a four star. That’s why I put him on there. Also Chris Daniels, John Standeford and Taylor Stubblefield has average speed. But all three were unbelievable WRs. Having elite speed doesn’t make you a great WR.

Purdue's best WR's have never had anything more than good speed. John Standeford, Taylor Stubblefield, and Brian Alford would never run past anyone. What they did possess was great attention to detail on routes and an in-depth knowledge of the offense to be able to do things at full speed every single time. The same could be said about Jerry Rice....he could only run about a 4.6....but he ran a 4.6 in the first quarter and in the fourth quarter.

Purdue's best WR's have never had anything more than good speed. John Standeford, Taylor Stubblefield, and Brian Alford would never run past anyone. What they did possess was great attention to detail on routes and an in-depth knowledge of the offense to be able to do things at full speed every single time. The same could be said about Jerry Rice....he could only run about a 4.6....but he ran a 4.6 in the first quarter and in the fourth quarter.

Nobody said he HAD to have breakaway speed. If you would re-read my post you would see your argument is in search of a point.

With that said, the biggest problem with our passing game right now is that we don't have receivers that have that speed and can create the separation necessary. (Yes, and I know the two are not the same.)

Besides, is this the point where I shut down conversation with some trite/inane statement that Kirtz is no Standeford, or Stubblefield, or (heh heh!) JERRY RICE?!

All TIC, of course . . .

I follow Wiltfong and he’s got him as a four star. That’s why I put him on there. Also Chris Daniels, John Standeford and Taylor Stubblefield has average speed. But all three were unbelievable WRs. Having elite speed doesn’t make you a great WR.
But having an elite QB might....

When did Purdue consistently win without an elite qb? Not necessarily hall of fame but game managers have never been enough here.

Nobody said he HAD to have breakaway speed. If you would re-read my post you would see your argument is in search of a point.

With that said, the biggest problem with our passing game right now is that we don't have receivers that have that speed and can create the separation necessary. (Yes, and I know the two are not the same.)

Besides, is this the point where I shut down conversation with some trite/inane statement that Kirtz is no Standeford, or Stubblefield, or (heh heh!) JERRY RICE?!

All TIC, of course . . .
I understood your post but what I was saying is that you don't need breakaway speed to get separation at the line of scrimmage and to be effective. You can't tell me Alford or Stubblefield had breakaway speed...what they had was incredibly crisp and defined routes, an ability to get in and out of cuts, and physicality to break the press coverage....of which it appears almost none of our WR's currently have that ability.

I understood your post but what I was saying is that you don't need breakaway speed to get separation at the line of scrimmage and to be effective. You can't tell me Alford or Stubblefield had breakaway speed...what they had was incredibly crisp and defined routes, an ability to get in and out of cuts, and physicality to break the press coverage....of which it appears almost none of our WR's currently have that ability.

All that's a given, except the physicality part.

Neither Standeford had height, but with neither he nor Stubblefield would it be accurate to use the word "physicality" . . . !

Tiller once told me what Stubblefield's 40 dash time was 4.7. And he told me Anthony Chambers was slower than Stubblefield.

Reactions: JohnnyDoeBoiler
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT