ADVERTISEMENT

Best Purdue Bar in Chicago

LonestarBoilerFan

Redshirt Freshman
Gold Member
Sep 13, 2017
I will be in Chicago this weekend and was wondering where the best place to catch the game would be. I will be with a few other Purdue Alumni and we would like to go to a Purdue Bar and watch with fellow Boilermakers. When I lived there (many years ago) it was Durkin's, but I hear that is no longer the case. I am reading on Yelp about two places; Waterhouse Tavern & Grill and also Warehouse Bar & Pizzeria. Are these good places or are there better places? I welcome any info from those in the know. Thanks in advance.

oh, the good old Durkin's days with Coach. We used to do early AM bus trips from there to away games during the Brees years. The bar was small, dark and crowded but they were loyal to Purdue for a good while and always had a good game day crowd.

Warehouse Pizzeria has pretty solid pizza but atomosphere for games is kind of tame (older crowd). Fireplace Inn is usually raucous on Saturdays( 20's-30's crowd) with lots of beer specials-great wings or ribs.

Thanks for all the info guys. I really appreciate it. A couple of you mentioned Fireplace. I used to live on Wells just down the street from Fireplace so I have been there several times. I like the atmosphere, but really do not like the food there. I think we may give the Waterhouse Tavern a shot. I have never been there but we hear it gets pretty packed with Purdue fans for games.

Warehouse Pizzeria has pretty solid pizza but atomosphere for games is kind of tame (older crowd). Fireplace Inn is usually raucous on Saturdays( 20's-30's crowd) with lots of beer specials-great wings or ribs.
I was in my 20's once too.... about 20 years ago. I guess I will have to put on my depends, collect my walker, and party at the Warehouse Pizzeria with the rest of us old fogies! LOL! (TIC)

When I was walking to Wrigley for Pearl Jam a couple of weeks ago, one of the bars on Clark had a poster up that said it was a Purdue alumni bar. I think it was called Deuce's? I hadn't heard of it before and also had never noticed it from any alumni publication. The address was probably 35-something-something N Clark. East side of the street. Huge place.

When I was walking to Wrigley for Pearl Jam a couple of weeks ago, one of the bars on Clark had a poster up that said it was a Purdue alumni bar. I think it was called Deuce's? I hadn't heard of it before and also had never noticed it from any alumni publication. The address was probably 35-something-something N Clark. East side of the street. Huge place.

Right you are! There is a Duece's bar right by Wrigley. I was there earlier in the spring, but I don't remember anything mentioning it was a Purdue bar.

I still like the Fireplace Inn.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT