ADVERTISEMENT

Anybody have insight into status of women's basketball program?

rgarlitz

All-American
Jun 16, 2012
Unless I've missed something (which is entirely possible) it's been completely quiet since the loss to Rutgers last week. I heard a rumor that Purdue declined to participate in the NIT before Spring Break. That seems odd. Has Bobinski offered an explanation or said anything about Versyp's status?

Unless I've missed something (which is entirely possible) it's been completely quiet since the loss to Rutgers last week. I heard a rumor that Purdue declined to participate in the NIT before Spring Break. That seems odd. Has Bobinski offered an explanation or said anything about Versyp's status?
Nothing specific that I've seen . There is a post on the Hammer and Rails website that discusses this topic. The WNIT bid was declined for the"health and safety" of the players or something like that. (Per articles in both the J&C and the Exponent.).

It does seem odd and makes one wonder if there's more going on. But the number of minutes being played by the starters was one explanation that I saw. Guess we'll see

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT