ADVERTISEMENT

Biden Scrubs Federal Sites of $83 Billion Weapons Debacle

ecouch

All-American
Gold Member
Aug 14, 2003
https://www.forbes.com/sites/adaman...eports-from-federal-websites/?sh=3408e8ad16ba

The scrubbed audits and reports included detailed accounting of what the U.S. had provided to Afghan forces, down to the number of night vision devices, hand grenades, Black Hawk helicopters, and armored vehicles.

U.S. taxpayers paid for these audits and the U.S.-provided equipment, and citizens should be able to follow the money and hold the Biden administration accountable.

Really not a lot to say here. Imagine this happening 2-3 years ago.

Last edited:
It was explained in the 83000.......thread that he started.

Yes, Forbes is playing word games with the numbers, that's correct.

Edit. It was "Arming the Taliban" thread. Bleed educated the masses.
Like he educated us on why it was not a massive blunder to abandon Bagram?

We are blessed to have him to educate us.

How were you going to defend Bagram? Six square miles of military base? 2500 troops in the entire country......and 700 were in Kabul.

How were you going to get people to Bagram to fly them out? Kabul is 30 miles away. There's like three roads going in and the Taliban could have cut them off easier than they cut off Kabul airport. You gonna bring troops back in country to defend a base that civilians can't get to? Maybe bomb the Taliban to open the roads and escalate tensions during the withdrawal?

What about the American civilian contractors working there.......at least twice as many as there were troops. You gonna leave them in harm's way?

• Haha
Reactions: Crayfish57
How were you going to defend Bagram? Six square miles of military base? 2500 troops in the entire country......and 700 were in Kabul.

How were you going to get people to Bagram to fly them out? Kabul is 30 miles away. There's like three roads going in and the Taliban could have cut them off easier than they cut off Kabul airport. You gonna bring troops back in country to defend a base that civilians can't get to? Maybe bomb the Taliban to open the roads and escalate tensions during the withdrawal?

What about the American civilian contractors working there.......at least twice as many as there were troops. You gonna leave them in harm's way?

Why are you so afraid to engage the main point? Why do you deflect?

I thought Joe was going to do whatever it took to get every American out by 8/31. He called it a success!?!

sounds like he didn’t meet the expectations that he had set and the American public along with our international allies are holding him accountable

Sadly Joe getting a D resulted in lost lives.

As for Bagram, it would seem to me that it would be easier to defend Bagram than a civilian airport where your President planned a mass evacuation. Perhaps it would have been easier to provide air cover and maybe the Afghanistan forces would have been able to assist with a “real military presence” versus a humanitarian force assisting with a mass evacuation.

and any reason civilian evacuations could have started In May or June? Why would a plan wait until the last 30 days? Knowing the Taliban would be closing in…oh that’s right, Joe didn’t see that coming. But everyone else did.

Last edited:
I thought Joe was going to do whatever it took to get every American out by 8/31. He called it a success!?!

sounds like he didn’t meet the expectations that he had set and the American public along with our international allies are holding him accountable
You know what? It was actually pretty successful. A few people aren't out yet, but by and large the withdrawal worked OK. The terrorist bombing was obviously not good, but there was no scenario in which this withdrawal was going to be flawless.

The point of this post is pure idiocy. The equipment was provided to the Afghan military to defend itself. They didn't. End of story.

Reactions: Bill4411
You know what? It was actually pretty successful. A few people aren't out yet, but by and large the withdrawal worked OK. The terrorist bombing was obviously not good, but there was no scenario in which this withdrawal was going to be flawless.

The point of this post is pure idiocy. The equipment was provided to the Afghan military to defend itself. They didn't. End of story.
Actually I don’t know what. Is that a person, place or thing?

Regarding your “pretty successful” operation…
Maybe you should try telling that to our allies, or the American military families or the families that lost sons and daughters in the botched effort. And to the people that will never make it out of Afghanistan.

better yet, maybe you should go over lend a helping hand in Joe’s “pretty successful” operation. Sorry, but our allies disagree.

Go ahead and try to lower the bar. No, Joe it wasn’t Saigon, it was worse.

"Parliament holds the president in contempt". It describes the criticism as an unprecedented rebuke to a US president.

Last edited:

You are basing your assumptions on the stupidity of the Biden plan.
You keep enough troops to do the job.
You don't let a subdued Taliban March through the Country like a hot knife through butter giving them complete control until you have everyone out you want out.
Asking the Taliban to offer security for the withdrawl of the US assets is like asking the Nazis to oversee the departure of the Jews from Germany.
The Trump plan called for a permanent US controlled air base at Bagram.
That might have been harder to accomplish but I think would have been possible and would have given stability to Afghanistan.

I agree with you that the point of your post is pure idiocy.

It was not necessary for you to point it out, as it was obvious, but maybe it will help you somehow by publicly admitting it. I hope so.

Reactions: FreedomWins

Gee Bob, did you think I was asking you to educate us, knowing as I do that you are incapable of it - as clearly demonstrated by your reply.

No, I was asking BleedinHeart, as I have in several other posts, to educate us again on why abandoning Bagram was not a terrible blunder. BH keeps ducking the question. Is he hiding in your dog house by any chance?

You’re one of the mentally ill white libs on the board. The data backs it up. Anything for the Democrat Party. The party. The party. The party.

I agree with you that the point of your post is pure idiocy.

It was not necessary for you to point it out, as it was obvious, but maybe it will help you somehow by publicly admitting it. I hope so.
LOL, coming from a bottom-of-the-barrel idiot like you, that's a compliment.

Actually I don’t know what. Is that a person, place or thing?

Regarding your “pretty successful” operation…
Maybe you should try telling that to our allies, or the American military families or the families that lost sons and daughters in the botched effort. And to the people that will never make it out of Afghanistan.

better yet, maybe you should go over lend a helping hand in Joe’s “pretty successful” operation. Sorry, but our allies disagree.

Go ahead and try to lower the bar. No, Joe it wasn’t Saigon, it was worse.

"Parliament holds the president in contempt". It describes the criticism as an unprecedented rebuke to a US president.

Wow, this is the very definition of hyperbole. "... wasn't Saigon, it was worse," is just utterly ridiculous. Only in the feverish RWNJ fantasyland is this true.

I won't speak for him about Bagram, I gave my own views. But if you read what he said.......research it for yourself........the 83 billion number includes a hell of a lot more than weapons.......and some of the weapons given to the Afghans is not even available now. But yet you guys are obsessed with the topic, despite the fact that any weapons left behind WON'T BE KILLING AMERICAN SOLDIERS. Isn't that the important issue given your outrage at 13 soldiers being killed by a terrorist attack Who gives a rat's ass?It's a just an argument against Biden......and a dumb one considering the reasonable ones available.

Are you mad we spent the money in the first place.......and now you want a refund or the merchandise returned? That argument should have happened long before now.

• Haha
Wow, this is the very definition of hyperbole. "... wasn't Saigon, it was worse," is just utterly ridiculous. Only in the feverish RWNJ fantasyland is this true.
Hyperbole…coming from someone saying the Afghanistan withdrawal was “pretty successful”. Find out how many people agree with you

Last edited:
Reactions: BoilerMadness
I won't speak for him about Bagram, I gave my own views. But if you read what he said.......research it for yourself........the 83 billion number includes a hell of a lot more than weapons.......and some of the weapons given to the Afghans is not even available now. But yet you guys are obsessed with the topic, despite the fact that any weapons left behind WON'T BE KILLING AMERICAN SOLDIERS. Isn't that the important issue given your outrage at 13 soldiers being killed by a terrorist attack Who gives a rat's ass?It's a just an argument against Biden......and a dumb one considering the reasonable ones available.

Are you mad we spent the money in the first place.......and now you want a refund or the merchandise returned? That argument should have happened long before now.
Bob, I didn't say anything about the weapons. I thought we should not abandon Bagram in case we needed it to evacuate people, which we obviously did, and in case we needed it to a launch air strikes - and if we wanted to bring more people in to launch rescues outside of Kabul.

I thought it was incredibly dumb to give it up before we needed to. Bleed didn't agree, and I wondered if he would now man up and admit he was wildly wrong. Not surprisingly, he is hiding.

Sadly Joe getting a D resulted in lost lives.

As for Bagram, it would seem to me that it would be easier to defend Bagram than a civilian airport where your President planned a mass evacuation. Perhaps it would have been easier to provide air cover and maybe the Afghanistan forces would have been able to assist with a “real military presence” versus a humanitarian force assisting with a mass evacuation.

and any reason civilian evacuations could have started In May or June? Why would a plan wait until the last 30 days? Knowing the Taliban would be closing in…oh that’s right, Joe didn’t see that coming. But everyone else did.
The money left behind as well-

FWIW-after 911 and the early stages of the war I ended up being on an email list from my first cousin Phil who was colonel in the Air Force and previous fighter jet pilot. The email originated from a person that I recognize the last name but includes fighter jet in his email address who had a son that was a surgeon that kept us abreast of what was going on in the medical fields and any repeated field action that could be disclosed back then. My guess is that they most likely know each through the Air Force as both appear to be fighter jet pilots, but the last names could also result in local friends as well. Phil is pushing 90, Butler grad and still sharp. In his mid to low 80s he stopped by somewhere in Ohio and was allowed to fly a jet like he used to fly. I saw the pics and he told me he didn’t do anything other than a few turns and flying upside down and so I’m not sure what he would have liked to do unless it was to push it towards a stall? 😉 Anyway, I found the video attached while trying to search for 2 videos that were MOV files in the email chain and very close to the attached. The conversation appears to be pretty consistent in the forum-

Email to Phil from his friend (who I imagine very well could be pushing 90 as well)… “Attached are two videos -- be sure to watch both. I cannot vouch as to their veracity.”

Phil to me- “I guess it must have been important to depart on the promised deadline. Atta boy Pres”

Me to phil-“ I understand that the guns were left behind as well as planes and helicopters, but where did the money originate and why is it there?”

Phil back to me- “I had previously heard that between 2 & $3 billion had been left there, I think on un-intentionally. It takes MUCH money to pay the help. There are a lot of errors here and questions. I am sure that the military was screaming about the previous drawdown because it would have taken that many troops do defend while we were getting all the supplies and people out of country. And there is no question in my mind that State department was saying everything is going to be just fine (I hope, I hope). Again, in my mind I feel absolutely sure that the military was preparing for a worst-case scenario, as seldom does conflict develop as planned (no I hopes expected). I am guessing that State had high hopes and a deal with the Taliban that would fulfill all agreements. Since Obama it seems that we have had a continuous stream of children leading their country (with the exception of some of Trump's appointments that of course he didn't listen to). I think that pulling everything out was probably time, but Biden’s insistence on the previous troop withdrawal and the rapidity of the final withdrawal operation was an unforgivable error on his part. This didn't need to happen, and I think that's pretty obvious. “

Last edited:
Reactions: SKYDOG
Yeah my cousin's best friend's neighbor's son also has an email list and on it they said Frasier is coming back.
Does Frasier have anything to do with the money or weapons lost and what particular experience or insight does your best friend's neighbors son have relative to the money and weapons lost or did you post on the wrong thread?

Does Frasier have anything to do with the money or weapons lost and what particular experience or insight does your best friend's neighbors son have relative to the money and weapons lost or did you post on the wrong thread?
Ted asked on a different thread for people to remind him what he is doing.

He is like Joe in that way.

Ted asked on a different thread for people to remind him what he is doing.

He is like Joe in that way.
going back to the weapons and money...Forbes had an interesting article.

Here is a snippet-

The War in Afghanistan has always been a black box, but the Biden administration just made matters worse.
According to an admission obtained from the State Department, Biden officials recently directed federal agencies to scrub their websites of official reports detailing the $82.9 billion in military equipment and training provided to the Afghan security forces since 2001.

The scrubbed audits and reports included detailed accounting of what the U.S. had provided to Afghan forces, down to the number of night vision devices, hand grenades, Black Hawk helicopters, and armored vehicles.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT