ADVERTISEMENT

Bat Signal - 06/25

Darius Robinson should be committing tomorrow (no idea if it is us or not). We also just offered a long snapper that could be looking to commit.

I would love to land Darius Robinson. He has continues to climb the ranks and looks like a dominant player.

Didn't make a top 7. I feel like I just relapsed into the Haze era seeing Toledo make a top list and Purdue not do it!

It makes sense as we have 3 DEs already committed, but I thought he had the frame to move to DT and be dominant.
My guess is the most recent one will move inside. Especially given the other players at the position we are chasing.

Didn't make a top 7. I feel like I just relapsed into the Haze era seeing Toledo make a top list and Purdue not do it!

It makes sense as we have 3 DEs already committed, but I thought he had the frame to move to DT and be dominant.

Which DE doesn’t have the frame to play DT? Pretty sure every DE we recruit has someone saying he can play DT, including our best one in GK. The way it’s going I’m not even sure if we’ll have any DE’s, seems like we’ll just roll with 15 DT’s once they all bulk up...

I guess then of course we could bulk up the WR’s to play DE, so we have someone there. But no matter what we can’t play any players at the position we recruit them for.

Holy cow, man!

There are any number of reasons for kids screening colleges: Location/proximity; areas of study; connections with coaching staff; etc.

I hate to break it to you, but we're still offering players who don't have offers from elite programs.

We're also getting commitments from players who DO have offers from elite programs.

Moral of the story? Don't judge a player (or coaching staff) based on the opinions of others.

Reactions: krf3632
Holy cow, man!

There are any number of reasons for kids screening colleges: Location/proximity; areas of study; connections with coaching staff; etc.

I hate to break it to you, but we're still offering players who don't have offers from elite programs.

We're also getting commitments from players who DO have offers from elite programs.

Moral of the story? Don't judge a player (or coaching staff) based on the opinions of others.

Relax. You literally broke nothing to me and clearly have read none of my other posts. But, I'll break it down for you, it was TIC. I have been spoiled recently with all of the lists and I really wanted Robinson.

I still want Weaver. That would be five defensive ends (although they all have versatility and could all play at the same time since they can all play multiple positions.) Tiller used to take the best athletes he could and find a spot for them. I am fully on board with that philosophy. Just have to be able to sell it to th recruits, and so far Brohm has been doing a great job.

No, I am not honestly bagging on CJB for missing a top list. This is already the best recruiting class Purdue has had in 10+ years.

Which DE doesn’t have the frame to play DT? Pretty sure every DE we recruit has someone saying he can play DT, including our best one in GK. The way it’s going I’m not even sure if we’ll have any DE’s, seems like we’ll just roll with 15 DT’s once they all bulk up...

I guess then of course we could bulk up the WR’s to play DE, so we have someone there. But no matter what we can’t play any players at the position we recruit them for.
No way Karlaftis moves inside. He’s too skilled to not play DE.

Darius Robinson should be committing tomorrow (no idea if it is us or not). We also just offered a long snapper that could be looking to commit.

I would love to land Darius Robinson. He has continues to climb the ranks and looks like a dominant player.
Nathan Weneta is the long snapper

I like the fact the poster above said preferred walk-on. That would supposedly make 2 preferred walk-ons in the past week. if we have a scholarship to give, they may prove worthy of it. This also allows flexibility to continue pursuing other recruits who want to wait.

Spring game results are largely worthless when evaluating a player's potential to contribute in the fall.
Not speaking specifically about just the game-he held down the position on his own for 15 practices. He will make an impact on special teams this fall too

Not speaking specifically about just the game-he held down the position on his own for 15 practices. He will make an impact on special teams this fall too

Worhsip and Fuller missed all of spring practice and they held Knox back. Someone had to get the carries. Doesnt mean that will translate to reps in teh fall.

Relax. You literally broke nothing to me and clearly have read none of my other posts. But, I'll break it down for you, it was TIC. I have been spoiled recently with all of the lists and I really wanted Robinson.

I still want Weaver. That would be five defensive ends (although they all have versatility and could all play at the same time since they can all play multiple positions.) Tiller used to take the best athletes he could and find a spot for them. I am fully on board with that philosophy. Just have to be able to sell it to th recruits, and so far Brohm has been doing a great job.

No, I am not honestly bagging on CJB for missing a top list. This is already the best recruiting class Purdue has had in 10+ years.

There's no reason for me to relax. I'm more chilled than you. (j/k)

But, if you want it taken TIC, it might help to note it TIC.

I think we're on the same page. It's all good.

By the way, I'm firmly believe Tiller's success was due to taking some of the best athletes and putting them on the defensive side of the ball.

some nice info from the linked web site on Weneta. he has a 4.5 GPA and a 4.96 40 time. he was rated as a Div 1/2 prospect.

I would agree if any walk-on deserved a leftover scholarship, it should go to a senior who's been with the program through all its hardships.

That and a steak dinner at St Elmo's and a spa visit after living through the past coaching staff

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT