ADVERTISEMENT

Any chance Furst has a breakout year?

proudopete

All-American
Jan 26, 2010
I haven’t seen much support for this from anyone on these boards but personally I could see Painter plugging him in with TKR as a possible starter to begin the season.

I know this will be a long shot as most people see Berg and Danielson as better prospects to man the five when TKR is at the four. However I know Painter is going to want some experience there as the season begins and who better to fill that role than Furst?

Playing backup to Edey limited Calebs minutes last year and to be honest he looked weak and uninspiring during the time he did play. Perhaps getting more minutes is the key to him breaking out?

Furst is definitely able to bring physicality to the post. However, his shooting has not improved over the last couple of years. He also has not shown the ability to guard more athletic bigs. He seems to get quick fouls. I am not sure more minutes will cure that.
Maybe he has improved a lot in the offseason. He seems like a great student athlete, so I would like to see more of a presence from him, but we will see if he has improved vastly over the last 6 months.

Reactions: ChoiceBeef
I haven’t seen much support for this from anyone on these boards but personally I could see Painter plugging him in with TKR as a possible starter to begin the season.

I know this will be a long shot as most people see Berg and Danielson as better prospects to man the five when TKR is at the four. However I know Painter is going to want some experience there as the season begins and who better to fill that role than Furst?

Playing backup to Edey limited Calebs minutes last year and to be honest he looked weak and uninspiring during the time he did play. Perhaps getting more minutes is the key to him breaking out?
don't see it happening

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT