ADVERTISEMENT

A couple of teams came close to stopping their pre-draft workouts because Edey was killing everyone.

Meanwhile Krysten Peek here is sending gender equality in sports journalism back several decades

She is getting ripped in the comments and deservedly so. In a weak draft, taking a high floor proven commodity pick like Edey is smart, especially if you need a true center and biggest weakness is rebounding.

If anyone bombed it was the Pistons taking another athletic developmental wing that can't shoot.

Hopefully someone is archiving these. They deserve to be revisited.

Giddy up.

seinfeld-kramer-better-believe-it-mb3vc6qk6zy3b71n.gif

• Haha
Reactions: z_one and Boiler79
She is getting ripped in the comments and deservedly so. In a weak draft, taking a high floor proven commodity pick like Edey is smart, especially if you need a true center and biggest weakness is rebounding.

If anyone bombed it was the Pistons taking another athletic developmental wing that can't shoot.
They basically got a much younger and better version of Steven Adams back and they already knew that worked for them. Seems like a perfect pick and he'll fare well. The Grizz likely favored him over Clingan or they would have traded up.

Now that Zach has 6 fouls and might actually be encouraged to use some of them, I’d love to see him wear the black hat every so often. Not sure he has it in him tho.
The Grizzly brass clearly paid attention to every aspect of Zach's game -- and were happy with what they saw. As you pointed out, they will encourage him to play more aggressive on D.

I also appreciate that they believe he can shoot, but don't expect it to be an emphasis.

But I loved the response to a question about how, with Zach, they will be able to match up with other teams. The Grizzlies think other teams will have trouble matching up with him.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT