ADVERTISEMENT

Are there any minority candidates being considered for the IU job?

TC4THREE

All-American
Mar 20, 2002
Just curious. None of the names I'm hearing seem to be.

Stevens
Beilein
Beard
Matta
Drew
Oats
Alford
Moser
Musselman
Altman
Fife
Pope
Few
Bennett

Shaka Smart according to a source that I trust is someone they want. I'm not one to post stuff like this, but a buddy that is connected said Stevens, Smart, Beilein are the 3 guys that top the list.

Dakich mentioned Keith Smart or Mike Woodson with M Lewis as assistant to either.
Then there's Kelvin Sampson!

Shaka Smart according to a source that I trust is someone they want. I'm not one to post stuff like this, but a buddy that is connected said Stevens, Smart, Beilein are the 3 guys that top the list.

So two guys that they can not get and one guy that left college because he was sick of recruiting.

Yeap, that is the delusion I expect from IU.

So two guys that they can not get and one guy that left college because he was sick of recruiting.

For the sake of many I hope they get who they want. This is extremely important to some and hope the general consensus results in the satisfaction of hiring a priority "they deserve" for a "blue blood". I know people that told me that when ARchie was hired...that Purdue may never win again. IU will win again in the future. Still so far my mind races to a fable many were exposed as a youngster as somewhat likely . ;)

Let's say they do get Stevens and 5 years from now their recruiting hasn't really changed much, they still lose three out of four to Purdue, they average a 5th place B1G finish, and get to a Sweet 16 once in 5 years. Clearly not the miracle they expect. What then?

Reactions: Level 42
Let's say they do get Stevens and 5 years from now their recruiting hasn't really changed much, they still lose three out of four to Purdue, they average a 5th place B1G finish, and get to a Sweet 16 once in 5 years. Clearly not the miracle they expect. What then?
What then? They leave the conference since it clearly is stacked against them.

They're not getting Stevens, the other two I wouldn't say are off limits. Wanting someone and getting are two different things, I agree 100% with that.

Mike Woodson?Didnt he get fired in the NBA?And hes about 63 years old.He would likely be better than Isiah Thomas or Pat Knight but that isnt saying much.

Mike Woodson?Didnt he get fired in the NBA?And hes about 63 years old.He would likely be better than Isiah Thomas or Pat Knight but that isnt saying much.
To the point of the thread and initial post...those two do not even appear on any list...nor does Keith Smart, who has had some advocate for him.

The fact that none of those individuals names appears on any list, is a problem in and of itself...sort of the point of this thread.

Personally, I'm hoping for Brian Cardinal as IU's next head coach assisted by Carson Cunningham, Chris Kramer, and Chris Kramer's Mom.

But that's only because Matt Painter would never leave Purdue for IU, but I wish he would. He's a great coach imho.

Personally, I'm hoping for Brian Cardinal as IU's next head coach assisted by Carson Cunningham, Chris Kramer, and Chris Kramer's Mom.

But that's only because Matt Painter would never leave Purdue for IU, but I wish he would. He's a great coach imho.

So no minority candidates right? Apparently IU can accept minority players but can't be bothered to even consider a minority coach?

We honestly have no clue about who they're looking at. I'd think they'd go after the best candidate like I'd do if hiring someone.

It is telling if they don't think there are any minority candidates worth even considering.

It is telling if they don't think there are any minority candidates worth even considering.
As I said, you nor I have a clue as to whom they're talking to. If Brad Stevens were to agree to coach IU, I can't think of many others that would top that hire. Can you name someone that you have in mind they should go after?

As I said, you nor I have a clue as to whom they're talking to. If Brad Stevens were to agree to coach IU, I can't think of many others that would top that hire. Can you name someone that you have in mind they should go after?

So you're saying there's no minority worthy of consideration?? Wow.

So no minority candidates right? Apparently IU can accept minority players but can't be bothered to even consider a minority coach?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but hasn't IUBB had one more "minority" head coach than PUBB?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but hasn't IUBB had one more "minority" head coach than PUBB?

So IU should not consider a minority head coach because Purdue didn't hire one 15+ years ago when they had their only opening in the past 40 years?

And I do remember Mike Davis and how some fans treated him. Is that why they aren't considering another minority now?

Reactions: Schnelk and DAG10
Please....do not make insinuations or put words in my mouth that I haven't spoken. You didn't answer my request as to whom you'd consider to be a viable candidate.

Until you do, I'm done with responding to you and your game.

Be done. It's clear where you stand on this issue. Pretty clear where Dolson stands on it as well.

Billy Donovan

We've only had two men's BB coaches in the last 40 years, so there's that to consider. I honestly can't recall how much consideration Cuonzo was given when Keady was set to retire, but he is fondly remembered by a lot of Purdue fans.
None... he didn’t have any head coaching experience at the time. I do like Zo though.

They would meltdown and turn on Stevens

So you're saying there's no minority worthy of consideration?? Wow.
Thats twin for you. I slapped him on ignore because he just isn't worth the effort. He is here simply out of convenience and as someone else told me, is an iu grad to begin with. My guess is he is here because he was run off of peegs for one reason or another which should really tell you all you need to know about someone.

See I know I am an unapologetic asshole and I own and accept that, but that guy has some serious issues going on it seems and needs to own that.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT