ADVERTISEMENT

Are we going to hear from the president?

It’s not even close to how the left felt about Obama but that’s a nice try at whataboutism bud.

It was not whataboutism, not even directly about Obama, but the basis of the comment of loving Trump is projection. Basic psychology.

Langston Hughes words of 85 years ago are the seemingly prescient poetic description of the underlying situation leading to current events

Let America be America again.
Let it be the dream it used to be.
Let it be the pioneer on the plain
Seeking a home where he himself is free.

(America never was America to me.)

Let America be the dream the dreamers dreamed—
Let it be that great strong land of love
Where never kings connive nor tyrants scheme
That any man be crushed by one above.

(It never was America to me.)

O, let my land be a land where Liberty
Is crowned with no false patriotic wreath,
But opportunity is real, and life is free,
Equality is in the air we breathe.

(There's never been equality for me,
Nor freedom in this "homeland of the free.")

Say, who are you that mumbles in the dark?
And who are you that draws your veil across the stars?

I am the poor white, fooled and pushed apart,
I am the Negro bearing slavery's scars.
I am the red man driven from the land,
I am the immigrant clutching the hope I seek—
And finding only the same old stupid plan
Of dog eat dog, of mighty crush the weak.

I am the young man, full of strength and hope,
Tangled in that ancient endless chain
Of profit, power, gain, of grab the land!
Of grab the gold! Of grab the ways of satisfying need!
Of work the men! Of take the pay!
Of owning everything for one's own greed!

I am the farmer, bondsman to the soil.
I am the worker sold to the machine.
I am the Negro, servant to you all.
I am the people, humble, hungry, mean—
Hungry yet today despite the dream.
Beaten yet today—O, Pioneers!
I am the man who never got ahead,
The poorest worker bartered through the years.

Yet I'm the one who dreamt our basic dream
In the Old World while still a serf of kings,
Who dreamt a dream so strong, so brave, so true,
That even yet its mighty daring sings
In every brick and stone, in every furrow turned
That's made America the land it has become.
O, I'm the man who sailed those early seas
In search of what I meant to be my home—
For I'm the one who left dark Ireland's shore,
And Poland's plain, and England's grassy lea,
And torn from Black Africa's strand I came
To build a "homeland of the free."

The free?

Who said the free? Not me?
Surely not me? The millions on relief today?
The millions shot down when we strike?
The millions who have nothing for our pay?
For all the dreams we've dreamed
And all the songs we've sung
And all the hopes we've held
And all the flags we've hung,
The millions who have nothing for our pay—
Except the dream that's almost dead today.

O, let America be America again—
The land that never has been yet—
And yet must be—the land where every man is free.
The land that's mine—the poor man's, Indian's, Negro's, ME—
Who made America,
Whose sweat and blood, whose faith and pain,
Whose hand at the foundry, whose plow in the rain,
Must bring back our mighty dream again.

Sure, call me any ugly name you choose—
The steel of freedom does not stain.
From those who live like leeches on the people's lives,
We must take back our land again,
America!

O, yes,
I say it plain,
America never was America to me,
And yet I swear this oath—
America will be!

Out of the rack and ruin of our gangster death,
The rape and rot of graft, and stealth, and lies,
We, the people, must redeem
The land, the mines, the plants, the rivers.
The mountains and the endless plain—
All, all the stretch of these great green states—
And make America again!

So now we're speculating on what his wife thinks to ensure we can degrade the president? You're getting in deep on this one.
Anything to promote the liberal agenda. Heck, I just heard that Barron's put himself into foster care because he doesn't want to be associated with such a vile and corrupt bastard. And have you heard that Pence showers four times a day to scrub the POTUS stank off? And rumor has it that POTUS is having sex with Maxine Waters on the sly?

No like Trump, you're never wrong. That's likely why you love and defend him.
If you take the time to look around, you'll see that there are several times where I admitted I was wrong, AND I've criticized Trump for things he's done. Like the movement of the protestors so he could take his photo op. Now they just said that Trump didn't know that they had to move protestors and that Barr was the one responsible, but that shouldn't completely absolve him. He's the President.

If governors did their job he wouldn't have to tell them what to do. That's not shifting blame that's delegating. It absolutely is the job of governors to keep the peace in their states first. I'm not sure what you're referring to on the Covid front because I don't see the failure that you do. IMO that's probably more of a media issue than an actual failure.

As far as soothing the country, I agree. He needs to be presidential.

But again, he's NOT their boss. Governors do not report to the President. He can certainly offer to help...but it's not his job to boss them around. Things like saying the world is laughing at Minnesota for letting things get out of hand, or saying we need to revisit burning the flag as a crime -- that's not productive. When a governor suggested that there needs to be national leadership call for calm and acknowledge the protesters, Trump's response was that that governor handled COVID19 poorly. Again, not productive.

As for public, he just hasn't done anything. Today the White House is comparing his photo op the other day to Churchill walking around London after being bombed in WW2. That's just delusional.

Have links for this?

Of course there would be no need for the Civil Rights act of 1964 if Democrats didn't subvert the Civil Rights Act of 1866 by passing Jim Crow laws. The civil rights act of 1964 had a higher percentage of Republicans that voted in favor than Democrats.

You seem to have stopped studying history after the Civil Rights Act passage of the 1960's then, which was coincidentally passed by a democratic president, from Texas, of all places: LBJ. Maybe you have heard of him? He followed through on JFK's dream, who also was a democrat from a family of Irish immigrants who were also subjugated to the bigotries of the 1800's.

And yet, some republicans still try to claim that JFK would have been a republican today. jfc Your minds are so twisted, and today's GOP suffers from a complete identity crisis, and here is why.

FYI, there has been a complete re-polarization of the parties after that CRA of 1964 was passed. Some "GOP" hangers-on of today still think today's republicans hold the high ground on that legislation, which would hold some truth, had the democrats who opposed the CRA not switched parties, AND instead, were welcomed with open arms by the GOP starting with Nixon's southern strategy of 1968, and later followed up with Reagan's southern strategy of 1980 and the vision and advice of his campaign advisor Lee Atwood. Since then, they have subverted the 1964 CRA at every chance they have been given, not to mention the subversion of the Voter Rights Acts of 1964 and 1965. Of course, this was assisted by the Radical SCOTUS of today.

You should read up on Lee Atwood and HIS southern strategy that he utilized in order to beat Jimmy Carter, a modern southern democrat. Fortunately for him I guess, Lee decided to come clean with Jesus, on his deathbed. Good for him, I guess, but today's GOP still has not had their Come-to-Jesus moment. Maybe it might be coming now? Even Pat Robertson is calling out Trump for his behaviour. A little late, but one can always hope for the best.

I guess that's why the GOP of today is largely considered today's racist party, like their democratic ancestors were considered over a century ago, but I digress. If you don't believe me, then please explain why the Solid South of the Confederacy who were democrats, NOW solidly support today's GOP. Southern Democrats of the Civil War Era were largely the American aristocracy who didn't care for the working man. Working people were to be exploited, for the well being of the aristocracy was their philosophy. And, given the priorities of today's GOP and their anti-union (anti-worker) policies, it looks like the re-polarization of the parties did become complete, largely under the guidance of President Reagan after his election in 1980 and his anti-union policies.

You really need to study up a little more than what you apparently have. The CRA of 1866 was pushed by the Radical Republicans (look it up) which was a good thing, but when they started to reorganize between 1964 and 1968, after Goldwater's disaster, they unknowingly went searching for a new identity and began to reclaim the moniker of Radical Republicans, but this time, it was for the wrong reasons. And to add further proof of that, the Old South's Jim Crow laws have now become today's radical republican voter suppression laws.

No wonder the party has an identification problem and so many former members are becoming RINO's. They freed the African Americans so they could vote, and now they try to restrict their rights to vote. :confused:

To summarize; if you want to extoll the advances of the 1860's republicans, you might want to also question their actions of today. They aren't the same people, or party. Just a suggestion.

I'm waiting for a statement from Wayne LaPierre about the tyranny of government.
Yep. One would expect to see members of the Michigan and Ohio Militias plus units of the Oath Keepers et al forming the nation's vanguard rallying to descend on D.C. and fight said tyranny.

I'm starting to wonder if they have gone AWOL?

Reactions: Mr_Scott and indy35
I'm waiting for a statement from Wayne LaPierre about the tyranny of government.
Yep. One would expect to see members of the Michigan, Ohio, and Virginia Militias plus units of the Oath Keepers et al forming the nation's vanguard rallying to descend on D.C. and fight said tyranny.

I'm starting to wonder if they have gone AWOL?

But again, he's NOT their boss. Governors do not report to the President. He can certainly offer to help...but it's not his job to boss them around. Things like saying the world is laughing at Minnesota for letting things get out of hand, or saying we need to revisit burning the flag as a crime -- that's not productive. When a governor suggested that there needs to be national leadership call for calm and acknowledge the protesters, Trump's response was that that governor handled COVID19 poorly. Again, not productive.

As for public, he just hasn't done anything. Today the White House is comparing his photo op the other day to Churchill walking around London after being bombed in WW2. That's just delusional.
I never said governors report to the president. But it is the Presidents job to ensure the security of the country and it IS the governors job to ensure the security of their state. There is nothing wrong with what Trump did in advising them how to handle the situation other than the fact that you just don't want to give him credit for anything.

I've said all along that Trump could have a better visual presence. I think what he was trying to do with the photo op was to signal to America that he's with them and won't back down or something. IMO he missed the mark pretty big. I think that he needs to find someone that can advise him better at the visual part of the job because his instincts are not good. If you guys could get past the visual part though, you will see that his policies and actions actually aren't that bad. In fact a lot of it is down right great.

My recommendation to you is, if you really want to hate on the man stop focusing on the up front stuff and dig deep into his actions and policies. You might just find that there is something worth not loathing over.

My recommendation to you is, if you really want to hate on the man stop focusing on the up front stuff and dig deep into his actions and policies. You might just find that there is something worth not loathing over
For out of the abundance of the heart, the mouth speaketh. Matt 12:34

I never said governors report to the president. But it is the Presidents job to ensure the security of the country and it IS the governors job to ensure the security of their state. There is nothing wrong with what Trump did in advising them how to handle the situation other than the fact that you just don't want to give him credit for anything.

I've said all along that Trump could have a better visual presence. I think what he was trying to do with the photo op was to signal to America that he's with them and won't back down or something. IMO he missed the mark pretty big. I think that he needs to find someone that can advise him better at the visual part of the job because his instincts are not good. If you guys could get past the visual part though, you will see that his policies and actions actually aren't that bad. In fact a lot of it is down right great.

My recommendation to you is, if you really want to hate on the man stop focusing on the up front stuff and dig deep into his actions and policies. You might just find that there is something worth not loathing over.

Yeah, I didn't mean for you to take that as you don't know that. I'm simply saying Trump thinks that! However, telling a governor that the world is laughing at you (i.e. dictators who strictly rule their citizens) is not "advising" them.

If he wants to bring all the governors together and say here's what my plan is at the federal level (including public facing), and I'd love to hear from you on what you've found to be successful to help other states -- sure, that's helpful.

Getting governors on the phone and telling them their COVID response stunk or people are laughing at you -- what is productive about that?

You tell me to focus on actions and policies....but that's exactly what's missing. I'm not talking about how his pants are 10 sizes too big for him and his spray tan sucks. I'm telling him to try and actually work with people vs. tell them what to do and if they dare suggest something that the federal government can do better, he immediately insults them and has a tantrum.

Maybe you should direct that advice to him?

You seem to have stopped studying history after the Civil Rights Act passage of the 1960's then, which was coincidentally passed by a democratic president, from Texas, of all places: LBJ. Maybe you have heard of him? He followed through on JFK's dream, who also was a democrat from a family of Irish immigrants who were also subjugated to the bigotries of the 1800's.

And yet, some republicans still try to claim that JFK would have been a republican today. jfc Your minds are so twisted, and today's GOP suffers from a complete identity crisis, and here is why.

FYI, there has been a complete re-polarization of the parties after that CRA of 1964 was passed. Some "GOP" hangers-on of today still think today's republicans hold the high ground on that legislation, which would hold some truth, had the democrats who opposed the CRA not switched parties, AND instead, were welcomed with open arms by the GOP starting with Nixon's southern strategy of 1968, and later followed up with Reagan's southern strategy of 1980 and the vision and advice of his campaign advisor Lee Atwood. Since then, they have subverted the 1964 CRA at every chance they have been given, not to mention the subversion of the Voter Rights Acts of 1964 and 1965. Of course, this was assisted by the Radical SCOTUS of today.

You should read up on Lee Atwood and HIS southern strategy that he utilized in order to beat Jimmy Carter, a modern southern democrat. Fortunately for him I guess, Lee decided to come clean with Jesus, on his deathbed. Good for him, I guess, but today's GOP still has not had their Come-to-Jesus moment. Maybe it might be coming now? Even Pat Robertson is calling out Trump for his behaviour. A little late, but one can always hope for the best.

I guess that's why the GOP of today is largely considered today's racist party, like their democratic ancestors were considered over a century ago, but I digress. If you don't believe me, then please explain why the Solid South of the Confederacy who were democrats, NOW solidly support today's GOP. Southern Democrats of the Civil War Era were largely the American aristocracy who didn't care for the working man. Working people were to be exploited, for the well being of the aristocracy was their philosophy. And, given the priorities of today's GOP and their anti-union (anti-worker) policies, it looks like the re-polarization of the parties did become complete, largely under the guidance of President Reagan after his election in 1980 and his anti-union policies.

You really need to study up a little more than what you apparently have. The CRA of 1866 was pushed by the Radical Republicans (look it up) which was a good thing, but when they started to reorganize between 1964 and 1968, after Goldwater's disaster, they unknowingly went searching for a new identity and began to reclaim the moniker of Radical Republicans, but this time, it was for the wrong reasons. And to add further proof of that, the Old South's Jim Crow laws have now become today's radical republican voter suppression laws.

No wonder the party has an identification problem and so many former members are becoming RINO's. They freed the African Americans so they could vote, and now they try to restrict their rights to vote. :confused:

To summarize; if you want to extoll the advances of the 1860's republicans, you might want to also question their actions of today. They aren't the same people, or party. Just a suggestion.
On "Nixon's Southern Strategy" This is what was in the 1970 NY Times article.

Phillips had one conspicuous campaign success—the urging of an Outer South Strategy aimed at capturing Florida, Tennessee, North Carolina and Virginia, as opposed to the Deep South Strategy that had carried Wallace territory for Goldwater in 1964, but at the cost of frightening away millions of potential voters else where.

My argument was this: Your outer Southerners who live in the Ozark and Appalachian mountain ranges and in the Piedmont upcountry—and now in urban‐suburban Florida and Texas—have always had different interests than the Negrophobe plantation owners of the Black Belt. This is a less extreme conservative group. It adheres with other Republican constituencies across the country and can be appealed to without fragmenting the coalition. When you are after political converts, start with the less extreme and wait for the extremists to come into line when their alternatives collapse.”

He later said:

“This is not a strategy or a blueprint,” insists Phillips, “just the deciphering of an inexorable trend that will run its course and then be displaced by a new cycle whose origins are already with us, somewhere.”

I would think that pretty much blows up the Southern Strategy narrative.

I've never heard of Lee Atwood before and find his audio clip I just heard appalling. Makes me wonder how much his views were known to his peers. Find it very hard to believe it was known wide spread.

I am aware of SOME people trying to restrict voting rights back in the 60's, however I will still note that the Civil Rights Act of 1964 and Voting Rights of 1965 still had a higher percentage of votes by Republicans. Racism I think has always had some grip in the party. It's hard not to when you have so many people in its ranks. Some people will favor certain policy over feelings of others. That said, racism still has never been a major tenant of the Republican party. There's just no evidence for that. You can take outliers and try to paint an entire party, but that's about all they have, and politicians are using that to their full advantage. Also, this notion that having a state ID to vote is suppressing black votes is also BS. This is again, Left politicians taking some aspects of the recent past and saying that we're at it again. It's just not true. What it does is prevent illegal aliens from voting, which Democrats don't want, and which has been proven to be happening now that some states are finally looking into it.

In regards to Kennedy. If you didn't know who was saying this, what party would you think this message was coming from?

I don't know if I would totally say he'd be a Republican now, I'd have to look into it more. However, their claims aren't totally baseless.

Last edited:
Yeah, I didn't mean for you to take that as you don't know that. I'm simply saying Trump thinks that! However, telling a governor that the world is laughing at you (i.e. dictators who strictly rule their citizens) is not "advising" them.

If he wants to bring all the governors together and say here's what my plan is at the federal level (including public facing), and I'd love to hear from you on what you've found to be successful to help other states -- sure, that's helpful.

Getting governors on the phone and telling them their COVID response stunk or people are laughing at you -- what is productive about that?

You tell me to focus on actions and policies....but that's exactly what's missing. I'm not talking about how his pants are 10 sizes too big for him and his spray tan sucks. I'm telling him to try and actually work with people vs. tell them what to do and if they dare suggest something that the federal government can do better, he immediately insults them and has a tantrum.

Maybe you should direct that advice to him?
How can you say what Trump thinks? He's telling governors what to do, sure, but what he's telling them is based off of history and what worked in the past. Many of these governors apparently don't know that based on how they acted. Because of these actions (or more like inaction's), cities are burning.

You have to remember that Trump was a businessman, not a politician. Businessmen do and delegate. They aren't worried about handing down memos or talking in front of the employees for approval. That's why you get a lot of fallacies about businessmen and business in general in today's society. It's not something you just flip a switch and do. That's where he needs someone guiding him on the up front aspect. His twitter needs an editor and he needs to fix his public speaking.

Last edited:
I also found this on Wiki:

Atwater: As to the whole Southern strategy that Harry S. Dent, Sr. and others put together in 1968, opposition to the Voting Rights Act would have been a central part of keeping the South. Now you don't have to do that. All that you need to do to keep the South is for Reagan to run in place on the issues that he's campaigned on since 1964, and that's fiscal conservatism, balancing the budget, cut taxes, you know, the whole cluster.

Questioner: But the fact is, isn't it, that Reagan does get to the Wallace voter and to the racist side of the Wallace voter by doing away with legal services, by cutting down on food stamps?

Atwater: Y'all don't quote me on this. You start out in 1954 by saying, "(N-word), (N-word), (N-word)". By 1968 you can't say "(N-word)"—that hurts you. Backfires. So you say stuff like forced busing, states' rights and all that stuff. You're getting so abstract now [that] you're talking about cutting taxes, and all these things you're talking about are totally economic things and a byproduct of them is [that] blacks get hurt worse than whites. And subconsciously maybe that is part of it. I'm not saying that. But I'm saying that if it is getting that abstract, and that coded, that we are doing away with the racial problem one way or the other. You follow me—because obviously sitting around saying, "We want to cut this", is much more abstract than even the busing thing, and a hell of a lot more abstract than "(N-word), (N-word)". So, any way you look at it, race is coming on the backbone.[11][12][13]

Atwater also argued that Reagan did not need to make racial appeals, suggesting that Reagan's issues transcended the racial prism of the "Southern Strategy":

Atwater: But Reagan did not have to do a southern strategy for two reasons. Number one, race was not a dominant issue. And number two, the mainstream issues in this campaign had been, quote, southern issues since way back in the sixties. So Reagan goes out and campaigns on the issues of economics and of national defense. The whole campaign was devoid of any kind of racism, any kind of reference. And I'll tell you another thing you all need to think about, that even surprised me, is the lack of interest, really, the lack of knowledge right now in the South among white voters about the Voting Rights Act.[14]

This read to me that in the 1960's (1968), there was a Southern Strategy to pick up votes by suppressing voting rights ONLY to be able to keep the south. I understand why they were trying to do it (dominate politically) but the means were wrong.

Also, it says to me that this was NOT a strategy of Regan. He didn't have to because the south was becoming economically Conservative and less racist (because the voting rights issue was a non issue).

Edit: There's also audio clips of the full interview where he clearly says that by 1970 it was accepted that even coded racism was dying out and no longer an issue. The former racists were dying out and the general population no longer cared about it.

So no, Nixon NOR Regan used "racist" dog whistles. These are made up smears by Leftist historians.

Last edited:
In reference to Lee Atwater's "deathbed confession" this is what I found:

"Lee Atwater's message to America and the world is that repentance precedes being born again and entering the kingdom of God," he said. He referred to the regrets that Mr. Atwater had expressed about what he did to Mr. Dukakis and other unfairly treated opponents in the past.

Nothing about the Southern Strategy, racism or anything of the like. The article I gleaned this quote from brought up Southern Strategy, but I think I've shown plenty of evidence that it is a dubious theory at best.

How can you say what Trump thinks? He's telling governors what to do, sure, but what he's telling them is based off of history and what worked in the past. Many of these governors apparently don't know that based on how they acted. Because of these actions (or more like inaction's), cities are burning.

You have to remember that Trump was a businessman, not a politician. Businessmen do and delegate. They aren't worried about handing down memos or talking in front of the employees for approval. That's why you get a lot of fallacies about businessmen and business in general in today's society. It's not something you just flip a switch and do. That's where he needs someone guiding him on the up front aspect. His twitter needs an editor and he needs to fix his public speaking.

What in the....

Did you actually listen to the call? He has NO idea what he's talking about. With COVID, the guy literally suggested SERIOUSLY that we look into shining light in people's bodies and injecting with bleach.

But yes, he totally uses history and what's worked in the past to guide his conference calls. Good lord. The guy doesn't even read his national security briefing.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT