ADVERTISEMENT

A Little Fun Reading about IU football

arcb102000

All-American
Aug 27, 2006
I found this on cbssports.com:
A discussion of winners and losers in the 2021 season

"Indiana: Hoosiers coach Tom Allen quickly became one of the stars of the sport after leading his team to a 6-2 record and a No. 12 ranking in 2020. That success appears to have been a pandemic-related blip as the Hoosiers imploded in a shocking 2-10 campaign in 2021. The only wins came against FCS Idaho and a Western Kentucky squad that could beat the Hoosiers if they played again today. Injuries helped derail the season, but that's still no excuse for losing to Rutgers, Minnesota and Purdue by a combined 117-24. Indiana might be the single most disappointing team in college football."

"Indiana: Hoosiers coach Tom Allen quickly became one of the stars of the sport after leading his team to a 6-2 record and a No. 12 ranking in 2020. That success appears to have been a pandemic-related blip as the Hoosiers imploded in a shocking 2-10 campaign in 2021. The only wins came against FCS Idaho and a Western Kentucky squad that could beat the Hoosiers if they played again today. Injuries helped derail the season, but that's still no excuse for losing to Rutgers, Minnesota and Purdue by a combined 117-24. Indiana might be the single most disappointing team in college football."
What a disaster, even by their low standards. Now they have players leaving in droves, they’re stuck with the RevCoach LEO and his buyout, and they can’t find any quality assistant coaches to come try to rescue them. They have no choice but to bargain shop for rejects in the portal, and player issues on and off the field will continue to be the norm. They’ll aspire to mediocrity and blame everyone else when they once again fail to achieve it. All in a dump of a stadium with 20,000 sad fans, which balloons to 50,000 when OSU overwhelms them every two years. They can’t even tailgate well, as a stroll through their concrete jungle will tell you. A mass of mini-van driven middle managers eating gas station sandwiches and drinking Coors Light while wondering who the Colts play the next day. No wonder the admissions office has to beg kids to apply. Like I said, what a disaster.

Good read.

Below is why you don’t buy weed from you McDonalds co workers cause you post crazy stuff like this:

(How would a mediocre offense save them from the 35 and 37 point beatdown they got from Rutgers and Purdue respectively)

5xdekr.jpg

It is really dissappointing when it's the norm? I consider 2 wins for IU a good season.

?? They were a missed FG from going into halftime down 1 score and receiving the kickoff. We scored 13 in the 4th let’s not get too cocky.
Brohm put plummer in .. I don’t know if it’s psychological at this point with Jack, who I like, but he and Burton looked to have the attacking prowess of a Caleb terbush or Justin siller … if he keeps Oconnell in we might still be scoring

Reactions: Indy_Rider
Good read.

Below is why you don’t buy weed from you McDonalds co workers cause you post crazy stuff like this:

(How would a mediocre offense save them from the 35 and 37 point beatdown they got from Rutgers and Purdue respectively)

5xdekr.jpg

the obvious joke is their entire offensive cupboard is emptying out with their entire WR room, Penix, carr, hendershot, and 3 offensive linemen leaving. They are in full rebuild mode. I’m not even sure who their RB and top WR will be let alone a QB...

mediocre offense to go 6-6 will need a respectable defense which they don’t have. And their defense had 10 seniors starting.

they shouldn’t even be projecting any wins next year and any logical fan would acknowledge they will be in full rebuild mode.

Brohm put plummer in .. I don’t know if it’s psychological at this point with Jack, who I like, but he and Burton looked to have the attacking prowess of a Caleb terbush or Justin siller … if he keeps Oconnell in we might still be scoring
Plummer played for one drive and we scored a TD in 2 minutes.

then we got the ball back again with 4 minutes left in the 4th with Burton and punted. Yes brohm could have been an @sshole and scored a TD on that final drive but to say we took our foot off the gas by not trying to score a TD with 4 minutes left in the game and a 37 point lead is a bit misleading.

Plummer played for one drive and we scored a TD in 2 minutes.

then we got the ball back again with 4 minutes left in the 4th with Burton and punted. Yes brohm could have been an @sshole and scored a TD on that final drive but to say we took our foot off the gas by not trying to score a TD with 4 minutes left in the game and a 37 point lead is a bit misleading.
Not being an ass hole is still taking your foot off the gas ..

if you let someone cut you off in Traffic when you shouldn’t .. do you take your foot off the gas? Are you not an ass hole.. yes and yes

Not being an ass hole is still taking your foot off the gas ..

if you let someone cut you off in Traffic when you shouldn’t .. do you take your foot off the gas? Are you not an ass hole.. yes and yes
We won a game that was close for 29:59. And could have even been a tie at the half if a pick 6 wasn’t called back and their kicker could hit a FG. I acknowledge we could have won by 44 instead of 37 if brohm wanted to be classless and run up the score (although he was still passing and had AO in the 4th quarter up 30). But to imply we could have blown them out by more is misleading like I said. To all we know AO could have thrown a pick six trying to score again and we win by 30 instead. Burton still attempted a pass in our final drive it’s not like we were taking knees but acknowledge putting in Burton over AO reduced our chances of increasing our lead.

We won a game that was close for 29:59. And could have even been a tie at the half if a pick 6 wasn’t called back and their kicker could hit a FG. I acknowledge we could have won by 44 instead of 37 if brohm wanted to be classless and run up the score (although he was still passing and had AO in the 4th quarter up 30). But to imply we could have blown them out by more is misleading like I said. To all we know AO could have thrown a pick six trying to score again and we win by 30 instead. Burton still attempted a pass in our final drive it’s not like we were taking knees but acknowledge putting in Burton over AO reduced our chances of increasing our lead.
The only reason they got the pick is because the throw was accurate and on Target….the WR that was running the route got pancaked before the ball got there.
It was a fantastic and accurate call. There’s no “almost” here on the INT.

Reread your sentence that starts with I acknowledge … you just conceded P’s point

The only reason they got the pick is because the throw was accurate and on Target….the WR that was running the route got pancaked before the ball got there.

Exactly, that was likely a completion without the PI. O'Connell puts it there when there is only a fraction of a second to make the completion.

Edit: That is why we will have an unstoppable offense if Aiden comes back.

Lol almost smh

Reactions: delarno
But they don’t call that all the time. We have lost our fair share of games on plays like that.

You know how moronic this sounds? “The QB should play the game like his WR will get dropped before the ball gets there.. he’d be precluded from making 150 good throws if he tried to account for that
That does sound moronic, but that’s not what I said, implied, suggested, or even close. It’s a pick six until the red (correctly) threw the flag. You are taking out of context my point being the game was a lot closer in the first half than some folks on here want to admit.

That does sound moronic, but that’s not what I said, implied, suggested, or even close. It’s a pick six until the red (correctly) threw the flag. You are taking out of context my point being the game was a lot closer in the first half than some folks on here want to admit.
The pick six was never a thing. It has zero relevance in anything.

Reactions: Indy_Rider
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT