ADVERTISEMENT

After watching that first half o BIG10 champ game...

PaBoiler78

All-American
Jan 18, 2002
now I really wish we would have been in it. Watching that Iowa O is like watching paint dry. Their QB stinks, all they do are those zone run plays, and throw to TE's. The only thing keeping them in the game is the Mich punt returner fair catching punts inside the 10 yard line. Then on Mich 's last drive, they keep throwing 6 yd passes w/ no TO's left and then the announcers rave about that Gaddis coach.

now I really wish we would have been in it. Watching that Iowa O is like watching paint dry. Their QB stinks, all they do are those zone run plays, and throw to TE's. The only thing keeping them in the game is the Mich punt returner fair catching punts inside the 10 yard line. Then on Mich 's last drive, they keep throwing 6 yd passes w/ no TO's left and then the announcers rave about that Gaddis coach.
Decisions other than in game decisions often have a big impact … I.e hiring Diaco or starting the wrong QB in week one and losing to Minnesota later on, when maybe starting Oconnell from week one would have had him ready to beat Minnesota

Michigan only has a running game. The way we destroyed Iowa's defense makes me believe we would have done the same to Michigan. They would have ran for 300 yards against us though.

Michigan only has a running game. The way we destroyed Iowa's defense makes me believe we would have done the same to Michigan. They would have ran for 300 yards against us though.
I don’t see it. When we gave up big rushing totals that didn’t come with us ahead by more than one score.. it was cause our defense was left out on the field all day. This would not be true with Oconnell

Michigan would have likely run almost at will as you stated, and, Hutchinson against Purdue OL would have sealed the Heisman for him...it was not a good matchup for Purdue unfortunately...less favorable even than Ohio St. was in that Ohio St. does not have a dominant running game, or, near the DL that Michigan does.

Reactions: pboiler18
Yes. The Iowa QB is not D-1 material.

Funny...at the end of halftime today, Bob Stoops said Iowa should run play action and roll out Petras more in the second half. That's exactly what Iowa did on several plays to start the second half. Petras faked the handoff, rolled and turned...and then he had a face full of a Michigan defender. Was pretty funny.

Reactions: pboiler18 and DAG10
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT