ADVERTISEMENT

Another Game, Another 2nd half collapse

Nov 13, 2004
It's a pattern. Unless the Boilers can build a 20 point lead in the first half, they will lose every game. It's on the coach and if you mind-numbed Painter worshipers can't see that, you are blind.

Reactions: *4purdue*
It's a pattern. Unless the Boilers can build a 20 point lead in the first half, they will lose every game. It's on the coach and if you mind-numbed Painter worshipers can't see that, you are blind.
I'm not even comfortable with a 20 point lead.

Reactions: skfboiler
Serious question: do you think Purdue needs to improve conditioning to avoid fatigue late in games? I've wondered that about both Purdue and Iowa in several games this year.

Serious question: do you think Purdue needs to improve conditioning to avoid fatigue late in games? I've wondered that about both Purdue and Iowa in several games this year.
I know we lost to MSU the other night, but just looking at all their players there is no junk weight on any of them including the bigs. Their conditioning is noticably different.

Other than Stephens apparently going AWOL for the rest of the year, this team was playing 10 deep, now 9. They aren't fatigued. It's a letdown of intensity. You can see it. In the first half we tend to see who has the hot hand and stick with it. In 2nd half, when the hot hand cools, we have nobody else who wants to step up and assume command of the offense.

Teams have got to know that if they can stay close till halftime ...That they have a good chance at winning the game in the 2nd half

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT