ADVERTISEMENT

Britt looking like an Iowa commit

Not very impressed by the linemen that have commited so far. Hopefully he does the right thing and commits to Purdue.

Recruit rankings are imperfect, and if they disagree with Purdue's coaching staff, I think the coaches opinion would be the one I trusted. None of these lineman will play until at least 2 more years, probably more. Plenty of time for them to develop.

Reactions: boilerbusdriver
Not very impressed by the linemen that have commited so far. Hopefully he does the right thing and commits to Purdue.
How many wins did experts predict we would have last year? 4.

Where did they rank our OL last year? Last in the B1G.

Lines are built. They are developed. They are not plug and play. It's not like it's January and we are panicking to fill a class 2 weeks before signing day. These commitments are deliberate - no reason to accept them this early unless the staff see something they really liked. Trust the process Trust Brohm.

Whether I like the current linemen committed to Purdue or not, I noticed they all seemed to be tall - 6'5 or above. Given a year, they could be huge.

If they were good why did no other Big Ten teams offer?

Monnot was offered by Illinois and they wanted him bad. Monnot and Holstege impressed the coaching staff and earned their offers. Cam Craig is just huge. I like all three, but I think Craig projects more as a DT or possibly a guard. Dude is unstoppable once he gets moving.

I think Holstege and Monnot will be very good and fit what CJB wants to do. He got to try them out and liked what he saw. Britt, Boateng, Price, and Jornigan are the other big names Purdue is after. Purdue has gotten a lot of miles out of players not offered by other Big teams and I trust CJB a lot more than past regimes.

Whether I like the current linemen committed to Purdue or not, I noticed they all seemed to be tall - 6'5 or above. Given a year, they could be huge.
Just hope they have speed and IQ. There's a lot of big lineman out there.

Reactions: ChuckJr
Also Iowa and MN could have been imminent offers for monnot. And the players had not played their senior season yet. If they make a big step in the right direction Brohm could have some steals here. This is the recruiting time of year where scouting makes a big difference.

You never know with OLinemen, they may have a very good Senior season in HS, which could lead to a bump in ratings, Brohm like his guys athletic as stated before, then put on the muscle weight, while maintaining whatever quickness they have. Again like somebody mentioned, we won’t see these guys for prolly 3 years, till they step on the field, we will be fine

Reactions: SKYDOG
Also Iowa and MN could have been imminent offers for monnot. And the players had not played their senior season yet. If they make a big step in the right direction Brohm could have some steals here. This is the recruiting time of year where scouting makes a big difference.

I feel more confident about the offers after Brohm and staff all had live eyes on them and liked them enough to offer on the spot

I feel more confident about the offers after Brohm and staff all had live eyes on them and liked them enough to offer on the spot

and Britt was one of those linemen as well.. The lone difference is that he did not commit on the spot. He had other offers he's checking out before making a decision. and to his credit, he didn't commit to Iowa on the spot either. he's taking it all in before making a decision.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT