#32 Wisconsin
#42 Iowa
#43 Northwestern
#50 Indiana
#57 Illinois
#63 Rutgers
#73 Maryland

Thanks for posting.

I was shocked to see Northwestern being that much lower than us, since some posters in the not so distance past posted on here they have better facilities than us and we cannot win a recruiting battle against them.

Thanks for posting.

I was shocked to see Northwestern being that much lower than us, since some posters in the not so distance past posted on here they have better facilities than us and we cannot win a recruiting battle against them.
And I would thought that IU was running neck and neck with Purdue. That's what they are saying on peegs, right?

Not so much.

Thanks for posting.

If you account for the 4 less players on NU's commit list right now as being 3 star players, their total would put them 4th right now...just behind Purdue.

The better stat to look at, IMO, is average stars. Purdue sits at number 8 (and would get a big bump if the 2 star gets a bump/dropped and Purdue tacks on some of the 4 stars/high 3 stars that the staff is waiting to decide.

Either way, the bump is significant when you start getting put in the conversation with Iowa, Whisky, Nebraska, and MSU

I've been called a buzzkill for suggesting the average player ranking is a more accurate gauge. of player rankings rather than that overall rating. the above rating multiplies the player rankings by players and gives an exaggerated rating to teams with more commits. We currently have 20 commits without much room to add more. That is the second highest total in the BIG 10. In stark contrast, Maryland only has 9 commits. I'm surprised Maryland is ranked so high.

a more detailed account would show both Nebraska and MSU with only 16 commits, and PSU has only 15 and UW has 13. Iowa and Northwestern have 14 and 15 respectively. Once their commitment totals approach 20, like Purdue, I expect their overall ratings to increase significantly.

on the other side, Minnesota, which is ranked right behind us already has 24 commits. I have to believe their class is full and will only decrease in overall ranking.

on the plus side, it's been a very good year for Purdue recruiting. but it's also been a tremendous year for BIG 10 recruiting. Eleven BIG 10 teams are within the Top 50. that speaks volumes.

We're looking great, and I look forward to the final ratings. I truly believe in the end, this will be a top 25 class.

on the other side of the coin, I can remember the old posters on this board who used to say, we don't start football recruiting at Purdue until the season starts. and my reply was always, if you wait that long before you start getting commitments,, all the good recruits will either be gone or have narrowed their choices to other schools. And now, we're almost at our limit before we even play a game. Wow, times have changed.

Thanks for posting.

We do and you haven't. Though I expect Purdue to win some recruiting battles going forward.

Once you get outside the top 10 in national recruiting rankings, they mean nothing or next to nothing. Wisconsin rarely gets a top 25 class and is often in the 40s or lower. NU is lucky to slip inside the Top 50. But both schools get good to very good players and win a lot of games.

Purdue has definitely stepped up its recruiting under Brohm. But several of its higher rated 2019 commits are remarkably soft on the other offers side of the equation. 11 of NU's 15 2019 commits passed on the likes of Stanford, Michigan, Tex. A&M, Wisconsin, TCU, PSU, LSU, ND, MSU and Clemson. So NU fans are pleased and scoff at the rankings.

Good Luck a week from tonight. Good to see Purdue fans enjoying their football again. My Purple glasses foresee a 27-23 type game with NU pulling it out as the Boilers stall one too many times in the red zone.

GOUNUII

We do and you haven't. Though I expect Purdue to win some recruiting battles going forward.

Once you get outside the top 10 in national recruiting rankings, they mean nothing or next to nothing. Wisconsin rarely gets a top 25 class and is often in the 40s or lower. NU is lucky to slip inside the Top 50. But both schools get good to very good players and win a lot of games.

Purdue has definitely stepped up its recruiting under Brohm. But several of its higher rated 2019 commits are remarkably soft on the other offers side of the equation. 11 of NU's 15 2019 commits passed on the likes of Stanford, Michigan, Tex. A&M, Wisconsin, TCU, PSU, LSU, ND, MSU and Clemson. So NU fans are pleased and scoff at the rankings.

Good Luck a week from tonight. Good to see Purdue fans enjoying their football again. My Purple glasses foresee a 27-23 type game with NU pulling it out as the Boilers stall one too many times in the red zone.

GOUNUII

You did fine until you said our top prospects have weak offer lists. Alabama, Michigan OSU Florida Wisconsin and Karlaftis every program in the country so try again.

Interesting to compare our top 10 average stars to all the other big ten teams. Any engineer bored today?

Pretty clear that our ranking will go down as other teams - both national and B1G - get more commits in the fold. But just having that current ranking (for 2+ months right now) is helping Purdue's football image on a national scale. Even having a Top 30 class when it is all said and done is wonderful news. Being grouped in the same tier with the middle of the B1G is a far cry from where we've been since the Haze came on board.

Pretty clear that our ranking will go down as other teams - both national and B1G - get more commits in the fold. But just having that current ranking (for 2+ months right now) is helping Purdue's football image on a national scale. Even having a Top 30 class when it is all said and done is wonderful news. Being grouped in the same tier with the middle of the B1G is a far cry from where we've been since the Haze came on board.

I will agree with that. having great players attracts other great players. I recall Miss or Miss St probably broke a few NCAA recruiting rules a few years back recruiting some top ranked player. But once he was in the fold, he brought a bunch of his elite friends with him.

and although we haven't signed anybody yet, and our class is almost full, we are still in the running for several more big time players. Several years ago, we'd be going after 2 star players at this time just to try and fill the class.

I doubt we sign all those elite targets, but I believe we'll sign at least 2 of them, maybe 3. it's a good sign for the future.

Reactions: Gary Boiler
You did fine until you said our top prospects have weak offer lists. Alabama, Michigan OSU Florida Wisconsin and Karlaftis every program in the country so try again.

Interesting to compare our top 10 average stars to all the other big ten teams. Any engineer bored today?[/QUOTE

Only several, not all. I made that clear. Look it up. It’s true.

Easy to get caught up in the star system. Especially among long suffering fans. Nobody suffered longer or with less hope than NU fans.

Good luck next week. Great exposure for both teams.

GOUNUII

Nobody suffered longer or with less hope than NU fans.

So we have a few down years and you think we're somehow in the same ballpark? You guys are barely above IU in terms of overall wins, go home and reflect on the 80s before you come back all full of yourself.

So we have a few down years and you think we're somehow in the same ballpark? You guys are barely above IU in terms of overall wins, go home and reflect on the 80s before you come back all full of yourself.

Geez-O-Pete. It was a "you think you've had it bad?" comment.

But thanks for the 80s comment. Made me ask "Damn ... has it been that long?" Seems like yesterday most of the time.

And no. NU and Purdue football are not in the same ballpark. By all objective measures, NU left Purdue in its dust 15 years ago. 6-1 over the last 10. That's downright ugly. 8-3 over the last 15. Still dominant. Definitely not in the same ballpark. Which is what Hunter Johnson and Connor Foster and Bryce Kirtz, Mike Jansey, Duke Olges and Rod Heard also concluded when they committed to NU this summer despite Purdue's best efforts to convince them Purdue was the better place. They obviously didn't care what happened before they were even born. Only people and places far removed from their distant glory years do. Which prompts people living in the present to credibly say ... " That's all you got? "

Didn't really want to go there. But you asked for it. Still looking for Purdue to get a lot better soon under Brohm. 15 years is not a "few." It's a lost generation Purdue will have to overcome.

GOUNUII

But thanks for the 80s comment. Made me ask "Damn ... has it been that long?" Seems like yesterday most of the time.

And no. NU and Purdue football are not in the same ballpark. By all objective measures, NU left Purdue in its dust 15 years ago. 6-1 over the last 10. That's downright ugly. 8-3 over the last 15. Still dominant. Definitely not in the same ballpark. Which is what Hunter Johnson and Connor Foster and Bryce Kirtz, Mike Jansey, Duke Olges and Rod Heard also concluded when they committed to NU this summer despite Purdue's best efforts to convince them Purdue was the better place. They obviously didn't care what happened before they were even born. Only people and places far removed from their distant glory years do. Which prompts people living in the present to credibly say ... " That's all you got? "

Didn't really want to go there. But you asked for it. Still looking for Purdue to get a lot better soon under Brohm. 15 years is not a "few." It's a lost generation Purdue will have to overcome.

GOUNUII

You wish.

Reactions: FLAG HUNTER

GOUNUII

Congrats you beat us during the worst 4-year stretch in our history. Luckily for us, Hazell is long gone. And why are you bragging about those recruits? Purdue has a better class than you guys this year.

Reactions: Purdue85
Congrats you beat us during the worst 4-year stretch in our history. Luckily for us, Hazell is long gone. And why are you bragging about those recruits? Purdue has a better class than you guys this year.

Amazing how you condense 15 consecutive years and several coaches into 4 and 1. Whatever floats your boat.

GOUNUII

I will say that Fitzgerald isnt the lying crybaby that Chris Collins is.And if Northwestern beats Purdue 19 years in a row,the series will be even.Boiler up.

Last edited:
Amazing how you condense 15 consecutive years and several coaches into 4 and 1. Whatever floats your boat.

GOUNUII

For all of your “dominance,” isn’t it reasonable to expect your recruiting class to be better than ours?

For all of your “dominance,” isn’t it reasonable to expect your recruiting class to be better than ours?

Nobody will know how good the 2019 classes are for a few years. All we know for sure is that when NU and Purdue have gone after the same 2019 prospect, NU has dominated. Even with top Indiana HS prospects like Johnson and Kirtz.

Purdue’s recruiting has improved under Brohm. The team has done the same. There is again reason for hope. All good.

GOUNUII

Reactions: Boilerme
Nobody will know how good the 2019 classes are for a few years. All we know for sure is that when NU and Purdue have gone after the same 2019 prospect, NU has dominated. Even with top Indiana HS prospects like Johnson and Kirtz.

Purdue’s recruiting has improved under Brohm. The team has done the same. There is again reason for hope. All good.

GOUNUII

We have a really good idea how good they are right now.

NU hasn't "dominated" anything this year. NU has gotten many of the recruits they wanted, so has Purdue.

Stop being an @sshat on the Purdue forum.

Amazing how you can't resist being a dumb@ss.

Whatever floats your boat.
We have a really good idea how good they are right now.

NU hasn't "dominated" anything this year. NU has gotten many of the recruits they wanted, so has Purdue.

Stop being an @sshat on the Purdue forum.

Have you tried expanding the range of your personal insults beyond your fixation on people’s @$$e$?

GOUNUII

Here they come again.

I'll type this very slowly for you. One, It's in the title of the forum: "Boilermaker Football." Two, it's an opinion.

Want to puff your chest and pat yourself on your own backs over the recent history of your program? Do it somewhere else.

Memo to 85. We’re talking Purdue football. Just not to your liking. And you and others are talking NU football. Which is a free pass for NU fans to join in. That’s normal in the week leading up to a game on an OPEN message board. Go get your own Board where you are free to set your own rules. Till then, can you take your game beyond juvenile insults and false bravado? I don’t think so.

Here they come again.

I'll type this very slowly for you. One, It's in the title of the forum: "Boilermaker Football." Two, it's an opinion.

Want to puff your chest and pat yourself on your own backs over the recent history of your program? Do it somewhere else.

So “you’re not wrong, we just don’t want to hear about it.”

Memo to 85. We’re talking Purdue football. Just not to your liking. And you and others are talking NU football. Which is a free pass for NU fans to join in. That’s normal in the week leading up to a game on an OPEN message board. Go get your own Board where you are free to set your own rules. Till then, can you take your game beyond juvenile insults and false bravado? I don’t think so.

Memo to II. You can talk Purdue football. When you start talking smack like the dumb@ss you've been, you'll be called on it.

You and the moronic argument of the "open forum" again? Nobody said it wasn't.

Nobody is insulting you, just holding up a mirror to you.

Act like a dumb@ss troll, get called on being a dumb@ss troll. It's that simple.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT