ADVERTISEMENT

Aidan O’Connell might start for LV.

Purdue-Fan-Ian

Sophomore
Dec 3, 2004
I’ve hearing a lot that Aidan O’Connell might start for the Las Vegas Raiders this coming Sunday against the Chargers. Jimmy Garoppolo is in the concussion protocol and supposedly Brian Hoyer is also dinged up a little bit. So the word is O’Connell might get his first NFL start this Sunday!

I’ve hearing a lot that Aidan O’Connell might start for the Las Vegas Raiders this coming Sunday against the Chargers. Jimmy Garoppolo is in the concussion protocol and supposedly Brian Hoyer is also dinged up a little bit. So the word is O’Connell might get his first NFL start this Sunday!
Plus, Hoyer sucks

Wait - how exactly did Hoyer get “dinged up”?

Strained his labrum putting his visor on?

Jimmy thinks he can go.....and wants to start.......

525967a5-500e-4d46-aeb1-45ee0a84488a_text.gif

If O’Connell does start its going to be fun to watch what he can do with the Raiders starting receivers.

It's official. Looking forward to seeing what he can do with that offense. Vegas fans are certainly excited from what I've seen on Elon's social media platform.

Yikes. I'm not able to watch the game so don't know if he is getting anytime or not in the pocket.
threw an INT down at their 2 when it was 24 - 17. Misread coverage, thought it was man but actually was zone and threw it right to one of their DB's

Kind of a mixed bag for Aidan for his first game. You just can't turn the ball over and they were all huge. But he definitely has a connection with Adams and was targeting him endlessly once DA came back in the game.

threw an INT down at their 2 when it was 24 - 17. Misread coverage, thought it was man but actually was zone and threw it right to one of their DB's

That not only looked like a bad throw, but the receiver was not even looking. Very HS type throw there.

I caught parts of the game, and was impressed, considering just one week ago he was considered the emergency, rookie quarterback. The first drive he was 3/3 passing and ran it in for a touchdown. The two fumbles were terrible, but somehow his completion percentage was still 62% for the game. On their last touchdown, he called for some adjustment to the O-line right before they ran it in between the tackles where he made the adjustment. Even on the final interception, the rest of the drive was impressive. In fact, if it was a completion, it would’ve been the comeback, game-winning play and the narrative around his performance would be extremely different.

I was hoping he wouldn’t get a chance to start until later in the season or next year. Just a little too soon I think. He seems to be an incredible learner, based on his meteoric rise up the depth charts from last to first (well, considering Garoppolo’s injury) in both college and NFL.

Too early to write off this young man’s career - RonBurgandy I don’t think your comment will age well.

Last edited:
Reactions: ImRonBurgandy?
Let's give props to BC Fanatic. 2 years ago he was stating AOC had "it", you know the it factor, despite his shortcomings.

Reactions: FiveWeight
I caught parts of the game, and was impressed, considering just one week ago he was considered the emergency, rookie quarterback. The first drive he was 3/3 passing and ran it in for a touchdown. The two fumbles were terrible, but somehow his completion percentage was still 62% for the game. On their last touchdown, he called for some adjustment to the O-line right before they ran it in between the tackles where he made the adjustment. Even on the final interception, the rest of the drive was impressive. In fact, if it was a completion, it would’ve been the comeback, game-winning play and the narrative around his performance would be extremely different.

I was hoping he wouldn’t get a chance to start until later in the season or next year. Just a little too soon I think. He seems to be an incredible learner, based on his meteoric rise up the depth charts from last to first (well, considering Garoppolo’s injury) in both college and NFL.

Too early to write off this young man’s career - RonBurgandy I don’t think your comment will age well.
I was being a bit facetious. As you stated, he throws a TD there at the end instead of a pick and we're having an entirely different conversation.

I guess it might be better to say the oconnell era is on hold. He wins that game yesterday, and I think there is a real QB controversy in Vegas. I dont think there is now.

Being a 4th rd QB pick, he's not going to get a whole lot of opportunities whether fair or not.

I was being a bit facetious. As you stated, he throws a TD there at the end instead of a pick and we're having an entirely different conversation.

I guess it might be better to say the oconnell era is on hold. He wins that game yesterday, and I think there is a real QB controversy in Vegas. I dont think there is now.

Being a 4th rd QB pick, he's not going to get a whole lot of opportunities whether fair or not.
I'm their have been some absolutely great QBs picked late in the draft. Tom Brady just to name one off the top of my head. So who knows. Brees did not start out his career very well either. Look how that turned out.

Reactions: ImRonBurgandy?
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT