ADVERTISEMENT

Allen VS Brohm

Got banned over there for trying to post this in response to their original thread

“Before I start I want to get this out of the way. Yes I’m a Purdue fan posting on an IU forum about Purdue. It’s May and there is literally nothing going on so I might as well be checking in here too to see what IU is up to recruiting and otherwise. I’ll “go back home” after I post this and I won’t go all crazy with my post.

With that being said I want to sum up your stats in an easy to understand way.

Overall Record

CTA: .417

$6M: .500

Edge Brohm

Big Ten Record

CTA: .222. .167 VS West. .250 VS East

$6M: .500 .500 VS West. .500 VS East

Edge Brohm

Non-Conference

CTA: 1.000, 1.000 vs P5

$6M: .500, .500 vs P5

Edge Allen

P5 OOC opponents

CTA: Virginia 2x

Brohm: Louisville, Missouri 2x, Arizona, Boston College, Auburn

Edge Brohm

So to sum it up, Brohm is .500 across the board. Against the “daunting” BIG East and the “soft” BIG West. He is also .500 against a pretty stout lineup of P5 OOC opponents. Sure a .500 record after 2 years isn’t anything to write home about for most programs, but any program coming off a 9-39 stretch is going to be ecstatic with a 2 year span of .500 while showing momentum for future improvements.

CTA is .417, not bad, but not great either. He is actually worse against the “soft” BIG West that you all always whine about than he is against the East! Who would imagine that?! If you took the BIG West out of his record he would be 9-9, or .500, and match Brohm! He also has a bit of a boost from the easier OOC schedules IU typically faces. Not a dig at IU, just an honest analysis of the facts, he has played a third as many OOC P5 games as Brohm. But he has also won all his OOC games, which is what should be expected of a BIG coach so I have to give him some respect for that for sure.

Overall both coaches have performed at levels our two programs can’t complain about. Sure we all would like our programs to be better, but historically speaking we’ve had a few solid years with these two coaches. However, I would say that looking at the records, Brohm has been the better coach so far.

That’s just the opinion of a humble Boiler (or “Broilee” to put it in terms y’all understand ;) ) so take it for what it’s worth to you.”
Well, you made an accurate presentation of facts in support of a well reasoned argument leaving them no option other than banning you. What did you expect?:)

Got banned over there for trying to post this in response to their original thread

“Before I start I want to get this out of the way. Yes I’m a Purdue fan posting on an IU forum about Purdue. It’s May and there is literally nothing going on so I might as well be checking in here too to see what IU is up to recruiting and otherwise. I’ll “go back home” after I post this and I won’t go all crazy with my post.

With that being said I want to sum up your stats in an easy to understand way.

Overall Record

CTA: .417

$6M: .500

Edge Brohm

Big Ten Record

CTA: .222. .167 VS West. .250 VS East

$6M: .500 .500 VS West. .500 VS East

Edge Brohm

Non-Conference

CTA: 1.000, 1.000 vs P5

$6M: .500, .500 vs P5

Edge Allen

P5 OOC opponents

CTA: Virginia 2x

Brohm: Louisville, Missouri 2x, Arizona, Boston College, Auburn

Edge Brohm

So to sum it up, Brohm is .500 across the board. Against the “daunting” BIG East and the “soft” BIG West. He is also .500 against a pretty stout lineup of P5 OOC opponents. Sure a .500 record after 2 years isn’t anything to write home about for most programs, but any program coming off a 9-39 stretch is going to be ecstatic with a 2 year span of .500 while showing momentum for future improvements.

CTA is .417, not bad, but not great either. He is actually worse against the “soft” BIG West that you all always whine about than he is against the East! Who would imagine that?! If you took the BIG West out of his record he would be 9-9, or .500, and match Brohm! He also has a bit of a boost from the easier OOC schedules IU typically faces. Not a dig at IU, just an honest analysis of the facts, he has played a third as many OOC P5 games as Brohm. But he has also won all his OOC games, which is what should be expected of a BIG coach so I have to give him some respect for that for sure.

Overall both coaches have performed at levels our two programs can’t complain about. Sure we all would like our programs to be better, but historically speaking we’ve had a few solid years with these two coaches. However, I would say that looking at the records, Brohm has been the better coach so far.

That’s just the opinion of a humble Boiler (or “Broilee” to put it in terms y’all understand ;) ) so take it for what it’s worth to you.”
Logic and facts went bye bye off that board years ago. Nice try though.

I don't like to get caught up in the IU vs PU BS because it is mostly BS coming form both sides. It gets very old and very dumb from both fan bases.

That being said, the OP is wtf logic. Brohm has won as many games against the east in half the games as Allen. Allen has a 0.143 winning percentage against the weaker west division where Brohm is 0.500.

A quick parsing of the data seems to indicate that the difference in non-conference schedules is pretty stark and Allen is making hay against the weak non-conference schedule.

Reactions: boilerbusdriver
I don't like to get caught up in the IU vs PU BS because it is mostly BS coming form both sides. It gets very old and very dumb from both fan bases.

That being said, the OP is wtf logic. Brohm has won as many games against the east in half the games as Allen. Allen has a 0.143 winning percentage against the weaker west division where Brohm is 0.500.

A quick parsing of the data seems to indicate that the difference in non-conference schedules is pretty stark and Allen is making hay against the weak non-conference schedule.

The thing that gets me is... it’s not like they win v the West .. they don’t lol

Sure they do: Western Illinois, Western Michigan, Southwest Louisiana...

You forgot 'Westside Middle School'...

Untitled-3.jpg

Last edited:
The thing that gets me is... it’s not like they win v the West .. they don’t lol

That was kind of my point. It's all just stupid meaningless BS but didn't it say Brohm has won as many games against the east as Allen and Purdue doesn't even play in the east? It's just weird and stupid.

Until last year,my grandson played on the 2A state championship team and after watching IU play no. WeBo wins hands down

Yes, I knew WeBo was a bad choice when I typed my previous post... it was just the first h.s. 'Western' that came to mind.
Heck, I can't even think of any high schools whose names begin with "W" that IU can beat...

maybe 'Wawasee' or 'Wabash'??

edited-image_zps2pj8qgdz.png

Anyway, your point is well taken and I will amend my previous post accordingly,
I just needed to think outside the "Boone"!

Yes, I knew WeBo was a bad choice when I typed my previous post... it was just the first h.s. 'Western' that came to mind.
Heck, I can't even think of any high schools whose names begin with "W" that IU can beat...

maybe 'Wawasee' or 'Wabash'??

edited-image_zps2pj8qgdz.png

Anyway, your point is well taken and I will amend my previous post accordingly,
I just needed to think outside the "Boone"!
You forgot Wapahani.

Wabash Apachies. Wawasee are the Warriors.

You know, I like those team names...
especially 'Wawasee Warriors', as it's alliterative and has a certain ring to it.

The term 'apache' is actually French and it means "violent street ruffian" and it originated in Paris. Oh, the irony.
I think 'hoosier' is a French term too, and it probably means 'creepy little brother', go figure!
Trailer_Parker_zpsd722119d.jpg

Reactions: boilerbusdriver
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT