ADVERTISEMENT

Are You better off today than 4 years ago?

Boiler Buck

All-American
Mar 11, 2010
Just got back from the new Reagan movie. Pretty good imo. Noted, I am a huge Reagan fan. His wisdom took me from a 3rd generation Dem to now voting mostly Republican.

A key line.... "Are you better off today, than 4 years ago?"

And for me, not close. As this admin has cost me over $37,500 in extra expenses these past 4 years with high grocery, insurance, gas & energy prices. Even had to dip into my retirement account a bit. That wasn't the plan. Way less vacations & travel.

I imagine this is the case across most American families. Hopefully reasonable people admit that, and vote accordingly.

Reactions: TheGunner
Just got back from the new Reagan movie. Pretty good imo. Noted, I am a huge Reagan fan. His wisdom took me from a 3rd generation Dem to now voting mostly Republican.

A key line.... "Are you better off today, than 4 years ago?"

And for me, not close. As this admin has cost me over $37,500 in extra expenses these past 4 years with high grocery, insurance, gas & energy prices. Even had to dip into my retirement account a bit. That wasn't the plan. Way less vacations & travel.

I imagine this is the case across most American families. Hopefully reasonable people admit that, and vote accordingly.
Umm, four years ago we were in the middle of a raging pandemic. People were dying left and right and the economy was cratering.

I’ve seen you throw out this $30k something number before (this one is higher than other ones though, so call me even more skeptical), without of course quantifying it.

It’s such a shitty form of gaslighting that I’m mad at myself for even responding, let alone reading it. But at a bare minimum, pick a number and stick with it.

• Haha
Reactions: Indy_Rider
Umm, four years ago we were in the middle of a raging pandemic. People were dying left and right and the economy was cratering.

I’ve seen you throw out this $30k something number before (this one is higher than other ones though, so call me even more skeptical), without of course quantifying it.

It’s such a shitty form of gaslighting that I’m mad at myself for even responding, let alone reading it. But at a bare minimum, pick a number and stick with it.
For the average family, Biden induced inflation costs the average family $17k/yr

BTW, thank you Donald Trump for the COVID vaccine that stopped the pandemic.

For the average family, Biden induced inflation costs the average family $17k/yr

Found it funny that one of the board Dums on here couldn't understand why the cost of Bidenomics financial number I post is not the same number, BUT goes up over time as the expensive months go by. I am sure he wasn't trying to look like a dolt, but sometimes that is just hard to hide. LOL

Last edited:
I am, but that's because both me and my wife changed jobs.
Wife's old boss recruited her to her new company and made her an offer she couldn't resist. I converted over from a contractor, though my job could become very tedious if the Dems win the Whitehouse again since I work on those disgusting, dirty diesel engines.

So, I would put as yes, in spite of the current administration, not because of them.

Reactions: Boiler Buck
I am, but that's because both me and my wife changed jobs.
Wife's old boss recruited her to her new company and made her an offer she couldn't resist. I converted over from a contractor, though my job could become very tedious if the Dems win the Whitehouse again since I work on those disgusting, dirty diesel engines.

So, I would put as yes, in spite of the current administration, not because of them.

Congrats. Hope it works out for both of you.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT