ADVERTISEMENT

any opines on Mark Helfrich

PaBoiler78

All-American
Jan 18, 2002
he seems to be on a very hot seat out in Eugene. They have been giving up 32 pts/gm under new coordinator Brady Hoke. Not a big fan of that O, the defense tends to get gassed. It's one of the complaints Eagle players had under Chip Kelley's watch and now look at their D with a ball control O.

Purdue would have had a clear shot with him had they fired Hope a year earlier. Helfrich was contacted and expressed an interest in coming but Chip Kelly skipping town to the Eagles and gifting that job to Helfrich left us short. That's what my sources have explained to me.

That being said, I'm not sold because as Kelly's players and other staff members have left, the program has dwindled. Plus, you have to take success with a grain of salt at Oregon (outside of their track program which has been great forever) because of the massive amount's of cash from Nike/Phil Knight.

he seems to be on a very hot seat out in Eugene. They have been giving up 32 pts/gm under new coordinator Brady Hoke. Not a big fan of that O, the defense tends to get gassed. It's one of the complaints Eagle players had under Chip Kelley's watch and now look at their D with a ball control O.

I think Helfrich was Kelly's clipboard holder. Not interested.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT