ADVERTISEMENT

Brohm reportedly seeking Auburn interview.nm.

Yes, it was widely rumored that he wanted the Indiana job...Indiana's commitment to football makes it much, much more attractive than it ever was before.

Doesn’t mean it’s more attractive than Purdue.

Not CFP, nobody is suggesting that. But they were screwed out of the NY6 (3 loss Iowa State doesn't belong anywhere near the top 15 let alone top 10) and then screwed out of the Citrus Bowl against a worthy opponent (Auburn) as the second best team in the B10. Jobbed.

That's what you get for playing in the weak ass, East division.

• Haha
Reactions: Victorbmyboy
On what planet was Northwestern better than Indiana this year? They certainly weren't by any ranking, poll, or analytic measure. The West division leader lost to the WORST team in the East, the team Indiana blanked. Next.
This planet and that is the only one that matters. They actually beat a team with a winning record.

Just face it, everyone knows that IU sucks and just deal with it.

Reactions: JRowdy20
This planet and that is the only one that matters. They actually beat a team with a winning record.

Well they aren't better and beating a team with a winning record doesn't justify that mean. They lost to the worst team in the East and had a losing record against the B10 East. So much for superiority.

Of course you would say that since Allen has never done it. So apparently it is a lot harder than you are leading on.

Just accept you IU sucks, beat absolutely no one and move on.

IU is a good team, light years better than Purdue at this stage, who got jobbed by the CFP committee and the B10.

But I don’t think Tom Allen would have it any other way and I wouldn’t want to be playing a pissed off Indiana on Jan 2.

• Sad
Reactions: Inspector100
IU is a good team, light years better than Purdue at this stage, who got jobbed by the CFP committee and the B10.

But I don’t think Tom Allen would have it any other way and I wouldn’t want to be playing a pissed off Indiana on Jan 2.

Sure they are, that's why they have never beaten a team with a winning record.

Good teams always lose to teams that are .500 or above and it has nothing to do with how badly IU sucks.

He wants out of Purdue. With Indiana running wide open throttle and gaining momentum, he wants to slip out the backdoor....
If Auburn knows anything about hiring football coaches and actually view "Indiana running wide open throttle and gaining momentum" and Allen being much cheaper than the 6 million dollar man at Purdue...where does the assumed logic fall apart if Allen is not listed? Obviously, it can't be the price...

Reactions: Purdue85
If Auburn knows anything about hiring football coaches and actually view "Indiana running wide open throttle and gaining momentum" and Allen being much cheaper than the 6 million dollar man at Purdue...where does the assumed logic fall apart if Allen is not listed? Obviously, it can't be the price...

Not sure what Brohm's buyout is, but I'd be between $23-27 million just to get Allen to leave IU. It'd have to be a significant raise for Allen to even consider Auburn $5-6mil/yr range.

But agree, Auburn isn't entertaining Brohm unless he want's a significant pay decrease.

Not sure what Brohm's buyout is, but I'd be between $23-27 million just to get Allen to leave IU. It'd have to be a significant raise for Allen to even consider Auburn $5-6mil/yr range.

But agree, Auburn isn't entertaining Brohm unless he want's a significant pay decrease.
My text had little to do with Brohm. It was about Allen and Auburn based upon "Indiana running wide open throttle and gaining momentum, he (Brohm) wants to slip out the backdoor.... " and knowing Allen is cheaper. If the view of "Indiana running wide open throttle and gaining momentum" was actually held by Auburn it would only make sense for Auburn to look towards Allen rather than Brohm knowing he would be cheaper.

So, if there is no (I don't know that there isn't at this time) interest in Allen fully aware that his price tag would be much lower than other coaches, then I must conclude that Auburn does not share the view of "Indiana running wide open throttle and gaining momentum" and then that view if true could be debated as to whether Auburn knows anything about hiring football coaches or not.

Then some could find compatibility between Auburn knowing football (if Allen is not an interest) and the bowl arrangement lowering the opinion of IU football this year as could some find compatibility between Auburn not knowing football and the bowl committee also not knowing football.

Not CFP, nobody is suggesting that. But they were screwed out of the NY6 (3 loss Iowa State doesn't belong anywhere near the top 15 let alone top 10) and then screwed out of the Citrus Bowl against a worthy opponent (Auburn) as the second best team in the B10. Jobbed.
It is strange that IU got moved down the pecking order so far. When Purdue played Auburn, Purdue actually moved UP in the pecking order and then proceeded to get slaughtered in the Liberty Bowl to now-fired Gus Malzahn. IU did deserve better - but it might be a blessing in disguise. Ole Miss doesn’t play much defense.

Reactions: SKYDOG
There's two players that started that were actually on the team when Wilson coach:

Jerome Johnson and Mac Nworah as RS Sr's but as redshirts sat out while Wilson coached.

There's three players who committed while Wilson was the coach but were freshman in Allen's first year:

Peyton Hendershot (RS Jr), Caleb Jones (RS Jr), and Harry Crider (SR).

Everyone else on the team that plays was recruited by Tom Allen. Even Seniors Phylior, Fryfogel, and Ziemba were signing day flips in Allen's initial first year. Allen was hired less than 24 hours after Brohm.

All in all, IU starts 5 seniors. Three of the five were recruited by Tom Allen. The rest are third year players that are either Juniors or RS sophomores mixed in with a couple of sophomores and redshirt freshmen.

The excuse is tiresome. Nobody from the bowl teams Allen inherited are even on the roster anymore, let alone play, and with the exception of Johnson and Nworah (who redshirted Wilson's last year) and Allen is winning with the guys he recruited. Allen and Brohm have been recruiting from the same time period.
I’m far from a Brohm apologist, But Tom Allen didn’t have the two star trash from a prior coach either over the last couple of years. The last two recruiting cycles with Hazel were filled with MAC level talent whereas IU had a decent amount of 3 star talent and some 4 stars sprinkled in from the prior coaching staff. Years 5 and 6 will define Coach Brohm and whether he stays or goes.

I’m far from a Brohm apologist, But Tom Allen didn’t have the two star trash from a prior coach either over the last couple of years. The last two recruiting cycles with Hazel were filled with MAC level talent whereas IU had a decent amount of 3 star talent and some 4 stars sprinkled in from the prior coaching staff. Years 5 and 6 will define Coach Brohm and whether he stays or goes.

Stop using facts.

• Haha
Reactions: Purdue85
Well they aren't better and beating a team with a winning record doesn't justify that mean. They lost to the worst team in the East and had a losing record against the B10 East. So much for superiority.
Honest question. Why does iu deserve a new year 6 over NU? What did iu do? They were good, but im not sure how good. No good wins. No bad losses. NU had a good win and a bad loss. Iu got lucky osu took their foot off the pedal a few times.

Jobbed by the big ten? In what world did the 2nd best East team deserve to play in the championship?

I’ve posted I was wrong many times! Yanni publicly said he wanted to go to Michigan before their linebacker coach left! UW got a commitment from a minn linebacker 2 weeks before the signing day which brought their total of outside linebacker recruits to 4. There was no way UW was going to sign 5 outside linebackers in one class. So it was easy to eliminate UW from the list. There were rumors the west coast teams were no longer interested! It’s obvious Purdue desperately wanted Yanni! It’s also very obvious Yanni was not like his brother and did not commit early and try to help recruit other elite athletes to come to Purdue.
There’s really only one person who knows where Yanni really wanted to go and that’s Yanni! And that has been my point all along! I have issues with posters that claim it was a given that Yanni would be coming to Purdue! My issues are not with Purdue. I don’t hate Purdue! I hate people who claim they know everything when in reality they don’t know any more than I do.

I have to believe this was a hard decision for Yanni to make, much like the one for Brohm to decide to stay! Neither choice was a given.
I’m not always down on Purdue or Brohm. It’s just certain posters only rad half of my posts and don’t take the team to research or read my posts from previous years! I’m a lot more critical of Purdue fans on this board than the Purdue football team! It’s become rather obvious many of you speak without much prior thought or research or critical analysis or inductive reasoning! Those are things I learned at Purdue and the military . To look for the things that are not obvious and to speculate and make conclusions using indirect evidence!

I never claimed to follow IU football or basketball. So Allen was at IU as an assistant coach before becoming a head coach? I guess that would mean he is the guy who recruited those players and not Wilson? So he is the guy who filled his own cupboard? You people claiming IU had good players to start with are basically complementing Allen’s recruiting ability!

I also believe Yanni is smart enough not to let out his true feelings. Did Aaron Rodgers really want to be a Packer? Packers fans love him and would be very upset if he ever voiced his true feelings! Do you understand what I’m saying? Did you ever want a job but they hired somebody else and you took the next best job you could find that still wanted you?
You are WRONG again. Yanni NEVER said he wanted to go to Michigan publicly. I believe that coach you are referring to went to OSU. I will try to be as blunt as possible so that you may actually understand this time. Yanni didn’t pick Purdue because that’s all he had left. He chose Purdue , because That’s where he wanted to be. Yanni could of gone to pretty much any school in the nation if he wanted. He is that good!! You nor I , or anyone else knows when he committed to Purdue either. It’s not uncommon for players to commit to schools privately then make a public announcement. You do very little research on anything you post so quit lecturing everyone else as you continue to post made up info. Just by doing a little Wikipedia research you could of seen that Allen was at IU for a full year longer than Brohm. 😂

Reactions: SDBoiler1

Allen didn’t inherit a single 4* player. All but 4 players contributing to this years team were recruited by Tom Allen. Allen has done significantly better with his recruits than Wilson’s recruits as is evident by the last two years. Allen has been at Indiana for one day shorter than Brohm at Purdue. The excuses are nauseating, he’s been there 4 years.

Last edited:

Just stop... every single AP voter, the CFP committee, and every single coach except Pat Fitzgerald disagrees with you. You are embarrassing yourself if you are so obsessed with a college sports fandom that you cannot live in reality.

Last edited:
Everyone except for every single AP voter, the CFP committee, and every coach except for one (can you guess who? His name rhymes with Fat Ditz

Just stop... every single AP voter, the CFP committee, and every single coach except Pat Fitzgerald disagrees with you. You are embarrassing yourself if you are so obsessed with a college sports fandom that you cannot live in reality.

Not to mention every single analytic measure from Sagarin to S&P to FPI to Strength of Record and Strength of SOS agrees that Indiana is better than Northwestern. IU was jobbed.

• Sad
Not to mention every single analytic measure from Sagarin to S&P to FPI to Strength of Record and Strength of SOS agrees that Indiana is better than Northwestern. IU was jobbed.
You are right. I congratulate iu on having a winning season where Purdue isn't considered their best win.

When was the last time iu beat a conference team with a winning record?

• Haha
Reactions: Indy_Rider

Check your DM if you have a second.

Excuses aren't facts no matter how much you want them to be.

Not sure why it’s so difficult for some IU fans to admit that Brohm’s task was significantly different than Allen’s. Brohm didn’t have the luxury of playing young guys from Day 1. He had a crappy recruiting class put together at the last second after the end of the worst 4-year stretch we’ve ever had. He added a significant number of grad transfers/JUCO guys to fill holes that were substantial. Without that talent infusion, we don’t make/win a bowl game, rejuvenate the program, and see significant success in recruiting. Allen started from a much higher floor and didn’t inherit recruiting classes that were MAC-quality at best. The last two years were a combination of extremely bad luck on the injury front and Covid issues this year. Diaco was a disaster no doubt and that’s on Brohm. The only thing similar about Brohm and Allen is they were hired a day apart from one another. The comparisons stop there.

Not sure why it’s so difficult for some IU fans to admit that Brohm’s task was significantly different than Allen’s. Brohm didn’t have the luxury of playing young guys from Day 1. He had a crappy recruiting class put together at the last second after the end of the worst 4-year stretch we’ve ever had. He added a significant number of grad transfers/JUCO guys to fill holes that were substantial. Without that talent infusion, we don’t make/win a bowl game, rejuvenate the program, and see significant success in recruiting. Allen started from a much higher floor and didn’t inherit recruiting classes that were MAC-quality at best. The last two years were a combination of extremely bad luck on the injury front and Covid issues this year. Diaco was a disaster no doubt and that’s on Brohm. The only thing similar about Brohm and Allen is they were hired a day apart from one another. The comparisons stop there.

No IU fan is denying that Brohm inherited a tougher situation. BUT THAT WAS 4 YEARS AGO. IU is a much better program today than it was 4 years ago. And while the same can be said for Purdue, IU has passed Purdue. Brohm and Allen have been recruiting at their respective schools for the same amount of time. Allen has several 3 and 4 year players that HE recruited that are contributing now. Why does Brohm get that pass? Some of Allen's best players are kids he got to flip on signing day a few weeks after taking the job. I'd be inclined to agree with you if Allen was winning with predominantly Wilson-era recruits, but he's not. Your excuses aren't validated.

No IU fan is denying that Brohm inherited a tougher situation. BUT THAT WAS 4 YEARS AGO. IU is a much better program today than it was 4 years ago. And while the same can be said for Purdue, IU has passed Purdue. Brohm and Allen have been recruiting at their respective schools for the same amount of time. Allen has several 3 and 4 year players that HE recruited that are contributing now. Why does Brohm get that pass? Some of Allen's best players are kids he got to flip on signing day a few weeks after taking the job. I'd be inclined to agree with you if Allen was winning with predominantly Wilson-era recruits, but he's not. Your excuses aren't validated.
It also doesn’t change the fact that Brohm is 2-1 vs Allen head-to-head. Even last season, Purdue was ravaged with injuries to All-BIG or All-American caliber players - DT Lorenzo Neal, LB Markus Bailey, WR Rondale Moore, QB Elijah Sindelar, plus a couple of OL players - yet Purdue took IU to double OT (losing 44-41) and had FR WR Milton Wright made a seemingly easy catch at the end of regulation Purdue would have had ~42 yard FG for the win, conceivably making Brohm 3-0 vs Allen.

Reactions: SKYDOG
It also doesn’t change the fact that Brohm is 2-1 vs Allen head-to-head. Even last season, Purdue was ravaged with injuries to All-BIG or All-American caliber players - DT Lorenzo Neal, LB Markus Bailey, WR Rondale Moore, QB Elijah Sindelar, plus a couple of OL players - yet Purdue took IU to double OT (losing 44-41) and had FR WR Milton Wright made a seemingly easy catch at the end of regulation Purdue would have had ~42 yard FG for the win, conceivably making Brohm 3-0 vs Allen.

My goodness, these people are so desperate for their program to be validated. I've seen some of the absolute DUMBEST arguments from them, ON THE FLIPPIN' PURDUE FORUM.

They simply cannot stand it if you don't agree with them.

Brohm may be 2-1 against Allen (this years game was never played) but irrelevant to the fact that IU's program is night and day better than Purdue's. IU's ranked in the top 10 for crying out loud and just had 7 players named to the 1st and 2nd all-conference team with all but 1 set to return next year. I never thought I'd see the day where Purdue stakes claim to a moral victory over IU in football. Congratulations.

My goodness, these people are so desperate for their program to be validated. I've seen some of the absolute DUMBEST arguments from them, ON THE FLIPPIN' PURDUE FORUM.

They simply cannot stand it if you don't agree with them.
I want to like Coach Geez and his passion and fortitude in pulling for IU, but it has gotten increasingly pathetic that he continues to haunt our boards day and night. It’s like he is completely obsessed with Purdue and the validation from its fans.

IU has had a historically-good year, no doubt. They still haven’t beaten a P5 team with a winning record under Allen, including this year. PSU and Michigan had very poor seasons by their standards. Wisky had a sub-par season by their standards.

Brohm may be 2-1 against Allen (this years game was never played) but irrelevant to the fact that IU's program is night and day better than Purdue's. IU's ranked in the top 10 for crying out loud and just had 7 players named to the 1st and 2nd all-conference team with all but 1 set to return next year. I never thought I'd see the day where Purdue stakes claim to a moral victory over IU in football. Congratulations.
31-24 and 28-21 aren’t moral victories. Those were actual wins.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT