ADVERTISEMENT

Biggie

My best memory of him was that he arrived to z Purdue way out of shape. He had all world talent but really didn’t have to use it in high school. Painter said he wouldn’t play him until he got in shape and could physically play the game. And Painter kept his word and didn’t play him. And Biggie realized painter was a man of his word and that motivated him to be the best that he could be! And so Biggie worked his tail off.

That relationship is why I respect Painter. He didn’t give in to the player or the pressure of the fans or the pressure of winning! Tractor Traylor at Michigan was the total opposite. He was the total opposite and his coach didn’t care and allowed him to be a whale on the court.

More than any one game or play what I remember most is Biggie’s work ethic!

Reactions: Boiler Buck
Good story on him...1 yr memorial.

He was a great Boiler an AA and a super team member.

What is your best Biggie memory??

Getting to know him and being able to call him a friend. Meeting him at the hotel in NYC and taking him on what he said was his first subway ride from the hotel to Times Square. Talking about his goals after basketball. Going into a Bodega with him to buy fruit snacks lol. Talking to him about music. Introducing him to some of his favorite hip hop artists. Caleb was a gentle and kind soul.. I still have his cell # in my contacts... He invited me to his place in Sacramento (when he was still with the Kings), but I never had the chance to go. Wish I made the time to do that.

My best memory of him was that he arrived to z Purdue way out of shape. He had all world talent but really didn’t have to use it in high school. Painter said he wouldn’t play him until he got in shape and could physically play the game. And Painter kept his word and didn’t play him
I think you’re confusing Biggie with Trevion. Biggie started all 69 games in his 2 years here.

Feel that ultimately the Covid shutdown in the NBA (and his own choices after) led to his untimely death. Right before the lockdown, saw him play here in Atlanta and he looked better than ever.

Fast forward 3 months later after lockdown and he’s too out of shape to play in the bubble for a playoff team.

To me, that started the health slide that ultimately claimed his life. Great boiler and obviously gone way too soon!

Biggie's 22 rebound game vs MN was epic. It seemed like every rebound was his to own. I know it was not a Purdue record but best I have seen in my lifetime......that is until Edey did it too also against MN

Biggie's 22 rebound game vs MN was epic. It seemed like every rebound was his to own. I know it was not a Purdue record but best I have seen in my lifetime......that is until Edey did it too also against MN
That year when Biggie and AJ played together, they had the defensive glass on lockdown. The opponent might as well just shoot it and run back on defense.

Getting to know him and being able to call him a friend. Meeting him at the hotel in NYC and taking him on what he said was his first subway ride from the hotel to Times Square. Talking about his goals after basketball. Going into a Bodega with him to buy fruit snacks lol. Talking to him about music. Introducing him to some of his favorite hip hop artists. Caleb was a gentle and kind soul.. I still have his cell # in my contacts... He invited me to his place in Sacramento (when he was still with the Kings), but I never had the chance to go. Wish I made the time to do that.
Love your experiences with him. I still have a picture of him at Southside working out at 6am during the off season with D. Goodwell(Goody) his trainer at the time. What people don't know is that he really worked hard on his craft and at times dealt with mental health issues but overall he was a good kid/man.

Yeah he was coming off the bench that year i think. Not as good a rebounder as the other 2 but still solid.
First year I recall broadcasters calling us "Big Man U." After them 7'3" Haarms, then Edey.

Zack goes we have 7'2" Berg (if he's ever healthy), 6'11 (or so( Burgess coming, 6'10" Furst & 6'9" Kaufman-Renn coming more into their own with experience. Does Wembenyama still have college eligibility?

First year I recall broadcasters calling us "Big Man U." After them 7'3" Haarms, then Edey.

Zack goes we have 7'2" Berg (if he's ever healthy), 6'11 (or so( Burgess coming, 6'10" Furst & 6'9" Kaufman-Renn coming more into their own with experience. Does Wembenyama still have college eligibility?

Looks wise TKR & Furst ~ 6' 8" ish. I know they are listed taller.

Reactions: ImRonBurgandy?
Yeah he was coming off the bench that year i think. Not as good a rebounder as the other 2 but still solid.
I haven't thought about it much, but didn't think Biggie played with AJ. I thought he played with Haas and why I mentioned Haas.

Reactions: Schnelk
He played at least one year with Haas. One of the supposed reasons he chose Purdue was that Purdue had Haas and Biggie Beas projected to play the 4. I thought MSU wanted him to play the 5. Admittedly he ended up playing the 5 more than the 4. But Haas was at Purdue for at least one of his years.

Brain dead I guess in that I can't recall him playing with AJ..only Haas.

He played at least one year with Haas. One of the supposed reasons he chose Purdue was that Purdue had Haas and Biggie Beas projected to play the 4. I thought MSU wanted him to play the 5. Admittedly he ended up playing the 5 more than the 4. But Haas was at Purdue for at least one of his years.
He played almost 0 time at center as a freshman, and he played some time at the 5 when Haas was on the bench. He did not play the 5 more than 4. He played 2 years with Haas, he could have played one more year with Haas had he not gone pro. Also, you don't understand how to use the word "admittedly."

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT