ADVERTISEMENT

<B1G Tourney> Purdue vs. Minnesota: Predictions & Game Thread

His back must not of hurt that much by he way he was moving around.....not buying that BS as reason he shot his usual percentage .....been shooting like a dumpster fire for several games now.....4-17...good god....if his damn back hurt that much then why does he once again feel he needs to lead the team in shots taken...6 to's to boot. Our worst shooter over the past month taking the last shot......

We apparently learned nothing from the last game with Minny. Waited until too late in the game to bring Williams in with Haarms even though they weren't in foul trouble. Jacked up too many 3s even though we could score at will in the post. Not a COY type of game from Painter.
I rarely agree with you but you’re spot on here.

His back must not of hurt that much by he way he was moving around.....not buying that BS as reason he shot his usual percentage .....been shooting like a dumpster fire for several games now.....4-16...good god....if his damn back hurt that much then why does he once again feel he needs to lead the team in shots taken...6 to's to boot. Our worst shooter over the past month taking the last shot......
It was clearly hurting him. I blame coach for not calling a timeout there.

But I don’t care about the BTT. I wanted to win tonight for the 3 seed. We may still get it. If he’s really hurt, give him a week of rest.

It was clearly hurting him. I blame coach for not calling a timeout there.

But I don’t care about the BTT. I wanted to win tonight for the 3 seed. We may still get it. If he’s really hurt, give him a week of rest.

The three seed is gone. It isn't coming back after losing 2 out of the last 3 games.

Reactions: cjf04
I hope painter is assuming Edwards will break out of his slump because goddamn he has been just awful and there is no reason for him to be playing the minutes he is. I don’t care. He shoots 30% and turns the ball over 6 times a game.

I agree Eifert was bad. I’m not sure why Wheeler didn’t play much in the second half or why we didn’t go twin towers earlier. If Edwards is in fact injured, at least we have time to get healthy.

I assume I won’t be going to Hartford on Thursday now.
Not sure about Wheeler. Was wondering the same. Tre is still out of shape and only plays 2-3 minutes at a time.

Positive the balanced scoring, but you can call it an excuse but 3 fouls 19+ minutes into second cmon there is no way. I am ready for some non big ten officials....may be worst but I'd chance it

Well....I suppose we should be thankful referees don’t get to vote for COY or we’d have lost out on that too!

I hope painter is assuming Edwards will break out of his slump because goddamn he has been just awful and there is no reason for him to be playing the minutes he is. I don’t care. He shoots 30% and turns the ball over 6 times a game.

It's no longer a slump. It's been happening since late January. He just isn't making good decisions.

I don't get the sense of entitlement some Purdue fans carry around. We lose a game and they just can't hold their bowels.

Before this season started, Minnesota was pencilled in as one of the top teams in the BIG. Is it that much of a surprise they won tonight with our best player down with back issues?

Reactions: Roeder
Well, no more BT tournament games for me now. We will see Sunday where we go in the Big Dance.

Should have known it was going to be one of those days after I saw Tiger Woods dunk two in the pond on 17......I'm still holding out hope Purdue gets a #3 and heads out WEST. I know.....put down the bottle.

I don't get the sense of entitlement some Purdue fans carry around. We lose a game and they just can't hold their bowels.

Before this season started, Minnesota was pencilled in as one of the top teams in the BIG. Is it that much of a surprise they won tonight with our best player down with back issues?

Just stop with the excuses already. This team played poorly and our coach couldn't recognize matchup problems, nor reel in his "star" player. Now you're saying a 9-10 conference team is all of a sudden top tier in the conference? Please...

We are still OK. Do any of us think we are more than a S16 team this year? We should get there regardless of 3 or 4. I was just hoping for Hartford.

Agreed, we are Sweet 16 at best. And if I look back at what this team accomplished, they overachieved and were probably overrated. It's not a terrible season by any stretch. Look forward to the infusion of talent next year.

Really? At what point do you guys admit that he just isn’t that good, he makes terrible decisions, he hasn’t had a solid game since my kids weren’t potty trained....and they’ve been in the big potty for a while. There are 8 other players in the rotation and they are shooting better from the field with less turnovers...

Reactions: purduepat1969

Lost a game we should have won.....Most have a right to be pissed!! CE shooting his usual bad 4-17 from the floor. He is now shooting close to 30% overall the past month and a half now. But yet continues to lead the team in shots taken and painter doesn't do a f*&** thing about it. The main reason we lost was a certain player shot yet another pathetic 4-17 from the field. No if's and or but's about it. Tired of hearing about the FU(*()) && refs everytime we lose....

I didn't even see this one! Add it to the list. Obviously, it was CE's fault for letting himself get fouled. CMP is responsible to. Sadly, this what some "fans" would have you believe.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT