ADVERTISEMENT

BNI...can you believe how racist these cops are?

bonefish1

All-American
Oct 4, 2004
This guy pointing the gun looks very white. I thought the cops only killed black people?

This guy pointing the gun looks very white. I thought the cops only killed black people?

Wow! This story will be on every national news cast tonight. Feel sad for this mentally disturbed kid.

I never said that cops only killed black people. I said that cops kill more (not only) unarmed black people. If you are armed, black or white you are going to be shot.

This teenager was pointing a gun at the officers. Even though it turns out to be an air rifle, if you refuse to put the gun down after several commands no matter what color you are, you are going to be shot.

This teenager must have been white. Because the cops told him repeatedly to put the gun down. Gave him every chance in the world. 12 year old Tamir Rice in Cleveland wasn't offered such a chance as the cops rolled up on him and shot him within seconds.

I never said that cops only killed black people. I said that cops kill more (not only) unarmed black people. If you are armed, black or white you are going to be shot.

This teenager was pointing a gun at the officers. Even though it turns out to be an air rifle, if you refuse to put the gun down after several commands no matter what color you are, you are going to be shot.

This teenager must have been white. Because the cops told him repeatedly to put the gun down. Gave him every chance in the world. 12 year old Tamir Rice in Cleveland wasn't offered such a chance as the cops rolled up on him and shot him within seconds.
While a tragedy, you obviously do not know the whole story of Tamir Rice.

Reactions: Boilermaker03
While a tragedy, you obviously do not know the whole story of Tamir Rice.
Enlighten us please. Oh I know, at 12 years old he raped 3 women, robbed a bank, spent a bid in prison. All that to justify getting shot by police in 2 seconds. Ok, I'm ready let's hear it.

Enlighten us please. Oh I know, at 12 years old he raped 3 women, robbed a bank, spent a bid in prison. All that to justify getting shot by police in 2 seconds. Ok, I'm ready let's hear it.
For me this is a local story. This was the story according to local sources. Police were dispatched to a place where someone was pointing gun at people. The police were not told it was suspected to be an air gun being pointed by a kid. Supposedly Tamir Rice was very big for his age. At a quick glance police thought Tamir was 18-19 years old. The police arrive and Tamir points the gun at them. Air guns have a colored tip to show it is not a real gun. This tip was missing hence the gun looked real. The police fired. Tragic but was it really the total fault of the cops?

For me this is a local story. This was the story according to local sources. Police were dispatched to a place where someone was pointing gun at people. The police were not told it was suspected to be an air gun being pointed by a kid. Supposedly Tamir Rice was very big for his age. At a quick glance police thought Tamir was 18-19 years old. The police arrive and Tamir points the gun at them. Air guns have a colored tip to show it is not a real gun. This tip was missing hence the gun looked real. The police fired. Tragic but was it really the total fault of the cops?
What you just said was total bullsh*t. Tamir Rice was not big for his age and did not look like he was 18. He doesn’t look like a big kid in the video. That was the creative bullsh*t the cops put in the police report not knowing that someone was filming. Cops lie on the police report ALL the time. These cops used horrible tactics. You get a call that someone has a gun, why would you roll up within just a few feet of the individual. The kid’s life in bonefish1’s video mattered so much that the cops were at a distance. Gave several commands to put the weapon down. Tamir’s life didn’t matter as they roll up and 2 seconds they murder him.

If you are local to the story, why did you leave out that the cop that shot Tamir was previously fired from another police department in a nearby city? He was fired for mental issues.

What you just said was total bullsh*t. Tamir Rice was not big for his age and did not look like he was 18. He doesn’t look like a big kid in the video. That was the creative bullsh*t the cops put in the police report not knowing that someone was filming. Cops lie on the police report ALL the time. These cops used horrible tactics. You get a call that someone has a gun, why would you roll up within just a few feet of the individual. The kid’s life in bonefish1’s video mattered so much that the cops were at a distance. Gave several commands to put the weapon down. Tamir’s life didn’t matter as they roll up and 2 seconds they murder him.

If you are local to the story, why did you leave out that the cop that shot Tamir was previously fired from another police department in a nearby city? He was fired for mental issues.
I wasn't there. I can only relate what was reported locally. I left out the background on the cop because it has nothing to do with the immediate story. Whether he should have been in uniform or not is a separate issue. Get used to it, it is going to be very hard to get cops in the future.

I wasn't there. I can only relate what was reported locally. I left out the background on the cop because it has nothing to do with the immediate story. Whether he should have been in uniform or not is a separate issue. Get used to it, it is going to be very hard to get cops in the future.
The cop being fired has all to do with the story. Why would a police department hire a person that was fired do to incompetence. Sure enough these ne'er do wells roll up within just of few feet of someone they know and assumed it was a real gun. If that was real perpatrator with bad intentions they could have been shot on the spot. When someone has a gun the police place themselves a good distance away initially.

So, was Tamir shot because he was black or because he was holding a gun?

Because if he was holding a gun, then that would sort of disprove your narrative of cops shooting unarmed black men.

And just for the record, the fact is (I know you don't believe in facts, but they're still facts) that cops shoot twice as many unarmed white people than black.

The cop being fired has all to do with the story. Why would a police department hire a person that was fired do to incompetence. Sure enough these ne'er do wells roll up within just of few feet of someone they know and assumed it was a real gun. If that was real perpatrator with bad intentions they could have been shot on the spot. When someone has a gun the police place themselves a good distance away initially.

Should the cops wait to see if the suspect is going to fire first?

Should the cops wait to see if the suspect is going to fire first?
The cops in Tamir’s case should have done what the cops did in the video you posted. Roll up at a substantial distance and give the person the opportunity to drop the weapon with commands. If they don’t put down the weapon they they should be shot. They did that in your video because that kid’s life mattered to them. Gave him all the chance in the world. With Tamir Rice, his life did not matter most likely because he was black, they roll up right next to him and open fire within seconds.

The cops in Tamir’s case should have done what the cops did in the video you posted. Roll up at a substantial distance and give the person the opportunity to drop the weapon with commands. If they don’t put down the weapon they they should be shot. They did that in your video because that kid’s life mattered to them. Gave him all the chance in the world. With Tamir Rice, his life did not matter most likely because he was black, they roll up right next to him and open fire within seconds.
Ok, just want to make sure they weren't shooting an unarmed black man and he did in fact, have a gun.

How long they should wait to see what the perp is going to do with the gun is a different discussion, but the fact he had a gun and pointed it at the cop justifies the cops actions.

Ok, just want to make sure they weren't shooting an unarmed black man and he did in fact, have a gun.

How long they should wait to see what the perp is going to do with the gun is a different discussion, but the fact he had a gun and pointed it at the cop justifies the cops actions.
How do you know if Tamir even pointed the gun at the cops? In the video looks like he just had the gun in his hand.

How do you know if Tamir even pointed the gun at the cops? In the video looks like he just had the gun in his hand.
That's what it said in the report I read.
While this is a tragic situation, as in most of these situations, I don't think it had anything to do with race.
But, knowing that black people do commit 56% of all violent crimes and this being a neighborhood known for violent crime, the cop had a reasonable suspicion that Rice was a gun wielding and needed to be stopped.

That's what it said in the report I read.
While this is a tragic situation, as in most of these situations, I don't think it had anything to do with race.
But, knowing that black people do commit 56% of all violent crimes and this being a neighborhood known for violent crime, the cop had a reasonable suspicion that Rice was a gun wielding and needed to be stopped.
What you read was probably the police account of what happened. Which came out before video is released. They also said that they repeatedly asked Tamir to put down the weapon. The video clearly shows that is not true. They lied and said that he looked big for his age which he did not. The boy was only 12 years old. Ohio is an open carry state by the way.

Just like the LaQuan McDonald case, the police account is very different to what actually happened and scene on video. That is why Mayor Emanuel and the Chicago police sat on the video for an entire year. And at least 2 other police officers were fired for participating in the cover up. Believe or not, police lie on official police reports.

Also, in Ohio a black dude is in a Walmart in the gun section looking at BB guns. Some jackass calls the police on him as he has the BB gun in is hand checking it out. The police come to the Walmart and shoot him dead. Again Ohio is an open carry state. If the dude was white they would not have called the police and the police would not have shot him.

What you read was probably the police account of what happened. Which came out before video is released. They also said that they repeatedly asked Tamir to put down the weapon. The video clearly shows that is not true. They lied and said that he looked big for his age which he did not. The boy was only 12 years old. Ohio is an open carry state by the way.

Just like the LaQuan McDonald case, the police account is very different to what actually happened and scene on video. That is why Mayor Emanuel and the Chicago police sat on the video for an entire year. And at least 2 other police officers were fired for participating in the cover up. Believe or not, police lie on official police reports.

Also, in Ohio a black dude is in a Walmart in the gun section looking at BB guns. Some jackass calls the police on him as he has the BB gun in is hand checking it out. The police come to the Walmart and shoot him dead. Again Ohio is an open carry state. If the dude was white they would not have called the police and the police would not have shot him.
I love how you pick out individual incidents to get your racial fires stoked.

As a black man (and I myself to, since I sometimes identify), you should be trying to help change the perception and the reason someone would call the cops on a black guy holding a BB gun in Walmart.
That has a lot to do with blacks committing 56% of violent crimes.

I love how you pick out individual incidents to get your racial fires stoked.

As a black man (and I myself to, since I sometimes identify), you should be trying to help change the perception and the reason someone would call the cops on a black guy holding a BB gun in Walmart.
That has a lot to do with blacks committing 56% of violent crimes.
That is one dumbass and racist quote.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT