ADVERTISEMENT

Biggie down low

hoosierdog1

All-American
Gold Member
Apr 20, 2011
Anyone else remember early in the game posting up on the low block back to the basket? I believe he got 3 easy layups.Don't know what happened maybe Mi.changed their defense but I don't remember him doing it again.I know he wants to play facing the basket.I think right now at least he is better down low.Thoughts?

Well let's see. Three layups for 6 points. Two 3's in the second half for 6 points. Ummmm, you tell me.

Yea and what was his shooting % from outside?
I think he was 2-3 from outside.

Typical Painter strategy.... We found a mismatch with Irvin on him down low...got Irvin out of the game with two quick fouls then proceeded to not attack him again when he comes back in the game.

Getting ther bigs in foul trouble yesterday was the way to go. We didn't execute

Anyone else remember early in the game posting up on the low block back to the basket? I believe he got 3 easy layups.Don't know what happened maybe Mi.changed their defense but I don't remember him doing it again.I know he wants to play facing the basket.I think right now at least he is better down low.Thoughts?

We went to him out of a timeout after UM took the lead late, he went to work, got in the lane and just missed a chippy. Of all the things in this game, going to him in the post was a big plus if you ask me. I have no data to back this up, but I would have to think that we went there vs UM yesterday more than in any other game all year long, or at least pretty close. And I like that. He can score down there.

Typical Painter strategy.... We found a mismatch with Irvin on him down low...got Irvin out of the game with two quick fouls then proceeded to not attack him again when he comes back in the game.

Getting ther bigs in foul trouble yesterday was the way to go. We didn't execute
Good point not only a high % shot but also draw fouls.

Irvin started fronting him, with weak side defenders cheating off our "shooters".

Reactions: mathboy
Swanigan was profiled on The Journey tonight, along with Roosevelt Barnes. It provided good insight into Biggie's background and had game and behind-the-scenes clips from Tuesday's win over Michigan State.

Biggie's most effective offensive move is to back his defender down low with his size.... this is where he needs to live.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT