ADVERTISEMENT

Blows my mind how anyone who understands basketball is surprised!

Mattpu01

All-American
Mar 22, 2007
This team struggled to play D from the start, had turnover issues, couldn’t ever get the key 50/50 balls, and weren’t good FT shooters.
We lacked a dominant guard who excelled in half court, never could really have 3 scorers on floor together, and had suspect guard play all together.
Yes we had an Uber athletic player but he had some severe limitations. Had 2 good post players, but they played same position and were very bad at defense and poor FT shooters.
We had a nice team and a nice season, but the writing was on the wall as soon as conference play started. I get being dissatisfied and disappointed we couldn’t ever figure it out, but to act like we had some catastrophic choke job or some major coaching issue in the tourney is absurd.
Blame coach for rotations or roster construction if you want, but this wasn’t some major March collapse. If it wasn’t a 15 seed and we got beat by a 2 seed would it change anything? Not for me it wouldn’t. They are who we thought they were!

On one hand, you can lament all the close losses, but they were all a bi product of what this team was! This wasn’t a fluke or a shock…this was the same issue all year long. In fact, it looked like North Texas all over again. Turnovers, inconsistent 3 pt shooting, allowing other teams guards work us over!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.