ADVERTISEMENT

Big Ten Title Game - Did anyone else just see...

Shannon totally just got away with jumping into Wahl to draw Wahl's 4th foul on a 3-point attempt.

This is a fun game.

So, great offense in this game or questionable defense? That's been the question with Illinois all year. Klesmit hit some big threes to keep Wisconsin in it.

Illinois is at least a very good offensive team even if their defense is often suspect and one of their players has serious off-the-court issues. Wisconsin is just a dirty team that has been building for years to get to this year. Will be funny to see them walk away with nothing and then probably their best player transfer too.

Reactions: A. Ness
Illinois is at least a very good offensive team even if their defense is often suspect and one of their players has serious off-the-court issues. Wisconsin is just a dirty team that has been building for years to get to this year. Will be funny to see them walk away with nothing and then probably their best player transfer too.
Wisky could have everyone back but Wahl.

Wisky could have everyone back but Wahl.
My bad. Thought Hepburn was a senior too. But having to replace the dirtiness of Wahl alone will be very difficult. And rumors are out there that Storr will be portaling too. Guess every offseason is now one of potential significant change for everyone.

Can't stand either team, but if the B1G played like that more often we wouldn't be such a disaster to watch most nights.

Wisconsin may be dirty, but they also are skilled with Storr, Klesmitt, ( dirty, but sneaky, got Edey out of the game) and now Hepburn is coming around. They are peaking at the right time back to their form before they went backwards when Purdue beat them at home. And Blackwell who had his way with Purdue at Mackey is MIA. They may not be fun to face in the tournament.

Wisconsin may be dirty, but they also are skilled with Storr, Klesmitt, ( dirty, but sneaky, got Edey out of the game) and now Hepburn is coming around. They are peaking at the right time back to their form before they went backwards when Purdue beat them at home. And Blackwell who had his way with Purdue at Mackey is MIA. They may not be fun to face in the tournament.

Blackwell tweaked an ankle against Northwestern - don't think he's still right yet. He could really help them at full strength.

why has Essigian seen so little time this year? defense? also when they showed their team celebrating in the lockeroom yesterday , he showed little emotion

I think he had a back issue earlier in the season - and then he got out of the rotation with Blackwell and a couple others playing well. He got some playing time against Maryland and hit a couple of long-range shots - had 9 points.

They've got a tough first game against JMU.

AJ Storr try to throw an alley oop to himself off the glass...and fail miserably...and get to stay in the game?
I loved it and understand why a coach of him wouldn't. Just think of how many games you watch and it most likely be a first. How many firsts remain? Reminded me of a basketball game when I was little called rebound or rough 21 some would call it. I mean it was crazy in that it just doesn't happen for a variety of reasons and yet it did...in a game! What makes it even crazier is Wisconsin is typically pretty methodical and structured in its offense.

My bad. Thought Hepburn was a senior too. But having to replace the dirtiness of Wahl alone will be very difficult. And rumors are out there that Storr will be portaling too. Guess every offseason is now one of potential significant change for everyone.
I don't follow NBA, but how is Storr not a 1st round pick? Big, athletic guard that can shoot and is only a sophomore?

Reactions: ImRonBurgandy?
Completely unrelated to anything but the title game, but the "Big Ten" apparently stopped Wisconsin fans from chanting "No means no" today. Jerry Sandusky said "It's about time!"

• Haha
Reactions: DrEss and tjreese
Shannon totally just got away with jumping into Wahl to draw Wahl's 4th foul on a 3-point attempt.

This is a fun game.
Shannon also shot 17, 16 and 11 FTs in their last 3 games. I find it funny non Purdue fans don’t question that as much as they do edey, whom they call the “FT Merchant”. Shannon is good and is a load getting downhill, but it’s quite odd no one really complains about his FTAs.

Saw an Illinois fan say “he’s so quick, guys can’t stay in front of him”…but if Edeys “too big and no one can match his height or strength”…he doesn’t deserve to get foul calls 😂

Reactions: Inspector100
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT