ADVERTISEMENT

Bowl Guess?

ghostoffatjack

Sophomore
Jun 15, 2013
I have my hopes on one since we are going to be there this Christmas. Anyone out there that can unscramble the B1G Bowl tie-in’s once the CFP committee figures out their four? Where do you think Purdue will land?

I have my hopes on one since we are going to be there this Christmas. Anyone out there that can unscramble the B1G Bowl tie-in’s once the CFP committee figures out their four? Where do you think Purdue will land?

No one in the Big Ten should be in the playoff. And with no upsets yesterday, I don't see championship games negatively hurting any Alabama or Clemson.

So you have Alabama, Clemson and Notre Dame locked in.

I think UGA has to beat Alabama to get in - if they ended up being the 4th team, they'd just go play Alabama again which seems silly.

If UGA loses and Oklahoma beats Texas, I think Oklahoma's in.

If UGA and Oklahoma both lose, I think that's the only way Ohio State could sneak in as long as they beat Northwestern.

My guess is Purdue ends up in Pinstripe if Ohio State gets in, or Quick Lane (Detroit) if they don't.

No one in the Big Ten should be in the playoff. And with no upsets yesterday, I don't see championship games negatively hurting any Alabama or Clemson.

I think UGA has to beat Alabama to get in - if they ended up being the 4th team, they'd just go play Alabama again which seems silly.

If UGA and Oklahoma both lose, I think that's the only way Ohio State could sneak in as long as they beat Northwestern.

My guess is Purdue ends up in Pinstripe if Ohio State gets in, or Quick Lane (Detroit) if they don't.
If UGA beats Alabama and gets in as the 4th team, Clemson would probably move up to #1 and play them.
Agree with the rest.

IMO the CFP System is stacked against Big Five Conference teams that play 9 conference games vs the ones that only play 8. For example the SEC would have 8 more losses lowering all the Strength of schedule AND RPI ratings. Secondly if an Independent is in the top Four BEFORE the Conference Championship Weekend they would be required to play the highest ranked Group of Five team. That group would need to do is move up their Championship Game 1 week. Standardizing on 8 Conference games would all allow this to happen and make it a fair and balanced CFP System!

Reactions: ChuckJr

I think you're going to see every effort to get OSU in that top 4, assuming they handle NU like they should. That beat-down of #4 Meatchicken was downright impressive, and lots of people noticed that. It almost erases the national sting of the Purdue beatdown of OSU weeks ago.

Jerry Palm predicts Pinstripe. If you have to play in a cold weather bowl, NYC is at least a great place to visit with lots to do. Beats the hell out of Detroit.

Reactions: goboilers2
IMO the CFP System is stacked against Big Five Conference teams that play 9 conference games vs the ones that only play 8. For example the SEC would have 8 more losses lowering all the Strength of schedule AND RPI ratings. Secondly if an Independent is in the top Four BEFORE the Conference Championship Weekend they would be required to play the highest ranked Group of Five team. That group would need to do is move up their Championship Game 1 week. Standardizing on 8 Conference games would all allow this to happen and make it a fair and balanced CFP System!

I like your idea of having an undefeated independent play the top group of 5 for a "conference championship" game. That would give teams like UCF a chance. If they were to beat ND, then they would deserve a spot IMO.

What is the pecking order for Big Ten and ACC tie ins? For example, Pinstripe was the one mentioned after our game. Is that like Big Ten #6 vs ACC #6 or something along those lines. Also, what is the order that teams are most likely to be picked from each conference? I think Purdue vs FSU or Miami in New York would be great, but I think there will be some manipulation to make sure Florida teams don’t have to go north.

Reactions: Boilermaker24
I like your idea of having an undefeated independent play the top group of 5 for a "conference championship" game. That would give teams like UCF a chance. If they were to beat ND, then they would deserve a spot IMO.

In theory, yes, I like it too, but ND is never going to agree to that, and nobody in the "cartel" is going to hold their feet to the fire. I agree that if Georgia wins the SEC championship game, both Georgia and Alabama will be in like last year. If Alabama wins, I'm not sold that it would be Oklahoma (and that's assuming they beat Texas, which is basically a pick em in my book). Ohio State probably has the better resume despite the "worse" loss. More often than not, they've gotten the benefit of the doubt. Let the arguments/debate begin. That's what they wanted.

And I think Purdue is in the Pinstripe Bowl as well.

What is the pecking order for Big Ten and ACC tie ins? For example, Pinstripe was the one mentioned after our game. Is that like Big Ten #6 vs ACC #6 or something along those lines. Also, what is the order that teams are most likely to be picked from each conference? I think Purdue vs FSU or Miami in New York would be great, but I think there will be some manipulation to make sure Florida teams don’t have to go north.

Pinstripe is first tier for ACC.

Big Ten Bowl Ties, Affiliations
A Big Ten team will be in the Rose Bowl – it’ll be the champion if not in the College Football Playoff. There can’t be a Big Ten team this year in the Sugar Bowl.

College Football Playoff Semifinal: If Selected

1. Rose Bowl vs. Pac-12

2. Citrus Bowl vs. ACC or SEC
– Agreement for Citrus is for five different teams in six years, so no Minnesota or Michigan, if possible.

3. Outback Bowl vs. SEC
– Agreement is for five different teams in six years, so no Iowa, Wisconsin, Michigan or Northwestern, if possible.

4. San Diego Country Credit Union Holiday Bowl vs. Pac-12
– Agreement is for five different teams in six years, so no Minnesota, Nebraska, Wisconsin or Michigan State, if possible.

5. TaxSlayer Bowl vs. SEC OR
Franklin American Mortgage Music City Bowl vs. SEC

– ACC and Big Ten combine in the Music City and TaxSlayer, with each getting three appearances in six years. The Big Ten played in TaxSlayer in 2015 and the Music City in 2016 and 2017. It’s almost certainly going to be in the TaxSlayer, but no Penn State or Iowa, if possible.

New Era Pinstripe Bowl vs. ACC
– It’s not official, but the bowl would prefer to have eight different teams in eight years, so no Iowa, Northwestern, Penn State or Indiana, if possible.

ACC Bowl Ties, Affiliations
Notre Dame is eligible for any ACC bowl tie-in as long as it’s within one game of the team eligible for the slot.

Again, normally the top available ACC team goes to the Orange Bowl, but there’s no direct tie-in this year since it’s a College Football Playoff semifinal.

1. College Football Playoff Semifinal: If Selected
2. Camping World Bowl vs. Big 12

First Tier

– Citrus Bowl (if top possible team is higher-ranked than SEC or Big Ten team)vs. SEC or Big Ten
– Belk Bowl vs. SEC
– Hyundai Sun Bowl vs. Pac-12
– New Era Pinstripe Bowl vs. Big Ten
– Franklin American Mortgage Music City vs. SEC OR
– TaxSlayer Bowl vs. SEC

– ACC and Big Ten combine in the Music City and TaxSlayer, with each getting three appearances in six years. The ACC played in the Music City in 2015 and the TaxSlayer in 2016 and 2017. It’s almost certainly going to be in the Music City, but can still play in the TaxSlayer.

Second Tier

– Walk-On’s Independence Bowl vs. SEC
– Military Bowl vs. American Athletic
– Quick Lane Bowl vs. Big Ten
– St. Petersburg BowlConditional if American Athletic or Conference USA can’t fill the spot.
– Birmingham Bowl
Conditional if American Athletic or SEC can’t fill the spot.

Courtesy of collegefootballnews.com:

2018-2019 College Football Playoff & New Year’s Six Bowl Ties, Affiliations

– The top four teams ranked by the College Football Playoff selection committee will be slotted in the semifinals: Cotton Bowl and Orange Bowl, both on December 29th, 2018.

– The two winners to play in the College Football Playoff National Championship in Santa Clara, CA – the Bay Area, according to the College Football Playoff – on January 7th, 2019.

– The highest-ranked conference champion from the American Athletic, Conference USA, MAC, Mountain West and Sun Belt will automatically get one spot in either the College Football Playoff, Chick-fil-A Peach Bowl or PlayStation Fiesta Bowl.

– The Rose Bowl will be the Big Ten vs. Pac-12 no matter what. The champion of each league goes here if not in the College Football Playoff.

– The Sugar Bowl will be the SEC vs. Big 12 no matter what. The champion of each league goes here if not in the College Football Playoff.

– There are no set assigned conferences for the PlayStation Fiesta or Chick-fil-A Peach Bowls. There is no direct ACC tie-in to the Orange Bowl, since it’s a College Football Playoff semifinal.

2018-2019 Bowl Projections

American Athletic Bowl Ties, Affiliations
Highest-ranked champion from the AAC, C-USA, MAC, MW & Sun Belt will play in a New Year’s Six bowl.

The American Athletic Conference doesn’t have a true pecking order. The bowl matchups are based on best possible games and geography.

– Armed Forces Bowl vs. Big 12
– Birmingham Bowl vs. SEC
– Cheribundi Tart Cherry Bowl vs. Conference USA
– Cure Bowl vs. Sun Belt
– Frisco Bowl vs. At-Large
– Gasparillia Bowl vs. Conference USA
– Military Bowl vs. ACC

The American Athletic has secondary partnerships with the AutoZone Liberty and Walk-On’s Independence, to fill if the main affiliations can’t fill their slots.

Notre Dame is eligible for any ACC bowl tie-in as long as it’s within one game of the team eligible for the slot.

Again, normally the top available ACC team goes to the Orange Bowl, but there’s no direct tie-in this year since it’s a College Football Playoff semifinal.

First Tier

– Citrus Bowl (if top possible team is higher-ranked than SEC or Big Ten team)vs. SEC or Big Ten
– Belk Bowl vs. SEC
– TaxSlayer Bowl vs. SEC

– ACC and Big Ten combine in the Music City and TaxSlayer, with each getting three appearances in six years. The ACC played in the Music City in 2015 and the TaxSlayer in 2016 and 2017. It’s almost certainly going to be in the Music City, but can still play in the TaxSlayer.

Second Tier

– St. Petersburg BowlConditional if American Athletic or Conference USA can’t fill the spot.
– Birmingham Bowl

A Big Ten team will be in the Rose Bowl – it’ll be the champion if not in the College Football Playoff. There can’t be a Big Ten team this year in the Sugar Bowl.

1. Rose Bowl vs. Pac-12

– Agreement for Citrus is for five different teams in six years, so no Minnesota or Michigan, if possible.

3. Outback Bowl vs. SEC
– Agreement is for five different teams in six years, so no Iowa, Wisconsin, Michigan or Northwestern, if possible.

– Agreement is for five different teams in six years, so no Minnesota, Nebraska, Wisconsin or Michigan State, if possible.

– ACC and Big Ten combine in the Music City and TaxSlayer, with each getting three appearances in six years. The Big Ten played in TaxSlayer in 2015 and the Music City in 2016 and 2017. It’s almost certainly going to be in the TaxSlayer, but no Penn State or Iowa, if possible.

– It’s not official, but the bowl would prefer to have eight different teams in eight years, so no Iowa, Northwestern, Penn State or Indiana, if possible.

San Francisco Bowl vs. Pac-12
– Agreement is for five different teams in six years, so no Purdue, Indiana, Maryland or Nebraska, if possible.

Quick Lane Bowl vs. ACC

SERVPRO First Responders Bowl vs. C-USA
– Agreement for three SERVPRO First Responders and three Armed Forces bowls in six years. The Big Ten hasn’t been in the bowl since 2014. The Big 12 is contracted to play in the SERVPRO First Responders in 2019.

2018-2019 College Football Playoff, New Year's Six, Bowl Schedule & Matchups
Big 12 Bowl Ties, Affiliations
A Big 12 team will be in the Sugar Bowl vs. the SEC – it’ll be the champion if not in the College Football Playoff. There can’t be a Big 12 team this year in the Rose Bowl.

1. Sugar Bowl vs. SEC
2. Valero Alamo Bowl vs. Pac-12
3. Camping World Bowl vs. ACC
4. Texas Bowl vs. SEC
5. AutoZone Liberty Bowl vs. SEC
6. Cheez-It Bowl vs. Pac-12
7. Armed Forces Bowl vs. American Athletic

Conference USA Bowl Ties, Affiliations
Highest-ranked champion from the AAC, C-USA, MAC, MW & Sun Belt will play in a New Year’s Six bowl.

No set order for Conference USA bowls. Champion will choose which bowl it wants to attend.

– Bad Boy Mowers Gasparilla vs. American Athletic
– Bahamas Bowl vs. MAC
– Cheribundi Tart Cherry Bowl vs. American Athletic
– Gildan New Mexico Bowl vs. Mountain West
– Hawai’i Bowl vs. Mountain West
– R&L Carriers New Orleans Bowl vs. Sun Belt
– SERVPRO First Responders Bowl vs. Big Ten

Secondary Agreements
– Walk-On’s Independence Bowl
Conditional if ACC or SEC can’t fill a spot.

– DXL Frisco Bowl
Conditional if American Athletic or MAC can’t fill a spot.

Independent Bowl Ties, Affiliations
– Army, New Mexico State, and UMass don’t have direct bowl ties or affiliations.

– BYU was supposed to be tied into the Poinsettia Bowl this year, but that no longer exists. However, it has a deal with ESPN to be assured a bowl slot somewhere if eligible and not in the College Football Playoff.

– Liberty is a provisional team and isn’t eligible to go to a bowl game.

– Notre Dame can take one of the ACC’s bowl spots – if it’s not in the College Football Playoff – but it must be within one overall win over the available ACC team with the best overall record.

MAC Bowl Ties, Affiliations

The MAC doesn’t have a true pecking order. The bowls matchups are based on best possible games and geography.

– Bahamas Bowl vs. Conference USA
– Dollar General Bowl vs. Sun Belt
– Famous Idaho Potato Bowl vs. Mountain West
– Raycom Media Camellia Bowl vs. Sun Belt

– Quick Lane Bowl
Conditional if ACC or Big Ten can’t fill a spot.

Mountain West Bowl Ties, Affiliations

The Mountain West doesn’t have a true pecking order after the Las Vegas. The bowl matchups are based on best possible games and geography.

1. Las Vegas vs. Pac-12

– Famous Idaho Potato Bowl vs. MAC
– Gildan New Mexico Bowl vs. Conference USA
– Hawai’i Bowl vs. Conference USA
– NOVA Home Loans Arizona Bowl vs. Sun Belt
– Cheez-It Bowl
Conditional if bowl can’t fill a spot.

Pac-12 Bowl Ties, Affiliations
A Pac-12 team will be in the Rose Bowl – it’ll be the champion if not in the College Football Playoff. There can’t be a Pac-12 team this year in the Sugar Bowl.

1. Rose Bowl vs. Big Ten
Valero Alamo Bowl vs. Big 12
3. San Diego County Credit Union Holiday Bowl vs. Big Ten
4. San Francisco Bowl vs. Big Ten
5. Hyundai Sun Bowl vs. ACC
6. Las Vegas Bowl vs. Mountain West
7. Cheez-It Bowl vs. Big 12

SEC Bowl Ties, Affiliations
An SEC team will be in the Sugar Bowl vs. the Big 12 – it’ll be the champion if not in the College Football Playoff. There can’t be an SEC team this year in the Rose Bowl.

1. Sugar Bowl vs. Big 12
2. Buffalo Wild Wings Citrus Bowl vs. Big Ten or ACC

The SEC will assign teams to the respective bowls in this pool.

– AutoZone Liberty Bowl vs. Big 12
– Belk Bowl vs. ACC
– Franklin American Mortgage Music City Bowl vs. ACC or Big Ten (most likely the ACC)
– Outback Bowl vs. Big Ten
– TaxSlayer Bowl vs. ACC or Big Ten (most likely the Big Ten)
– Texas Bowl vs. Big 12

Second Tier

– Birmingham Bowl vs. American Athletic
– Walk-On’s Independence Bowl vs. ACC

Sun Belt Bowl Ties, Affiliations

The Sun Belt doesn’t have a true pecking order after the champion goes to the New Orleans Bowl. The bowl matchups are based on best possible games and geography. New member, Coastal Carolina, will not be eligible for a bowl game.

1. R&L Carriers New Orleans Bowl vs. Mountain West

– Dollar General Bowl vs. MAC
– Raycom Media Camellia Bowl vs. MAC
– AutoNation Cure Bowl vs. American Athletic
– NOVA Home Loans Arizona Bowl vs. Mountain West

Reactions: Dandelion1972
There seems like a very remote chance we can be in the Outback Bowl if OSU makes the playoffs and PSU ends up in Citrus. The remaining better teams (northwestern, Michigan, Wisconsin, Iowa) would double up on Outback which would be their one time cash in which does not seem likely since they would be painted in a corner next year. Probably would be MSU or the Big Ten will do what it can to plug PSU there. Sure seems like it will be Detroit or NYC.

Reactions: GA Gold

In theory, yes, I like it too, but ND is never going to agree to that, and nobody in the "cartel" is going to hold their feet to the fire. I agree that if Georgia wins the SEC championship game, both Georgia and Alabama will be in like last year. If Alabama wins, I'm not sold that it would be Oklahoma (and that's assuming they beat Texas, which is basically a pick em in my book). Ohio State probably has the better resume despite the "worse" loss. More often than not, they've gotten the benefit of the doubt. Let the arguments/debate begin. That's what they wanted.

And I think Purdue is in the Pinstripe Bowl as well.

They don’t have to agree if the majority of the Big 5 says it’s so they can either join or sit out. Way past time that ND continues to get special treatment, the CFP system does not need them, they need the system!

Reactions: lemann
They don’t have to agree if the majority of the Big 5 says it’s so they can either join or sit out. Way past time that ND continues to get special treatment, the CFP system does not need them, they need the system!

I don't necessarily disagree with you, Jack, but the next time that happens will be the first.

The last two times they played in the Final Four they has their behinds handed to them...I think with the exception of the ACC maybe, the rest don’t need them and would vote that way!

I think you're going to see every effort to get OSU in that top 4, assuming they handle NU like they should. That beat-down of #4 Meatchicken was downright impressive, and lots of people noticed that. It almost erases the national sting of the Purdue beatdown of OSU weeks ago.

Your answer assumes Michigan was a legit top 5 team. Just my opinion, the Big Ten is not good this year. Don't forget that Ohio State lost big to Purdue (not a great team), barely won against Nebraska at home (terrible team), and needed overtime to beat Maryland.

Your answer assumes Michigan was a legit top 5 team. Just my opinion, the Big Ten is not good this year. Don't forget that Ohio State lost big to Purdue (not a great team), barely won against Nebraska at home (terrible team), and needed overtime to beat Maryland.

and a Maryland QB mis-fire on a game-clinching two-pt conversion. I do agree that overall, the Big Ten has been disappointing so far. So has the Big XII and the Pac 12.

Pinstripe is first tier for ACC.

1. Rose Bowl vs. Pac-12

3. Outback Bowl vs. SEC

First Tier

– Belk Bowl vs. SEC
– TaxSlayer Bowl vs. SEC

Second Tier

– Birmingham Bowl

Courtesy of collegefootballnews.com:

2018-2019 College Football Playoff & New Year’s Six Bowl Ties, Affiliations

– The top four teams ranked by the College Football Playoff selection committee will be slotted in the semifinals: Cotton Bowl and Orange Bowl, both on December 29th, 2018.

– The two winners to play in the College Football Playoff National Championship in Santa Clara, CA – the Bay Area, according to the College Football Playoff – on January 7th, 2019.

– The highest-ranked conference champion from the American Athletic, Conference USA, MAC, Mountain West and Sun Belt will automatically get one spot in either the College Football Playoff, Chick-fil-A Peach Bowl or PlayStation Fiesta Bowl.

– The Rose Bowl will be the Big Ten vs. Pac-12 no matter what. The champion of each league goes here if not in the College Football Playoff.

– The Sugar Bowl will be the SEC vs. Big 12 no matter what. The champion of each league goes here if not in the College Football Playoff.

– There are no set assigned conferences for the PlayStation Fiesta or Chick-fil-A Peach Bowls. There is no direct ACC tie-in to the Orange Bowl, since it’s a College Football Playoff semifinal.

2018-2019 Bowl Projections

American Athletic Bowl Ties, Affiliations

The American Athletic Conference doesn’t have a true pecking order. The bowl matchups are based on best possible games and geography.

– Armed Forces Bowl vs. Big 12
– Birmingham Bowl vs. SEC
– Cheribundi Tart Cherry Bowl vs. Conference USA
– Cure Bowl vs. Sun Belt
– Frisco Bowl vs. At-Large
– Gasparillia Bowl vs. Conference USA
– Military Bowl vs. ACC

The American Athletic has secondary partnerships with the AutoZone Liberty and Walk-On’s Independence, to fill if the main affiliations can’t fill their slots.

First Tier

– Belk Bowl vs. SEC
– TaxSlayer Bowl vs. SEC

Second Tier

– Birmingham Bowl

1. Rose Bowl vs. Pac-12

3. Outback Bowl vs. SEC

San Francisco Bowl vs. Pac-12
– Agreement is for five different teams in six years, so no Purdue, Indiana, Maryland or Nebraska, if possible.

Quick Lane Bowl vs. ACC

SERVPRO First Responders Bowl vs. C-USA
– Agreement for three SERVPRO First Responders and three Armed Forces bowls in six years. The Big Ten hasn’t been in the bowl since 2014. The Big 12 is contracted to play in the SERVPRO First Responders in 2019.

2018-2019 College Football Playoff, New Year's Six, Bowl Schedule & Matchups
Big 12 Bowl Ties, Affiliations
A Big 12 team will be in the Sugar Bowl vs. the SEC – it’ll be the champion if not in the College Football Playoff. There can’t be a Big 12 team this year in the Rose Bowl.

1. Sugar Bowl vs. SEC
2. Valero Alamo Bowl vs. Pac-12
3. Camping World Bowl vs. ACC
4. Texas Bowl vs. SEC
5. AutoZone Liberty Bowl vs. SEC
6. Cheez-It Bowl vs. Pac-12
7. Armed Forces Bowl vs. American Athletic

Conference USA Bowl Ties, Affiliations

No set order for Conference USA bowls. Champion will choose which bowl it wants to attend.

– Bad Boy Mowers Gasparilla vs. American Athletic
– Bahamas Bowl vs. MAC
– Cheribundi Tart Cherry Bowl vs. American Athletic
– Gildan New Mexico Bowl vs. Mountain West
– Hawai’i Bowl vs. Mountain West
– R&L Carriers New Orleans Bowl vs. Sun Belt
– SERVPRO First Responders Bowl vs. Big Ten

Secondary Agreements
– Walk-On’s Independence Bowl
Conditional if ACC or SEC can’t fill a spot.

– DXL Frisco Bowl
Conditional if American Athletic or MAC can’t fill a spot.

Independent Bowl Ties, Affiliations
– Army, New Mexico State, and UMass don’t have direct bowl ties or affiliations.

– BYU was supposed to be tied into the Poinsettia Bowl this year, but that no longer exists. However, it has a deal with ESPN to be assured a bowl slot somewhere if eligible and not in the College Football Playoff.

– Liberty is a provisional team and isn’t eligible to go to a bowl game.

– Notre Dame can take one of the ACC’s bowl spots – if it’s not in the College Football Playoff – but it must be within one overall win over the available ACC team with the best overall record.

MAC Bowl Ties, Affiliations

The MAC doesn’t have a true pecking order. The bowls matchups are based on best possible games and geography.

– Bahamas Bowl vs. Conference USA
– Dollar General Bowl vs. Sun Belt
– Famous Idaho Potato Bowl vs. Mountain West
– Raycom Media Camellia Bowl vs. Sun Belt

– Quick Lane Bowl
Conditional if ACC or Big Ten can’t fill a spot.

Mountain West Bowl Ties, Affiliations

The Mountain West doesn’t have a true pecking order after the Las Vegas. The bowl matchups are based on best possible games and geography.

1. Las Vegas vs. Pac-12

– Famous Idaho Potato Bowl vs. MAC
– Gildan New Mexico Bowl vs. Conference USA
– Hawai’i Bowl vs. Conference USA
– NOVA Home Loans Arizona Bowl vs. Sun Belt
– Cheez-It Bowl
Conditional if bowl can’t fill a spot.

Pac-12 Bowl Ties, Affiliations
A Pac-12 team will be in the Rose Bowl – it’ll be the champion if not in the College Football Playoff. There can’t be a Pac-12 team this year in the Sugar Bowl.

1. Rose Bowl vs. Big Ten
Valero Alamo Bowl vs. Big 12
3. San Diego County Credit Union Holiday Bowl vs. Big Ten
4. San Francisco Bowl vs. Big Ten
5. Hyundai Sun Bowl vs. ACC
6. Las Vegas Bowl vs. Mountain West
7. Cheez-It Bowl vs. Big 12

SEC Bowl Ties, Affiliations
An SEC team will be in the Sugar Bowl vs. the Big 12 – it’ll be the champion if not in the College Football Playoff. There can’t be an SEC team this year in the Rose Bowl.

1. Sugar Bowl vs. Big 12
2. Buffalo Wild Wings Citrus Bowl vs. Big Ten or ACC

The SEC will assign teams to the respective bowls in this pool.

– AutoZone Liberty Bowl vs. Big 12
– Belk Bowl vs. ACC
– Franklin American Mortgage Music City Bowl vs. ACC or Big Ten (most likely the ACC)
– Outback Bowl vs. Big Ten
– TaxSlayer Bowl vs. ACC or Big Ten (most likely the Big Ten)
– Texas Bowl vs. Big 12

Second Tier

– Birmingham Bowl vs. American Athletic
– Walk-On’s Independence Bowl vs. ACC

Sun Belt Bowl Ties, Affiliations

The Sun Belt doesn’t have a true pecking order after the champion goes to the New Orleans Bowl. The bowl matchups are based on best possible games and geography. New member, Coastal Carolina, will not be eligible for a bowl game.

1. R&L Carriers New Orleans Bowl vs. Mountain West

– Dollar General Bowl vs. MAC
– Raycom Media Camellia Bowl vs. MAC
– AutoNation Cure Bowl vs. American Athletic
– NOVA Home Loans Arizona Bowl vs. Mountain West

Are you working on your Master's or PhD thesis?!

I wouldn’t be surprised to see Purdue slide up slightly in the pecking order for bowl assignments. Any bowl committee would love to have Rondale in their bowl. And who doesn’t love Tyler Trent. Amen.

Reactions: ImRonBurgandy?
The “positive” of the DH years is that many bowls want no repeat teams over X number of years, which could likely bump Purdue up the list of the bowl selection order.

While NYC weather sucks in late Dec, it sucks a lot less than Detroit. But, there's enough to keep the players and fans entertained in NYC for a few days. Detroit...not so much.

Last year the field at Yankee Stadium was horrible. Don't know if there was a lot that they could have done to improve it, but other than the novelty of it, the whole bowl game doesn't seem like a good setup. At least in Detroit they can play inside and it's a real football facility.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT