ADVERTISEMENT

Big get

Tranquil was slow played by ND and committed to Purdue because he didn’t think the ND offer would ever come. When ND finally did offer, Tranquil (deeply religious) almost stayed with Purdue because he felt terrible about backtracking on his commitment. It had nothing to do with DH and everything to do with Tranquil.
This is just wrong. DH told him he was staying at Purdue for 4 years and that's it. Boom the red flag pops up and he tells Jackie that he's nervous about a coach only committed to a school for 4 years. This is a true statement that I've spoken with Drue himself. This is sad but a true story. I tell you what If you know Drue you ask him if this is true and I'll be gladly to wager on it. Also, his girlfriend/fiance was going to Purdue and wanted to follow but they agreed it was best for the situation. You take DH out and put in Brohm than we don't have this conversation.

This is just wrong. DH told him he was staying at Purdue for 4 years and that's it. Boom the red flag pops up and he tells Jackie that he's nervous about a coach only committed to a school for 4 years. This is a true statement that I've spoken with Drue himself. This is sad but a true story. I tell you what If you know Drue you ask him if this is true and I'll be gladly to wager on it. Also, his girlfriend/fiance was going to Purdue and wanted to follow but they agreed it was best for the situation. You take DH out and put in Brohm than we don't have this conversation.

Ok. ;)

He is a huge commit for Purdue. He is one of the top recruits in New York. Just that is big. Welcome aboard sir.

Reactions: phila
I think it's nice to finally recruit on a level that is competitive to ND. That says something about Brohm and his staff.
And there is the takeaway. Regardless of who offered whom, what was said, etc.. we are getting players that the likes of ND and other top 15 programs want or at least are on their radar screen. There is no shame for a program like Purdue to "show more love" to recruits and pull them away when programs like ND put them on ice. That is simply how we must do it.
A few years ago we were taking the leftovers from MSU, Iowa, Wisconsin, etc., which were taking the leftovers from ND, UM, and OSU. Brohm has pulled us up an entire rung in the recruiting ladder, even to the point where we are competing head-to-head with the big boys at certain positions.

And there is the takeaway. Regardless of who offered whom, what was said, etc.. we are getting players that the likes of ND and other top 15 programs want or at least are on their radar screen. There is no shame for a program like Purdue to "show more love" to recruits and pull them away when programs like ND put them on ice. That is simply how we must do it.
A few years ago we were taking the leftovers from MSU, Iowa, Wisconsin, etc., which were taking the leftovers from ND, UM, and OSU. Brohm has pulled us up an entire rung in the recruiting ladder, even to the point where we are competing head-to-head with the big boys at certain positions.
This is exactly what I like! Having a coach that can recruit and coach is nice.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT