ADVERTISEMENT

Big Ten Recruiting Summaries

So “you’re not wrong, we just don’t want to hear about it.”

Why any Northwestern fan would talk smack after how bad they’ve been historically is beyond me. It’s like Cub fans. They finally win a World Series and think they’re amazing. In reality, they were an embarrassment for over a century. One WS title doesn’t change that.

Memo to II. You can talk Purdue football. When you start talking smack like the dumb@ss you've been, you'll be called on it.

You and the moronic argument of the "open forum" again? Nobody said it wasn't.

Nobody is insulting you, just holding up a mirror to you.

Act like a dumb@ss troll, get called on being a dumb@ss troll. It's that simple.

Your one trick limitations are just too easy to manipulate 85. Looking for a greater, more entertaining challenge than you can provide.

GOUNUII

We do and you haven't. Though I expect Purdue to win some recruiting battles going forward.

Once you get outside the top 10 in national recruiting rankings, they mean nothing or next to nothing. Wisconsin rarely gets a top 25 class and is often in the 40s or lower. NU is lucky to slip inside the Top 50. But both schools get good to very good players and win a lot of games.

Purdue has definitely stepped up its recruiting under Brohm. But several of its higher rated 2019 commits are remarkably soft on the other offers side of the equation. 11 of NU's 15 2019 commits passed on the likes of Stanford, Michigan, Tex. A&M, Wisconsin, TCU, PSU, LSU, ND, MSU and Clemson. So NU fans are pleased and scoff at the rankings.

Good Luck a week from tonight. Good to see Purdue fans enjoying their football again. My Purple glasses foresee a 27-23 type game with NU pulling it out as the Boilers stall one too many times in the red zone.

GOUNUII

Better facilities? Purdue’s new team center and practice fields are one Sindelar bullet away from Ross-Ade Stadium. Just steps across Wooden Drive. Northwestern’s new team center and practice fields are 1.6 miles away from putting a finger in the Dyche-Or-Your-Name-Here-For-Money Field. We don’t need Uber buses hauling us 10 minutes to get from work to play.

Better coaches? Your defensive coordinator was my football coaching instructor at Purdue. One of my classmates won four Super Bowl rings. Now we’re all retired. Meanwhile ol’ Coach Hank is still trying to herd cats. Get a Holt of yourselves.

Better program? Most Boilermakers grew up brushing off Mildcats like so much kitty litter. We didn’t need Charlton Heston to part the purple seas. In the storied annals of the Big Ten, which we founded, only eye-ewe stinks worse than NU. Your best teams draw 30,000 at home. You’re even trying to steal our colors. You’ll turn purple again soon enough.

Reactions: Dandelion1972
Why are you people trashing Rod Blagojevich's alma mater? I'm sure he would have made it to the moon if he hadn't been sent to prison.

I like Northwestern and was accepted there. It's a nice campus and has an excellent business school. Don't forget to say hi to my heartthrobs Julie Louis Dreyfus and Shelly Long!

Not sure what the topic of this thread actually is but I felt compelled to post in it. Is my post somewhat related to the current discussion?

Reactions: Gladeskat
I like Northwestern and was accepted there. It's a nice campus and has an excellent business school. Don't forget to say hi to my heartthrobs Julie Louis Dreyfus and Shelly Long!

Not sure what the topic of this thread actually is but I felt compelled to post in it. Is my post somewhat related to the current discussion?

is it ever?

(j/k)

As much as it ever is!

Reactions: Purdue85
Who's recruiting Charlton Heston? Are we?

Yeah . . . but it's a long shot.

cold-dead.jpg

so let's see, in summary, Purdue's recruiting is looking pretty good, and our competition is getting a little worried and very defensive. Pretty soon, we'll have posters from OSU, Mich and PSU on our board telling us how great they are. and when that happens, you wil know how great of a team we actually are.

Reactions: 72Boiler
Geez-O-Pete. It was a "you think you've had it bad?" comment.

But thanks for the 80s comment. Made me ask "Damn ... has it been that long?" Seems like yesterday most of the time.

And no. NU and Purdue football are not in the same ballpark. By all objective measures, NU left Purdue in its dust 15 years ago. 6-1 over the last 10. That's downright ugly. 8-3 over the last 15. Still dominant. Definitely not in the same ballpark. Which is what Hunter Johnson and Connor Foster and Bryce Kirtz, Mike Jansey, Duke Olges and Rod Heard also concluded when they committed to NU this summer despite Purdue's best efforts to convince them Purdue was the better place. They obviously didn't care what happened before they were even born. Only people and places far removed from their distant glory years do. Which prompts people living in the present to credibly say ... " That's all you got? "

Didn't really want to go there. But you asked for it. Still looking for Purdue to get a lot better soon under Brohm. 15 years is not a "few." It's a lost generation Purdue will have to overcome.

GOUNUII

Nice to pick the last 15 years, as we won the previous 7 to make it 10-8 over the last 21 yrs. One could argue the last decade was nothing more than penny pinching by our Athletic Dept. That has now stopped.

We are looking forward to the next decade

Why any Northwestern fan would talk smack after how bad they’ve been historically is beyond me. It’s like Cub fans. They finally win a World Series and think they’re amazing. In reality, they were an embarrassment for over a century. One WS title doesn’t change that.
Obvious Cardinal fan! The cubs had some really good teams over the last 100 years and yes between the Cubs and Cardinals the Cubs have the last WS.

Nice to pick the last 15 years, as we won the previous 7 to make it 10-8 over the last 21 yrs. One could argue the last decade was nothing more than penny pinching by our Athletic Dept. That has now stopped.

We are looking forward to the next decade
Now here is a guy who takes the long term view. Hell, when I was in school, the NW game was always considered a 'gimme'. Only lately have they appeared to have risen from the dead. I am sure it is just a weird form of rigor mortise.

Maybe someday they will return that stadium to the local grade school they stole it from and build a real BIG type place. I was there for the derailment of A-Train and the UM juggernaut. We had a good time watching UM crash, but what a pit! We had to hear that damned cat wail every play. Good God I was sick of that sound. Did they twist some poor cat's privates to make that noise?

There is going to be some butt kicking Thursday, and I think it will be the boys in purple who get their bruises to match their uniforms. I expect a two touchdown cleaning of the mildcats.

Last edited:
NW fans, be it 3.5 pt favorites or 14 points, NW is going down. Mark that tape. Too much offense to your inexperienced secondary. Only way it remains close is if Thorson can come out to play. I like NW all other times of the year, just not this week. Last year NW was the better team, but the tide has turned and it should be fun to watch.

Obvious Cardinal fan! The cubs had some really good teams over the last 100 years and yes between the Cubs and Cardinals the Cubs have the last WS.

Sure they have but that still doesn’t change the fact that it took them 100+ to do it. Cardinals have an 11-3 lead on titles too.

Sure they have but that still doesn’t change the fact that it took them 100+ to do it. Cardinals have an 11-3 lead on titles too.
But who has won more recently? I am just kidding this argument could go one as long as some the topics on the B.B. board.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT