ADVERTISEMENT

Brohm

Dec 2, 2012
Question: What we have isn’t and hasn’t been working. My question is this. Is Brohm too tough or not tough enough in your opinion. This team overall doesn’t give a damn. You can see it in how they carry themselves and play. Thoughts?

Reactions: Mjhpsh and DAG10
Question: What we have isn’t and hasn’t been working. My question is this. Is Brohm too tough or not tough enough in your opinion. This team overall doesn’t give a damn. You can see it in how they carry themselves and play. Thoughts?

This is not a team that reminds me of the 05 tiller team at all.. where you had commentators on this site saying we needed more players like Dan bick. This is a team with a terrible defensive scheme ..

I hope you’re right but it looks much more “internal” to me.

Well one thing I will say is this.. when you go from 2 star guys who are just happy to be there and you start getting guys everyone wanted.. they act like guys everyone wanted .. even if everyone wouldn’t want them if recruiting started over after each year ..

And it would be great if you could stay with only two stars and oh would you look at that.. a few of them become a star, but you can’t. That 2018 season without one guy, rondale moore, is an unmitigated train wreck that Would have had us wishing for this season lol

Internal all the way.
Why I don't know. It's often because don't feel that they are treated fairly, but many of the players body language says " we sure as heck ain't happy ".

Reactions: DAG10 and Heiner
I have always enjoyed being the underdog a little and taking those guys that work hard and are excited to be Boilers. When we start recruiting “shoe guys” as DD calls them then we are in trouble. Not that we don’t need a few but not a team full. I just want the kids to be proud to be Boilermakers and play with that pride.

Had a great conversation with Coach Keady shortly after the Luther Clay debacle several years ago. He literally said he was done chasing the big brass ring. If it comes, it comes. His team goals were getting good character kids who wanted to work hard. Winning B1G conference championships came first. Call me old school but I still love that theory.

I have always enjoyed being the underdog a little and taking those guys that work hard and are excited to be Boilers. When we start recruiting “shoe guys” as DD calls them then we are in trouble. Not that we don’t need a few but not a team full. I just want the kids to be proud to be Boilermakers and play with that pride.

Then that’s no rondale moore. And good f-ing luck recruiting after the 2018 season that Would have been without him. I mean come on man.. northwestern gets plenty of high three stars that are buy in guys. It’s not that hard. Iowa does too.

I just think you avoid the guys where it looks like the word is out to pass on them to be fine.

Jared sparks and amad Anderson aren’t shoe guys.

Milton wright is. You want to lose guys like him? Milton hardly had the rep of a George or David bell as a guy who was gonna come in and master the finer points of the game right away... but he will probably give us two Very nice seasons

Reactions: purduepat1969
Had a great conversation with Coach Keady shortly after the Luther Clay debacle several years ago. He literally said he was done chasing the big brass ring. If it comes, it comes. His team goals were getting good character kids who wanted to work hard. Winning B1G conference championships came first. Call me old school but I still love that theory.
I loved Keady. Got the absolute most out of what he had. But what you've just stated is why he never made it to a Final Four. Part of being a great coach is managing the egos.

Internal all the way.
Why I don't know. It's often because don't feel that they are treated fairly, but many of the players body language says " we sure as heck ain't happy ".
I completely agree. I think some of these opt outs may help fix some of that. Based on Brohm’s comments he felt that some weren’t buying in. I believe he spoke with some of these guys and told them buy in or opt out. Don’t want guys happy about not playing , but can’t have Dudes not buying in and showing a coach up. Sometimes it’s addition by subtraction. Not saying I wouldn’t want those dudes back , but to opt out now with all the protection /treatments they have here from COVID says something of their maturity , or lack there of.

He is over his head. Just like Hope and Hazell. Over his head.

Reactions: Boiler8285
Agreed. No one outside of your school cares who wins conference championships.
That’s exactly the difference between old school and new school. Fans my age and older, I just turned 59, are the last of the radio generation. I don’t give two shits about national voters or Clemson. I know I’m a dinosaur but I’m much more interested in watching and caring about the B1G.

Reactions: Inspector100
That’s exactly the difference between old school and new school. Fans my age and older, I just turned 59, are the last of the radio generation. I don’t give two shits about national voters or Clemson. I know I’m a dinosaur but I’m much more interested in watching and caring about the B1G.
I am 68 and think like you do_Only one team can win a national title so winning your conference championship should be something to be proud of.Is there anybody on this board that would rather see a BIG team other than Purdue win the league title?The Boilermakers twenty four basketball titles are something I am very happy about. Boiler up!

Reactions: SKYDOG and Heiner
This has been an odd year. We are a few plays away from being a 1 loss team or even still undefeated. On the other hand it also shows that we don't have the juice that other teams do to win in the later stages of a game.
I can see the changes starting though, We are bringing in a dual threat QB in this years class which will give us more options to extend plays. The Diaco hire was a train wreck. We never have the athletes to run a proper 3-4. I think we are stuck with him for one more year. If you develop a reputation for firing coordinators you won't get a good one in the future.
There have been some terrible play calls and that's directly on Brohm. I still think he's the guy here though. I think people forget the absolute train wreck that Purdue was before he arrived. He must show results ASAP though. You can tell that people are beginning to sour on him now. You must find ways to grind out wins in close games.
That's the difference between us being where we are today vs being ranked. To get there if that means getting rid of guys who haven't bought in then so be in.

Reactions: SKYDOG
This has been an odd year. We are a few plays away from being a 1 loss team or even still undefeated. On the other hand it also shows that we don't have the juice that other teams do to win in the later stages of a game.
I can see the changes starting though, We are bringing in a dual threat QB in this years class which will give us more options to extend plays. The Diaco hire was a train wreck. We never have the athletes to run a proper 3-4. I think we are stuck with him for one more year. If you develop a reputation for firing coordinators you won't get a good one in the future.
There have been some terrible play calls and that's directly on Brohm. I still think he's the guy here though. I think people forget the absolute train wreck that Purdue was before he arrived. He must show results ASAP though. You can tell that people are beginning to sour on him now. You must find ways to grind out wins in close games.
That's the difference between us being where we are today vs being ranked. To get there if that means getting rid of guys who haven't bought in then so be in.
Who is the stud dual threat QB. Enlighten me.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT